The Annual Pass thread - information and questions

Hi,

We bought Fantasy APs from CEM, brilliant offer and very easy to use. Thank you to DISboards for making us aware of that option! We have just arrived back from DLP and can confirm, as others have, that swapping the temporary tickets was no problem at all.

If you are driving, one thing I would be aware of though, is that on the first day when you arrive you have to pay the 15 Euros for parking and this is non-refundable, because you have not got an AP yet. I think this is very cheeky as that day is considered day 1 of the AP year. But anyway....

Looking to our future trips within this AP year, we are now thinking a Dream passport may have been better - do you know if it is possible to upgrade now? If so, where/how would we do that?

Many thanks,
Rachel

Hi,

We bought Fantasy APs from CEM, brilliant offer and very easy to use. Thank you to DISboards for making us aware of that option! We have just arrived back from DLP and can confirm, as others have, that swapping the temporary tickets was no problem at all.

If you are driving, one thing I would be aware of though, is that on the first day when you arrive you have to pay the 15 Euros for parking and this is non-refundable, because you have not got an AP yet. I think this is very cheeky as that day is considered day 1 of the AP year. But anyway....

Looking to our future trips within this AP year, we are now thinking a Dream passport may have been better - do you know if it is possible to upgrade now? If so, where/how would we do that?

Many thanks,
Rachel

You just upgrade at the AP office - you'll pay the difference between what you've already paid for your Fantasy pass, and the cost of the Dream Pass (currently 199 euros each). The expiry of the pass will remain the same as it is now.

Hiya

Sorry for not replying before, totally forgotten I'd asked the question lol!!

Thank you, that's great. As we did our original AP's through CEM, what 'value' would we have towards the Dream AP?

Rach x

Hello!

I was wondering if someone could just give me some advice regarding the annual pass at disneyland paris :)

I'm looking to buy the dream annual pass, but was just wondering how it works with certain aspects linked to holidaying in disneyland paris! I'm looking to go 2-3 times this year, once with my family, and once or twice with friends. Both times we will be staying in a hotel, likely newport or the disneyland hotel with family, and a cheaper one with friends. (Not sure if the hotel makes a difference to this question?)

What I'm wondering, is if, for example, my parents book the family holiday through a travel agent like usual, this usually includes the price for travel, hotel, meals at the hotel and of course the disney passes. Would they need to do something different, such as notify the travel agents that one pass would not be needed, but travel and hotel etc would still all be required? And would this likely reduce the price overall? As I'm not sure how this would work as it is a package holiday type thing :confused:

The same question goes for if I were to book a holiday for me and a friend, before I was looking at package holidays for around 4-5 days for two people, this included travel, hotel + park tickets and was actually very reasonable, but would I be unable to buy through official packages on the disney website or in a travel agent? As they include park tickets in the package, but I would already have these?

I know I probably sound very silly and am likely asking an enormously obvious question, but was just curious to what all of the annual pass holders experiences were with this type of thing!

Apologies for the very long and confusing post, hopefully you all understand what I mean :goodvibes And I'm very sorry if this issue has been raised before, I had a quick look on the forums, and saw something about simply requesting an extra person upon check in at the hotel, but found the process a little confusing!

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me on the subject :)

Hello!

I was wondering if someone could just give me some advice regarding the annual pass at disneyland paris :)

I'm looking to buy the dream annual pass, but was just wondering how it works with certain aspects linked to holidaying in disneyland paris! I'm looking to go 2-3 times this year, once with my family, and once or twice with friends. Both times we will be staying in a hotel, likely newport or the disneyland hotel with family, and a cheaper one with friends. (Not sure if the hotel makes a difference to this question?)

What I'm wondering, is if, for example, my parents book the family holiday through a travel agent like usual, this usually includes the price for travel, hotel, meals at the hotel and of course the disney passes. Would they need to do something different, such as notify the travel agents that one pass would not be needed, but travel and hotel etc would still all be required? And would this likely reduce the price overall? As I'm not sure how this would work as it is a package holiday type thing :confused:

The same question goes for if I were to book a holiday for me and a friend, before I was looking at package holidays for around 4-5 days for two people, this included travel, hotel + park tickets and was actually very reasonable, but would I be unable to buy through official packages on the disney website or in a travel agent? As they include park tickets in the package, but I would already have these?

I know I probably sound very silly and am likely asking an enormously obvious question, but was just curious to what all of the annual pass holders experiences were with this type of thing!

Apologies for the very long and confusing post, hopefully you all understand what I mean :goodvibes And I'm very sorry if this issue has been raised before, I had a quick look on the forums, and saw something about simply requesting an extra person upon check in at the hotel, but found the process a little confusing!

Your parents or friends can book a room (package deal). You can then call Disney or your hotel that an extra person with an annual pass will be staying in the room as well. When you get to the hotel, you have to pay a tourist tax (about 1 euro 10 I think). You are also included in breakfast, so this is very cheap!
Mind you, this is only valid in the disney hotels, I don't think it works in the partner hotels.

Hiya

Sorry for not replying before, totally forgotten I'd asked the question lol!!

Thank you, that's great. As we did our original AP's through CEM, what 'value' would we have towards the Dream AP?

Rach x

is there a price printed on your current AP anywhere? If not, it would be a difference of (199 -159 euros) 40 euros per person to upgrade from the Fantasy to the Dream pass.

Hello!

if you're buying an annul pass it makes no sense to then do a package holiday including travel, hotel, breakfast and park pass. Incidentally, even for the rest of your family/friends, its probably going to be cheaper if they book the travel direct themselves, and separate from the hotel/breakfast/park tickets deals.

tinian is right, you as an AP holder can be added to an existing room booking on check-in at the onsite hotels at DLP, and you only have to pay local taxes (as long as, once you are added to the room, you don't go over the maximum occupancy of the room - usually 4 guests per room aged 3 or over). This does not apply to offsite hotels. You would have to be on the booking from the start to be able to stay there with your friends - but the offsite hotels are easily bookable (not through Disney) without park tickets anyway.

Your parents or friends can book a room (package deal). You can then call Disney or your hotel that an extra person with an annual pass will be staying in the room as well. When you get to the hotel, you have to pay a tourist tax (about 1 euro 10 I think). You are also included in breakfast, so this is very cheap!
Mind you, this is only valid in the disney hotels, I don't think it works in the partner hotels.

Ah right thanks for this! :)
In that situation would you need to contact Disney around the same time you book, or would it be closer to when you will actually be leaving for the holiday?

Sorry for all of the questions but just one more, you said that the breakfast is included with the tourist tax, does anything apply if you've ordered a package deal which comes with half board? As this is what we did last month and that gave us breakfast and dinner in the newport hotel every night. Would I need to do something different to get dinner with a AP?

Thanks again for the help :goodvibes

Ah right thanks for this! :)
In that situation would you need to contact Disney around the same time you book, or would it be closer to when you will actually be leaving for the holiday?

Sorry for all of the questions but just one more, you said that the breakfast is included with the tourist tax, does anything apply if you've ordered a package deal which comes with half board? As this is what we did last month and that gave us breakfast and dinner in the newport hotel every night. Would I need to do something different to get dinner with a AP?

Thanks again for the help :goodvibes

there is no saving to be had with half board if you have an AP - as you get 10% straight discount on all table, buffet, and counter service meals at participating restaurants at DLP with your AP.

You can no longer use a Dream Annual Pass in McDonalds. The free orange juice doesn't work in Inventions either. We had great difficulty getting our free juices in Auburge the waiter kept insisting we did not need them as the children get 1 free drink with their meal and we got a free cocktail. We always end up buying an additional drink each though so insisted he gave us the free juices to save some money. We only got a small can though the size that comes with childrens meals in counter service restaurants not a full glass like we did in September.

It isn't a given you get free drink and only certain restaurants give them. At their discretion too. Especially if the meal already includes a free drink.

It isn't a given you get free drink and only certain restaurants give them. At their discretion too. Especially if the meal already includes a free drink.

It specifically lists this as a benefit on dlrpmagid and does not mention it's at the waiters discretion. Having a drunk included in the price doesn't make it a free drink and inventions do not include a drink in the price for either adults or children.

the description of the free orange juice for the Dream AP holder is "Free apéritif at Table Service restaurants" so you should have got one at Auberge, but not at Inventions.

Im back with another icky question!
So I'm going to order my next AP via post as I won't be there in time to renew in person. Do I have to renew to the same pass?
I have a Dream pass currently but perhaps a Francillian would do.
I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of info on blockout dates for the coming 12 months if its up anywhere. Thanks in advance.
Kiz
x

Im back with another icky question!
So I'm going to order my next AP via post as I won't be there in time to renew in person. Do I have to renew to the same pass?
I have a Dream pass currently but perhaps a Francillian would do.
I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of info on blockout dates for the coming 12 months if its up anywhere. Thanks in advance.
Kiz
x

francilien blockout dates are as follows from the French version of the DLP site -

Jan. 1, 7, 14, 21, 28
Feb. 4, 15 and 16
March: 11, 22, 23, 29 and 30
April: 5, 20 and 21
May: 2, 3, 9, 10, 13, 20, 30 and 31
June: 8, 14, 17, 21, 22, 28 and 29
July: from 4 to 8 and 10
August: 23 and 30
September: 2, 9, 16, 20, 21, 23, 27 and 28
October: 7, 14, 25 to 31
November: 1, 2, 8, 9, 15 , 18, ​​25 and 29
December: 6, 7, 13, 14, 20, 21, 27 to 31
in 2015
January 1, 6, 13, 20 and 27
February: 3
March: 21, 22, 28 and 29

you can certainly renew and downgrade from a Dream AP to a Fantasy and get the 6 months free on renewal because I've done it :). I don't know about the Francilien though, might be worth another email to guest services to find out?

DLPdaft said:
francilien blockout dates are as follows from the French version of the DLP site -

Jan. 1, 7, 14, 21, 28
Feb. 4, 15 and 16
March: 11, 22, 23, 29 and 30
April: 5, 20 and 21
May: 2, 3, 9, 10, 13, 20, 30 and 31
June: 8, 14, 17, 21, 22, 28 and 29
July: from 4 to 8 and 10
August: 23 and 30
September: 2, 9, 16, 20, 21, 23, 27 and 28
October: 7, 14, 25 to 31
November: 1, 2, 8, 9, 15 , 18, ​​25 and 29
December: 6, 7, 13, 14, 20, 21, 27 to 31
in 2015
January 1, 6, 13, 20 and 27
February: 3
March: 21, 22, 28 and 29

you can certainly renew and downgrade from a Dream AP to a Fantasy and get the 6 months free on renewal because I've done it :). I don't know about the Francilien though, might be worth another email to guest services to find out?

Thanks so much for all the info. I'm going to send off an email tomorrow. Thanks again, I really appreciate it.

Does anyone know if cemultivantages have permanently stopped the annual pasd offers to those outside UK? If we have to renew all 4 at the park it will be very expensive for us :(

The Fantasy and Dream passes are still listed there....... ?! Are they stopping the order when it gets to putting in delivery details or something?!

C x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter