TA booking tomorrow, Reshop in November?

KashasMom

DIS Veteran
I would like to book a cruise tomorrow through my TA. It's a holiday cruise so I don't expect the price to do anything but go up. I currently have no OBB but I'll be cruising in November. Can I reshop in November and use the OBB I get then? Is that a possibility in the first place...and if so, does it need to be done through my TA?

If it were a vanilla cruise that during a regular period, you might be able to save a little re-shopping. If it's an actual over the holiday cruise, I don't see that happening.

Give it a try or talk with your TA about your plans, they may have advice for you that we non-TA folks do not know about. :confused3 The 10% discount for using an OB placeholder may make a difference in your overall savings.

I would definitely plan to have your TA book tomorrow (or this week, whatever day it opens to you). Then when onboard in November, re-shop it but compare the figures carefully. The OBB will be off prevailing rates in November. If the cruise fare has increased enough, it could negate the OBB benefits. If re-shopping turns out to be the better deal, you can either name the TA then (if the TA booked your Nov cruise) or transfer the OBB to the TA after you get home and have the TA handle canceling the first (and swapping staterooms if that's important to you).

Enjoy your cruises!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter