Target Circle Offer- 20% off code tripadvisor things to do. Looks like it's applying to WDW tickets? STACK ME WITH CB SITE AND PP % Chase

After 10 days, I finally received a response from Rakuten. They asked for all the information I had already provided in my initial missing cash-back request. I reiterated everything and included screenshots of my confirmation from TripAdvisor and my cash-back confirmation email. Maybe in another 10 days, I'll hear back from them...

This is the message I got. I've been trying to get it to track since I realized it wasn't a couple of days after I made the initial purchase. The other two orders track the whole time and I am supposed to get a pay out on the next payout date.

"We do understand your frustration. Travel and car rental sites do take longer to process Cash Back than other sites on Rakuten. Most travel sites will not credit members accounts until the trip is complete. For this travel purchase, we cannot research your missing credit until 6 weeks after the end of the trip or rental, since this is the store’s allotted processing time. Thank you for your patience."

Looks to me like it's just another way to get me to forget to follow up.

I was surprised to see my Rakuten Cash Back on my account for this purchase. I as worried because the tracker of the Tripadvisor purchase was missing on my account. I did have all screenshots, etc. So I waited until after the travel was completed, which was 2 weeks ago and viola, the cash is there now!!

They initially told me it could take 6 weeks after travel, but came after about 10 days.

And it was 10% Cashback.

EDITED: Rakuten removed my cashback from my account.

Last edited:
.My cash back has disappeared. It had been tracking and now is gone. It didn't go out on my check this week. My trip was in January. This is so aggravating.

.My cash back has disappeared. It had been tracking and now is gone. It didn't go out on my check this week. My trip was in January. This is so aggravating.
Mine was just there a few days ago and now it disappeared.

I wonder if anyone got their cash back? It must be because we used the travel advisor/target coupon code.

Mine posted not long after I purchased 10/5. It never rolled off and the payment date for the cycle was 11/15. I would much rather deal with Rakuten than RetailMeNot. They require a lot more follow-up and their website is more cumbersome IMO.
For example I bought sports tickets on StubHub through Rakuten that's showing as Pending (which is fine - event hasn't happened yet) and also sports tickets from SeatGeek through RetailMeNot and the RMN cash back was originally pending then switched to ineligible due to spending $0 (which obviously was totally wrong) - and even though that event already passed they are still saying it could be 45 days to post. Which to me is really annoying and excessive. I have vowed that all things being equal I'm sticking with Rakuten to make my life easier if I have to follow-up.

Update: my topcashback payout from my 10/5 purchase for a 12/23 ticket (which I used) became payable two days ago. Just cashed it out for a gift card of almost $70.

Update: my topcashback payout from my 10/5 purchase for a 12/23 ticket (which I used) became payable two days ago. Just cashed it out for a gift card of almost $70.

Have pretty much the same stats. :) Also became payable 2 days ago, but I haven't used the tickets (changed the date to later this year).

My topcashback amount shows as payable at $0 several months after my ticket purchase. Tickets to be used in the coming weeks. I guess somehow they will know I have used them and then maybe an actual amount will show. Not my favorite process, to be sure.

My topcashback amount shows as payable at $0 several months after my ticket purchase. Tickets to be used in the coming weeks. I guess somehow they will know I have used them and then maybe an actual amount will show. Not my favorite process, to be sure.
Mine is also showing as 0. I'm hoping it will go to pending an amount after I use them later this month, but I'm not counting on it :/ Hopefully others will post here if theirs gave cash back after using the tickets despite having shown as 0.

Mine is also showing as 0. I'm hoping it will go to pending an amount after I use them later this month, but I'm not counting on it :/ Hopefully others will post here if theirs gave cash back after using the tickets despite having shown as 0.
For topcashback mine showed $0 until the month following my ticket date. I think I posted about it earlier in this thread? So it was showing as $0 for all of December (Dec 23rd ticket) and then when I checked in mid-January, it had switched to pending $.

Yes, I got my cashback after initially showing 0. Several days after the ticket date, new records appeared showing the right amount and pending. Then it took 7 weeks to go to payable and I have now cashed out.

TCB doesn't know that you've used the ticket, only what date you bought it for. I changed the date for mine and haven't used them yet.

Update: cash back for one of my 3 orders is now approved. BUT it won't be paid out until May 2024 😂. Don't know where the other 2 stand but will keep y'all posted.
Update #2 -

It's taken an inordinate amount of time and I was going to give up but my daughter pushed me to persist. I kept sending the information and they kept requesting additional information. So last Sunday I sent them all the additional information and never heard back. Last night I went back to the website and under the help section and missing cash I filled everything out and included 100% of the information they had requested. It took 24 hours but finally success. all 3 orders are listed as cash back in my account. Now I just have to wait until May for the pay out.

Update #2 -

It's taken an inordinate amount of time and I was going to give up but my daughter pushed me to persist. I kept sending the information and they kept requesting additional information. So last Sunday I sent them all the additional information and never heard back. Last night I went back to the website and under the help section and missing cash I filled everything out and included 100% of the information they had requested. It took 24 hours but finally success. all 3 orders are listed as cash back in my account. Now I just have to wait until May for the pay out.
I hope this works out for you. Beware, though, that I had a similar experience. I finally got my order approved, it showed in my cash back with a May payout (and I received an email from them stating it was approved and would be paid in May), but then it suddenly went back to $0. I reached out again and they said TripAdvisor declined it now and there was nothing they were willing to do for me any further.

I hope this works out for you. Beware, though, that I had a similar experience. I finally got my order approved, it showed in my cash back with a May payout (and I received an email from them stating it was approved and would be paid in May), but then it suddenly went back to $0. I reached out again and they said TripAdvisor declined it now and there was nothing they were willing to do for me any further.
This is so frustrating. No rhyme or reason to they way they handle things.

I had one purchase pay out with Rakuten. The other was there with a May pay date but it disappeared. I emailed them and they added it back. Fingers crossed it pays out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter