Swan/Dolphin or value?

Pdollar88

DIS Veteran
I’m going back and forth between keeping my reservation at AS Music (I enjoyed it in December) and switching to a Swan/Dolphin for September 7-12.

Through my employer, the difference would be about $400 for the trip, 5 days. That’s not counting any potential discounts that Disney releases.

Thoughts? I feel very spoiled after staying at YC a few weeks ago and would love to be in that area again. Or I could just save my money for flight/food!

Well the rooms are nicer at Swan/Dolphin and its walking distance to Epcot and Hollywood. Will you spend much time in the hotel? I have resort hopped thru Music and does seem nice but a bit boring (I guess the same could be said about Swan/Dolphin from the outside). Oh yes and Swan/Dolphin has a nicer pool and Shula's is one of my favorite restaurants.

Well the rooms are nicer at Swan/Dolphin and its walking distance to Epcot and Hollywood. Will you spend much time in the hotel? I have resort hopped thru Music and does seem nice but a bit boring (I guess the same could be said about Swan/Dolphin from the outside). Oh yes and Swan/Dolphin has a nicer pool and Shula's is one of my favorite restaurants.

I’m mainly in it for the location and nicer room (really location). I doubt I’ll be spending much time in the room, however, especially if it ends up being a solo trip.

I’ll probably keep internally debating for a bit.

Last edited:

I would jump on the upgrade to Swan/Dolphin. I am currently booked in a Value for October, but can't justify the $100 more per night for a moderate. Deluxe, yes.

I’m going back and forth between keeping my reservation at AS Music (I enjoyed it in December) and switching to a Swan/Dolphin for September 7-12.

Through my employer, the difference would be about $400 for the trip, 5 days. That’s not counting any potential discounts that Disney releases.

Thoughts? I feel very spoiled after staying at YC a few weeks ago and would love to be in that area again. Or I could just save my money for flight/food!

Definitely swan and dolphin! They are technically owned by Starwood hotels (swan=Westin, dolphin=sheraton) so you will get their trademark heavenly beds! The dolphin is HUGE so I would map out and see if you can find a preferred location. The swan is smaller but has fewer dining options on site. One thing to note, since they’re not owned by Disney I’m not sure if they use magic bands. You may need to juggle a traditional key card. They are on Disney property so you will still get access to extra magic hours and Disney park transportation. (No magical express from the airport though!)

My answer to this is ALWAYS swan and dolphin! I grew up staying there with my family (my parents are starwood members so it made the best financial sense) and it really feels like you’re getting deluxe accomidations for moderate (and sometimes even value) prices. The pool is much larger than some other hotels, and you’re walking distance to 2 parks- and location is one of the biggest factors when staying at disney. Less time for transportation = more time at the parks. Plus, nothing beats standing on your balcony and watching illuminations!

No question—the Swan or Dolphin is totally worth it.

Fantastic resort! You’ll love the location. The pool and its spas alone are worth the upgrade, but even the linens are a huge upgrade, not to mention it’s all inside one building or the other. Walk or boat to Epcot and the Studios. Bus transportation is the best. If you miss the Swan/Dolphin bus, you take the Boardwalk or Yacht/Beach Club bus.

I’m mainly in it for the location and nicer room (really location). I doubt I’ll be spending much time in the room, however, especially if it ends up being a solo trip.

I’ll probably keep internally debating for a bit.

Location? Easy - Swan/Dolphin can't be beat! Have fun!!! :)

S/D and here is why.
Location, location, location. As said you can walk or boat to/from Epcot or Studios, huge plus right there. Bus service from S/D even if they include Boardwalk was always great for us, rarely every full. If it is, you can always hop on the Yacht/Beach Club Bus and walk over the bridge.

Beds at S/D are great, the Heavenly beds really are a huge plus IMHO and the Heavenly Showers are just as good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter