Switching from verizion to T-Mobile

Band 12 is for T-Mobile's extended range LTE. Its supposed to have better coverage in buildings and better range.

FWIW, the phone I bought my wife came with all T-Mobile bands except for band 12. It still works fine on all the other bands and does everything she wants to do.

They certainly needed to do something- I had T-Mobile and couldn't get service inside my house, at work or at the mall.

They certainly needed to do something- I had T-Mobile and couldn't get service inside my house, at work or at the mall.

I feel your pain. If i'm lucky, I get one bar on my old Samsung inside my house. About half the time, I get no signal. If I want to use my phone, I have to go outside.

You won't use lose any of your iTunes stuff. It's all tied to your Apple ID, not to any particular device. That's the whole point of having a cloud-based service - the data is on Apple's servers, and you connect to it from your iPhone, iPad, Mac, PC, AppleTV, whatever.

If you change your carrier, or even if you get a brand new iPhone, it'll prompt you to enter your Apple ID, and all your stuff will be right there.

I had that problem when we were with AT&T. Now with T-mobile, I have great reception in my house. My parents house? Zilch.

I've been eating a lot of baskin Robbins lately thanks to T-Mobile. lol

Oh and the only reception issues we are are inside parking garages and in western Maryland.

My daughter kept her verizon phone for a while but it barely worked on the t mobile network. She got an iPhone from them and it works perfectly.

When we switched to T-Mobile, we had to get AT&T to unlock our phones. It wasn't a problem because our contract with them was up. We were able to use the same phones and just had to install new SIM cards. We pay $50 less per month for our four phones than we did with AT&T. The main advantage for us is the unlimited data. One of our boys routinely went over his data monthly data allotment which resulted in a charge of $10 per GB. Now we can use as much as we need.

We switched form Verizon to T-Mobile and used our old phones, they just had to be paid off and unlocked first. Unfortunately for us T-Mobile was crummy service. We were always experiencing connectivity issues and difficulty going online with our phones. If all we were doing is calling or texting then it would have been ok. But even calling sometimes was problematic, and we live in a city.

We switched form Verizon to T-Mobile and used our old phones, they just had to be paid off and unlocked first. Unfortunately for us T-Mobile was crummy service. We were always experiencing connectivity issues and difficulty going online with our phones. If all we were doing is calling or texting then it would have been ok. But even calling sometimes was problematic, and we live in a city.

Don't tell me that my phone is my life line

Calling
Texting
I use it to watch movies and tv
My alarm clock
I read
Search the web

I assume you don't live in the same house so I would make sure that you get coverage from t-mobile before you do anything with your phone. Living in the same area doesn't mean anything.
Check out t-mobiles website and see if they have a coverage map where you can put in an actual address.
My ds's friend has T-mobile, he lives close, within a couple miles but he gets no service in my subdivision. Verizon is the only carrier that works well here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter