The Amazing Race starts tonight

They finished the race and came in 9th. He seemed really mad but I don't remember them saying anything about it? He punched the glass because he thought he was bleeding and wanted them to let him down faster. Idk, the whole thing was so weird

The guy who was crying about the height, you have watched the show before, right? There is always some crazy height tasks.

I still love Becca and Floyd

The guy that was crying said he had to do it because his partner was hurt during the detour. But I agree with you, watch the show and you know heights are involved at some point and not always on a roadblock.

Last night's was disappointing. When Shamir(?) was washing the windows did he lose it, and punch the glass in? Then, require medical attention, and get charged? Resulting in being disqualified?? I missed the ruling, and would like clarification.
not even close. He um, had issues with how the harness was fitting him, punched and broke the window, spent a considerable amount of time in the ambulance, took 4 more tries to finish the task and got to the mat second to last. No mention of a penalty

Has anyone ever been disqualified? Was Shamir the same man who was stressing out at the airport, when they were trying to get flights?

It seemed like the girl team never really had a chance to catch up from their flight, which is a bummer. Then again, they lost a lot of time looking for the bicycle girl, too. So, any penalty might not have mattered. It's also possible that they considered the ambulance time to be penalty time, as well, since it delayed the team. In any event, I heard more about Shamir's junk than I ever wanted to. Ever. In my entire life. I also think he was still in pain when he got to the mat--and possibly continues to be for the next few days--it's not like he can stop and rest.

As to the guy who was afraid of heights--I can relate, but this is why I could never do this show. There's always at least one height element, sometimes a few (rappelling, bungee jumping, etc.) It's a safe bet that there will also be something related to water/swimming. I do respect him for fighting through his fears, though.

They made light of it, but an injury like Shamir suffered is no joke, believe me. Not saying how I know.

On the other hand, he was being kind of a, uh, jerk about it. (There's a much more obvious joke there, but I had to leave it be to keep this board PG.)

It seemed like the girl team never really had a chance to catch up from their flight, which is a bummer. Then again, they lost a lot of time looking for the bicycle girl, too. So, any penalty might not have mattered. It's also possible that they considered the ambulance time to be penalty time, as well, since it delayed the team. In any event, I heard more about Shamir's junk than I ever wanted to. Ever. In my entire life. I also think he was still in pain when he got to the mat--and possibly continues to be for the next few days--it's not like he can stop and rest.

As to the guy who was afraid of heights--I can relate, but this is why I could never do this show. There's always at least one height element, sometimes a few (rappelling, bungee jumping, etc.) It's a safe bet that there will also be something related to water/swimming. I do respect him for fighting through his fears, though.

I actually know Scott! (the one who is afraid of heights). I'm a fellow recruiting manager at a competitor to his, but we see each other every few months at various meetings. I just saw him on Wednesday in fact and he obviously couldn't give anything away, but we'd all seen the preview for this week's episode so knew the panic attack was coming. He is an amazing guy, so I am obviously rooting for him!

I thought for sure that the team was going to get penalized for breaking the window, or the guy who did it would have to pay for it to be replaced. Maybe he did, but they never mentioned it at all which I thought was pretty strange.

Also, I get so tired of having at least one person every season who either has an extreme fear of heights or water, and act like it's a big surprise when they have to come face to face with said fear during a challenge. HELLO HAVE YOU NEVER WATCHED THE AMAZING RACE. You are 100% guaranteed to deal with heights and water as a contestant. I'm sure they intentionally cast people who have certain phobias just for the drama, but still. You should know what you're signing up for.

Last edited:

I was surprised that junk guy and partner didn't get a penalty, not because of the broken window, but because she sent the last team in the wrong direction to find the bike girl/clue. I'm pretty sure there is a rule against interfering and would think that would qualify.

I was surprised that junk guy and partner didn't get a penalty, not because of the broken window, but because she sent the last team in the wrong direction to find the bike girl/clue. I'm pretty sure there is a rule against interfering and would think that would qualify.

There doesn't seem to be, and I've never missed an episode of this show. There have been many instances over the years of teams sabotaging one another; misleading, making and breaking agreements, etc. The worst one I can remember was quite a few seasons ago - a team actually threw another team's backpacks out of a cab they had waiting and took off in it. In general I guess most players are there to run a fair race, but when you think about it, there are endless ways somebody could mess with the other teams if they had a mind to...:rolleyes1

I thought for sure that the team was going to get penalized for breaking the window, or the guy who did it would have to pay for it to be replaced.

One thing that bugs me about the way AR is edited is that they show precious little of what goes on outside of the race proper. They so rarely show the teams eating supper, or hanging out in their hotel, or wherever. They also never seem to show the after-effects of their shenanigans. I do remember a few seasons ago a guy had a beef with an African cab driver and wasn't going to pay him, then a couple of cops showed up...

Anyway, from the looks of things, it appears the building was abandoned or perhaps in the process of being remodeled, so maybe that window was going to be replaced anyway?

Way back when, I was a childbirth educator/doula/midwife and Jessie Shields' mother was one of my clients. I missed the show last night but I really hope she goes far!

You would think if your junk was in that much peril you would do everything possible to get the window clean the second time. ;)::yes::

Oh boo! Things did not go the way I wanted for Jessie! Oh well it was still incredible to see her on TV and on this show!

teams lie to each other all the time. Just part of the game

I remember a few years ago, a team messed around with equipment, like ice skates, ice shoes and hid them in a bucket so another team would not find them. Phil time penalized the team for sabotage.

I remember a few years ago, a team messed around with equipment, like ice skates, ice shoes and hid them in a bucket so another team would not find them. Phil time penalized the team for sabotage.

There's a difference between hiding an essential supply and telling a lie. No one forces you to listen to "the clue is over there" "the flight is full" "this task was really hard" etc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter