Surprise, Honey! You're Taking Me to WDW! (6/10) Coming Soon, to a DISboard Near You!

Here's to many hours ahead snuggling in and enjoying the magic of Disney with your family! :smickey:

Thank you, MeMom! :goodvibes How sweet!

:cool1: Yippeee for the DVD's! I'm glad you guys, especially Billy, are enjoying them! I hope their a great way pick me up!

They are definitely whetting our appetites for WDW!
I will explain in the next update...

Disney ought to give you a kickback Kathy - I think I'm going to order those DVDs too! :thumbsup2

//:lmao:

Kathy

Hey Kathy....

hope I didn't miss anything else....but your 3 bits of good news are GRREEAATTTT! :cool1:

love your two ADR choices...can't wait to hear all about the fun couples only dinning...:lovestruc

and we loved staying at CSR too in 09 and we did the Casitas section...very convient to the main El Centro, dining and bus stops. The fountains there are beautiful, definately plan some evening time walking around and looking at everything...the fountain in the one of the above posts we walked by everyday on our way to and from.

here's hoping eveything works out w/ the new doctor coming on and you moving into full time

J~

love your two ADR choices...can't wait to hear all about the fun couples only dinning...:lovestruc

No chicken nuggets will be ordered!! :laughing:

...and we loved staying at CSR too in 09 and we did the Casitas section...very convient to the main El Centro, dining and bus stops. The fountains there are beautiful, definately plan some evening time walking around and looking at everything...the fountain in the one of the above posts we walked by everyday on our way to and from.

CSR does look lovely and I'm very excited to stay there, but...

...here's hoping eveything works out w/ the new doctor coming on and you moving into full time

...I still don't have full confirmation of that... its just scuttlebutt for the time being. I wish I could find out for sure because Ed pretty much said "no trips" to Disney unless I get a full-time job, or he gets a job and retires! :sad2:

More on that coming up....

Kathy

I can't think of a better way to spend an afternoon than to snuggle up with my kids in front of a (new) Disney DVD!! :banana: Precious!

I totally "get it" about the random utterings and sometimes senseless ramblings. Zach often will just spout off the most nonsensical things, and you have to just shake your head and ask yourself, "WHERE did that come from?!" AHhhh... life in the autistic lane.

Also, wanted to let you know, I put up the new thread- I compromised on the titles we (you and I) came up with. come join me!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2482610

Aw, I have that same Dug that Billy has! :)

Those DVDs sound interesting. Did they mention anything about POTC being supposedly haunted? I always mean to ask the CMs when I'm in line but considering there usually is no line and you get right on the boat, it slips my mind.

That is Disney magic at its best!! What a great story!!! I'm so excited that you can have those conversations with your son!! YAY!!!

Aww...Disney really IS magical....I totally believe that. :goodvibes What a great way to enjoy some quality time with the kids.

I just may have to put those DVD's on my ever-growing wish list! ;)

I can't think of a better way to spend an afternoon than to snuggle up with my kids in front of a (new) Disney DVD!! :banana: Precious!

I totally "get it" about the random utterings and sometimes senseless ramblings. Zach often will just spout off the most nonsensical things, and you have to just shake your head and ask yourself, "WHERE did that come from?!" AHhhh... life in the autistic lane.

I posted on Part III of your PTR earlier today! :thumbsup2

Aw, I have that same Dug that Billy has! :)

Those DVDs sound interesting. Did they mention anything about POTC being supposedly haunted? I always mean to ask the CMs when I'm in line but considering there usually is no line and you get right on the boat, it slips my mind.

I can understand wanting Dug, but Billy surprised me by wanting the Alpha, too! :laughing: (I think its because his voice sounds like Alvin the Chipmunk!)

Nothing on the DVD about POTC being haunted, although they did cover the new addition of Jack Sparrow and Davy Jones.

However, I am familiar with the legend of GEORGE, as are others.... ;)

From hiddenmickeys.org:

UPDATE: Axel 14 JUN 01
I am a Disney World Attractions cast member that can confirm the story of the George the Ghost on Pirates as we call it. Long story short he was a Imagineer that built the tracks for the ride and died on the ride. I will not tell anymore of this very complicated and secret story. He did design a secret area on the ride to hide, when stressed. The ride does break down if we do not say goodnight George after closing everynight, if we do forget the next day if a guest says I dont believe in George, it will and has broke down. The rest I will take with me to a grave, or you need to be a pirate for the carribean to learn the true secret behind the myth that is George.

UPDATE: anon 25 MAR 02
George is indeed real, and was an engineer working on the POC building, when a beam collapsed and killed him. Thus, he haunts the building where he died, but is a friendly ghost and his intent is always to help the CM's, unless somebody purposely gets him mad.

CONFIRMED: Jennifer Dubin- Future CM 31 MAR 02
I work at Disney World right now, and I operate Pirates of the Caribbean. George was a worker on the ride when it was built. He was involved in construction mainly. He was also close friends with Walt and Roy and had a close history with them. Two of the pirates have his face. In the Burning City scene, on the right hand side, there is a tower with one window. This is the tallest onstage point throughout the ride. This is George's Tower. He was up there to survey the Burning City (which was his favorite scene), and in coming down the ladder, he lost his balance and fell. The fall is the equivalent of four and a half stories. That is how he died. For any cast member to climb the ladder is an automatic termination because of the danger. We do not say hello or goodmorning to George in the morning, we say goodnight to him after we close. On mornings which the night before was missing his goodnight salutations, no more than 3 full cycles of boats have been completed before an E-stop, or and Automatic Power Disconnect. He is real, he isn't mean or haunting, but he can be mischevious. When walkin backstage by yourself, the plastic boards you walk on, you can feel someone walking behind you. If you're running he runs. It's not all the time, but it does happen. Not all E-stops and APDs are George though. The ride is quite tempermental herself. She has been operating since Dec 15, 1973 so she's old, which is why now, the ride is going under renovation until July. Another thing about George. He has a door that can be seen from the Unload station. If it is open you can see flames from behind the jail scene, and having George's door open will stop the ride. No one is ever back there, not even Maint. or MGNT. and yet the door sometimes get's opened. The ride has never even survived one full cycle of boats when George's door is open. He really doesn't care about guest going through the ride saying/thinking "George isn't real" he only cares about the cast members, cause we're the ones he is trusting to run the ride. So think it all you want. George isn't going to APD for you.

That is Disney magic at its best!! What a great story!!! I'm so excited that you can have those conversations with your son!! YAY!!!

Thanks, Jen! I know its a cliche, but, it really is the little things in life that are the best! :goodvibes

Aww...Disney really IS magical....I totally believe that. :goodvibes What a great way to enjoy some quality time with the kids.

I just may have to put those DVD's on my ever-growing wish list! ;)

I included a link, below, if you're interested!

http://www.amazon.com/Disney-Parks-...ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1275956427&sr=8-1

Kathy, thanks to you, the DVD has been ordered. :)

You're welcome, Kathy!

Kathy, do you have a link to the set on Amazon? It sounds wonderful and something I'd like to add to our dvd library. Thanks!! :)

Here ya go! Enjoy!

http://www.amazon.com/Disney-Parks-...ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1275956427&sr=8-1

Kathy

Very interesting about George...I had no idea! :eek:

The DVDs sound great and the snuggling even better! :love:

Sara

Very interesting about George...I had no idea! :eek:

The DVDs sound great and the snuggling even better! :love:

Sara

Thanks! :teeth:

I remember when taking the Keys to the Kingdom tour that someone asked about the Haunted Mansion being haunted. The guide replied, "No, that's POTC" and proceded to tell us the story of George.

Kathy

My kids asked the CMs on their way out of the PoTC late one night last trip. He (the cm) got a very quizzical look on his face, and stammered out, " how did you know about that?!" After regaining his composure, he said, "Of course, we say 'good night' to him every night!!"

Thanks for posting that! I knew I had heard the story before. I'll have to make sure I ask on this upcoming trip and see what kind of response I get.

/
It is with Deep Regret....

Well, folks, the birthday trip is off. :sad1:

Yesterday, while watching one of our new WDW Secrets DVDs, the subject of our next family trip naturally came up. Ed began expressing concern about the fact that I'm planning for June of 2011 ("I thought we weren't going this year?!" "We can't afford to go!" etc, etc.) :rolleyes2

And even though we're technically NOT going THIS YEAR (2010), he began shooting down the Summer Vacation (6/11) plan and lobbying for the return of the Christmas Vacation (12/11) plan.

Blechh!

Again, I restated the reasons why I did not want to plan for a trip to WDW during Christmas Vacation... the crowds... the expense... the additional DVC points needed. And most importantly, the effect it would have on Billy because of his sensory issues, etc. Of course, I tactfully omitted the fact that I could not see myself waiting an additional six months when I was already in the throes of extreme WDW withdrawal, but, that was certainly in the back of my mind during the, ahem, little argument!

Although I haven't mentioned the weekend plans to Ed, he obviously knows that I've been dreaming about a birthday getaway... and he pretty much put the kabosh on that, too. We can't afford it, blah, blah, blah.... I may not be able to retire, blah, blah, blah.... You can't count on getting full-time hours, blah, blah, blah.

BLAH! BLAH! BLAH! :sick:

Well, I've decided that the best thing to do is to take one for the team... literally. I figure that even if I do somehow persuade Ed to go through with a couple's weekend, it will just be that much more difficult to persuade him to take the family to Disney next June.

And so, it was with much regret that I made the unhappy phone calls. Quietly I cancelled our resort and dining reservations, resolving that the money saved will enable us to take the family for a nice, long vacation next year.

*Sigh* "Next year" sounds so far away!! :sad2:

But, I take heart in the fact that in a little more than two weeks my countdown ticker will not include the word "year," we will be dealing with months and weeks.

Naturally, I'm very disappointed and I admit that tears were flowing freely as I was cancelling my ressies. But now that they have dried, I realize that the sacrifice will be worth it. I want Eddie, Tricia, and most importantly, my Billy to have the most magical Disney vacation ever.

disney-3-1.png

Thanks for reading along.... I'll see you over on the TR Board!

[thread=2329848]A Halloween Adventure in Autism![/thread]

Kathy

Kathy, I just want to send you a big :hug:

I'm so sorry, but I will look forward to following your plans for the big family vacation.

:( Oh Kathy, I'm sorry you had to cancel the trip. That stinks. But at least you'll have the family vacation to look forward to and you can put more toward that. At least you know when you're next trip will be, that's always a plus. :hug:

I've been lurking here and on your very enjoyable TR for a while now, and I've decided to come out of anonymity to send you some warm wishes for a bigger and better vacation next time. I think you made a wise choice, a difficult one, but wise nonetheless. :hug:

I just got caught up and then read this troubling ending! I am so sorry it's not going to work out but at least you can now look ahead to next June and focus on that. I always feel a longer vacation at WDW is the way to go anyhow! Geesh, I get sad leaving after 10 days at the place, I can imagine myself if I was only there for the weekend!!

Maybe you could plan something extra special for that trip, like a fireworks cruise or something (I forget, is Billy okay with fireworks??)

Take care :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter