The attraction you used to love, but is now just eh.

I agree with OP -- the Indiana Jones Stunt Show is really tired. Especially the crowd gimmick before the show begins with the floral shirt cast member. Definitely time to refresh that skit.

I feel so conflicted about this show -- I also feel the fatigue and will often skip it if I don't go with anyone new, but I love the action scenes and Indiana Jones in general. It's just all that tomfoolery with the audience members that is a total beating. If you just did the action scenes back to back to back, I'd go every time.

I think someone else said it best -- lots of stuff is a bit old, but I'll walk on anything if there is no wait. I kind of have a completionist attitude and I still love doing all the rides for the nostalgia.

Jungle Cruise has had some amazing skippers so I agree with that, but I can't get behind the old defunct GMR -- maybe I just started going too late after its conception, because I never went once where my CM had more personality than a piece of cardboard.

And someone way earlier mentioned extra magic evening hours and riding Living with the Land by themselves ... that was supposed to be a negative and I thought that would be the coolest thing ever!!

And someone way earlier mentioned extra magic evening hours and riding Living with the Land by themselves ... that was supposed to be a negative and I thought that would be the coolest thing ever!!

I agree with this. LWTL is one of my favorite Epcot rides. I think part of it is nostalgia and part of it is just that it is so dang relaxing for me. Doing it alone...in the dark? (that's what she said) That just sounds amazing. So amazing, I may have to try it this next trip.

I feel so conflicted about this show -- I also feel the fatigue and will often skip it if I don't go with anyone new, but I love the action scenes and Indiana Jones in general. It's just all that tomfoolery with the audience members that is a total beating. If you just did the action scenes back to back to back, I'd go every time.
One thing we've experienced with the show a couple of times in recent years is equipment not working properly causing them to have to cut out sections of the performance. I don't think things have been well-maintained. One time, they couldn't get one of the main set pieces to move off stage so they eliminated a significant portion of the show.

I'd love to see them give it a full rehab and maybe bring in some new bits and stunts to freshen it up.

One thing we've experienced with the show a couple of times in recent years is equipment not working properly causing them to have to cut out sections of the performance. I don't think things have been well-maintained. One time, they couldn't get one of the main set pieces to move off stage so they eliminated a significant portion of the show.

I'd love to see them give it a full rehab and maybe bring in some new bits and stunts to freshen it up.
Yeah, it'll probably get junked before that happens unfortunately. It's a bit odd that in the growing trend of Disney rehabs that they are still doing the exact same action scenes from the Raiders of the Lost Ark! Not that this isn't a movie that people still watch and know about, but everything else gets Nemo or Jack Sparrow or Guardians of the Galaxy slapped on it for relevance ... odd that this one has held up against the winds of change. Probably because it's just way too expensive to replace huge sequences of this show.

Definitely Test Track. I used to love it so so so much as a child, but returning as an adult to the update they did I honestly just hated it. I remember really loving the queue itself, that factory kind of setting. I usually skip it now. That's really it on my list though

Edit: I lied. Buzz Lightyear also. It was my FAVORITE ride as a kid, and I would demand to go on it again and again and again. I still go on it now if I can find a last minute FP or if the line is short, but meh. The queue is smelly and needs updating, the ride itself could use some updating, and half the time the lasers don't even work properly.

Last edited:
I remember how driving a car was amazing for the first time(s,) too.

Humans tire of things easily with repetition.
Truly unfortunate.
Once wowed we need ever increasing spectacular experiences to wow us again.

Which is why id say wait to do cirque de soleil until farther down the line. Otherwise the lion king show will seem pedestrian.

That would be Buzz for us. Our first couple of trips, Buzz along with Splash were our favorite rides. Now, Buzz just makes me a little sad. I think it’s the laser gun that just you just can’t really tell where you are shooting... and for us, F! Wasn’t as good either- and that was a highlight of our first trip.

That would be Buzz for us. Our first couple of trips, Buzz along with Splash were our favorite rides. Now, Buzz just makes me a little sad. I think it’s the laser gun that just you just can’t really tell where you are shooting... and for us, F! Wasn’t as good either- and that was a highlight of our first trip.

We used to never skip buzz.

Now we haven't ridden it in the last 4 trips.

I don't care at all if I ride Test Track...it just doesn't do anything for me anymore. I enjoy the last part when it's going around the track but that's really it.

I don't care at all if I ride Test Track...it just doesn't do anything for me anymore. I enjoy the last part when it's going around the track but that's really it.
One of numerous examples of Disney destroying a great attraction by doing a "rehab".

Definitely Test Track. I used to love it so so so much as a child, but returning as an adult to the update they did I honestly just hated it. I remember really loving the queue itself, that factory kind of setting. I usually skip it now. That's really it on my list though

Edit: I lied. Buzz Lightyear also. It was my FAVORITE ride as a kid, and I would demand to go on it again and again and again. I still go on it now if I can find a last minute FP or if the line is short, but meh. The queue is smelly and needs updating, the ride itself could use some updating, and half the time the lasers don't even work properly.
It's even worse when you've done the one over in DL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter