• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Surprise, Honey! You're Taking Me to WDW! (6/10) Coming Soon, to a DISboard Near You!

I'm sorry Kathy :hug:

Look on the bright side, at least you have a ticker and you know you have next years trip to look forward to - I on the other hand, have no idea when I may get to return.......

I am completely bummed for you Kathy. :( Our family trip isn't for over a year and I know the feeling in the pit of your stomach, longing to get back to your Happy Place. :hug:

:sad:

I'm so sorry Kathy! :(

And I'm a little sad for me too... I really wanted to FINALLY meet you in person! Oh well... one day that will happen.

Just the other day I was noticing that your ticker is close to the one year mark!! I hope it all works out and you can keep your June trip! pixiedust:

I'm so sorry, Kathy. I could "feel" your excitement oozing through the computer screen as you shared your planning. :hug:

Oh Kathy! I'm so, so, so sorry!!!! :hug: I wish there was something I could say to make it better! Perhaps you can start thinking about a weekend get away again if the full time hours do come. It can be a little reward! I'm glad you still have next summer to look forward too! :hug:

:sad: :hug: :hug: :hug:

You know how to reach me if you want or need to talk, I am here for you!

I don't know what to say other then I'm not real happy with your husband right now and I don't even know him! Hmmmfffpt!!!!

Stay firm with the June date, I'm afraid Christmas would be more trouble than it would be worth.

oh Kathy!

:hug: I am so sorry, I know how hard it is to balance it all. Jeff was grumbling last night about how we won't be able to vacation in all of 2011 based on the cost of the august trip.

Sigh.

Disney trip money DOES need to grow on trees!

But at the end of the day family harmony is far more important.

/
It is with Deep Regret....

Well, folks, the birthday trip is off. :sad1:

Yesterday, while watching one of our new WDW Secrets DVDs, the subject of our next family trip naturally came up. Ed began expressing concern about the fact that I'm planning for June of 2011 ("I thought we weren't going this year?!" "We can't afford to go!" etc, etc.) :rolleyes2

And even though we're technically NOT going THIS YEAR (2010), he began shooting down the Summer Vacation (6/11) plan and lobbying for the return of the Christmas Vacation (12/11) plan.

Blechh!

Again, I restated the reasons why I did not want to plan for a trip to WDW during Christmas Vacation... the crowds... the expense... the additional DVC points needed. And most importantly, the effect it would have on Billy because of his sensory issues, etc. Of course, I tactfully omitted the fact that I could not see myself waiting an additional six months when I was already in the throes of extreme WDW withdrawal, but, that was certainly in the back of my mind during the, ahem, little argument!

Although I haven't mentioned the weekend plans to Ed, he obviously knows that I've been dreaming about a birthday getaway... and he pretty much put the kabosh on that, too. We can't afford it, blah, blah, blah.... I may not be able to retire, blah, blah, blah.... You can't count on getting full-time hours, blah, blah, blah.

BLAH! BLAH! BLAH! :sick:

Well, I've decided that the best thing to do is to take one for the team... literally. I figure that even if I do somehow persuade Ed to go through with a couple's weekend, it will just be that much more difficult to persuade him to take the family to Disney next June.

And so, it was with much regret that I made the unhappy phone calls. Quietly I cancelled our resort and dining reservations, resolving that the money saved will enable us to take the family for a nice, long vacation next year.

*Sigh* "Next year" sounds so far away!! :sad2:

But, I take heart in the fact that in a little more than two weeks my countdown ticker will not include the word "year," we will be dealing with months and weeks.

Naturally, I'm very disappointed and I admit that tears were flowing freely as I was cancelling my ressies. But now that they have dried, I realize that the sacrifice will be worth it. I want Eddie, Tricia, and most importantly, my Billy to have the most magical Disney vacation ever.

disney-3-1.png

Thanks for reading along.... I'll see you over on the TR Board!

[thread=2329848]A Halloween Adventure in Autism![/thread]

Kathy

:grouphug::grouphug:

Ah Kathy, I'm so sorry you had to cancel you trip!!!!! I will have to come over to your TR and catch up!!!!! HUGS all around!!!

I am so sorry to hear about the canceled trip, Kathy! Just remember you will be back to Disney next year which really isn't too far away! :hug: When I get mopey, I always try to remind myself how lucky we are to go as often as we do. Some people only ever go once with their families or once every five years or so. We are much more fortunate. :hug:

Thank you, friends, for your support.... I know that you truly empathize with my situation.

I'm a bit overwhelmed right now, but will return soon to answer everyone individually. You are all such wonderful people!

Kathy
:grouphug:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

sorry Kathy....don't worry more trips will be in your Disney future I'm sure of it....just not right now.

Jules

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter