Surprise, Honey! You're Taking Me to WDW! (6/10) Coming Soon, to a DISboard Near You!

/
Kathy's next PTR!! :dogdance:

Yes, chin up and all that... we must carry on! Soon it will be time to start a PTR for our next family trip! In only two weeks, to be exact!

I've decided to hold off and wait until my coundown ticker reads, "One Year Until..." For some reason, I'd like to pass that particular milestone first! :surfweb:

I'll be starting a completely new thread... thanks to all of you who hung with me through the ups and downs of this one!!

Love,

Kathy
:grouphug:

Count me in too! And I know what yu mean. I want to try to do a PTR for our trip but even if I do magically finish my last TR soon I'd rather wait until the new trips less than a year out before starting a PTR.

You know I will be there :thumbsup2, we might stalk you in June 2011. We will still have our active AP's ya know ;).

I'll be there! Can't wait to read along! :goodvibes

Great! Thanks, Amy!

Count me in too! And I know what yu mean. I want to try to do a PTR for our trip but even if I do magically finish my last TR soon I'd rather wait until the new trips less than a year out before starting a PTR.

It does seem better to wait, doesn't it? And you're right about finishing up on old TRs, too! :rolleyes1 I'm guilty!

So sorry you had to cancel the trip!! :guilty:

I will for sure sign on for the new PTR though... :goodvibes

Thanks, Toni! I'll be glad to have you along!

You know I will be there :thumbsup2, we might stalk you in June 2011. We will still have our active AP's ya know ;).

Tracy, whenever you talk about "stalking" it makes me laugh! :rotfl2:

Kathy

/

Yes, chin up and all that... we must carry on! Soon it will be time to start a PTR for our next family trip! In only two weeks, to be exact!

I've decided to hold off and wait until my coundown ticker reads, "One Year Until..." For some reason, I'd like to pass that particular milestone first! :surfweb:

I will be looking forward to your Pre-Trip Report...:surfweb:I think you have picked a great day to start!

Kathy

Had a crazy weekend so just catching up.......know the disappointment you have but in the long run it is the best decision I am sure, you would be miserable if you went and did not feel it was the right time. Jim and I cruised out of Miami last year so we spent one night in Miami. We had great deals on the cruise, the plane even the hotel in Miami. We had tapas in the afternoon and a great time, then we went to a fancy place for dinner and I literally felt sick while we ate because I knew we should not be doing this to our wallet. To finish it all off Jim bent down to pick up his napkin while we were leaving and threw his back out.....we almost missed our cruise:headache:

Lesson learned....which is why I have not been posting much so I can work more and sock some money away for our August trip!

Will be reading your TR and looking forward to your next PTR....bring it on babe!

ps for my 40th Jim wanted to take me to Boston for the weekend.....spent the money on a desperately needed new kitchen faucet and now I smile 10x a day while I stay dry in the kitchen.....treat yourself to something in your everyday life and be guilt free:goodvibes

/
Kathy's next PTR!! :dogdance:

I'll be starting a completely new thread... thanks to all of you who hung with me through the ups and downs of this one!!

Love,

Kathy

I think just after the 1 year mark is perfect! I felt the same way and waited for that date to pass too :) And that's nice and soon. :thumbsup2 Time will fly, it really has for us and the PTR helps.

What a bummer that the trip had to be canceled. I do hope that you are able to get a getaway weekend somewhere near your birthday just to have a few days as a couple. :grouphug:

I am keeping my eyes peeled for that new adventure to begin and will gladly read along with all of the planning.

/
It is with Deep Regret....

Well, folks, the birthday trip is off. :sad1:

Yesterday, while watching one of our new WDW Secrets DVDs, the subject of our next family trip naturally came up. Ed began expressing concern about the fact that I'm planning for June of 2011 ("I thought we weren't going this year?!" "We can't afford to go!" etc, etc.) :rolleyes2

And even though we're technically NOT going THIS YEAR (2010), he began shooting down the Summer Vacation (6/11) plan and lobbying for the return of the Christmas Vacation (12/11) plan.

Blechh!

Again, I restated the reasons why I did not want to plan for a trip to WDW during Christmas Vacation... the crowds... the expense... the additional DVC points needed. And most importantly, the effect it would have on Billy because of his sensory issues, etc. Of course, I tactfully omitted the fact that I could not see myself waiting an additional six months when I was already in the throes of extreme WDW withdrawal, but, that was certainly in the back of my mind during the, ahem, little argument!

Although I haven't mentioned the weekend plans to Ed, he obviously knows that I've been dreaming about a birthday getaway... and he pretty much put the kabosh on that, too. We can't afford it, blah, blah, blah.... I may not be able to retire, blah, blah, blah.... You can't count on getting full-time hours, blah, blah, blah.

BLAH! BLAH! BLAH! :sick:

Well, I've decided that the best thing to do is to take one for the team... literally. I figure that even if I do somehow persuade Ed to go through with a couple's weekend, it will just be that much more difficult to persuade him to take the family to Disney next June.

And so, it was with much regret that I made the unhappy phone calls. Quietly I cancelled our resort and dining reservations, resolving that the money saved will enable us to take the family for a nice, long vacation next year.

*Sigh* "Next year" sounds so far away!! :sad2:

But, I take heart in the fact that in a little more than two weeks my countdown ticker will not include the word "year," we will be dealing with months and weeks.

Naturally, I'm very disappointed and I admit that tears were flowing freely as I was cancelling my ressies. But now that they have dried, I realize that the sacrifice will be worth it. I want Eddie, Tricia, and most importantly, my Billy to have the most magical Disney vacation ever.

disney-3-1.png

Thanks for reading along.... I'll see you over on the TR Board!

[thread=2329848]A Halloween Adventure in Autism![/thread]

Kathy

Remember 2012.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter