The BALD and the BEAUTIFUL take a road trip to see THE mouse **FINISHED**

Have you seen Emporer's New Groove? There's a scene in it where the villianess turns into a little white kitten and says in a high pitched, shrill voice, "I"m going to keeeeeeeeeeeell you!" (kill you). Once when DDC was about 2 or 3 yrs old she was at the doctors office and I turned around and she had M&M's lined up on the seat of a chair and she was pointing to each one and saying in a high pitched shrill voice (softly though BUT STILL).. "I'm going to keeeeeeeeeeeeeeell you!"

None of the other patients could know, of course, that this was from a Disney movie! I'm sure they all thought we should be committed.

That is very funny. Kids can make or break you, but when they are that cute you know it's worth it.

Also, Reyasmommy thanks for a great trip report. I am loving it!

I just started your trip report. I can't wait to read more. :cheer2: I have never been to DL so this will be fun for me.

Peggy

Hi! I'm back and catching up on everyone's TRs. Oh, and I'll have you know I am actually thinking of reading that Twilight book. Maybe..... We'll see..... But if I do and I'm hooked, I'm blaming you!! haha!

Hello Everyone!!

Sorry, I’ve been away for awhile. I received my mothers ashes a few days ago, and have been going through the grieving process all over again in a way. So I thought I’d better finish up my trip report to keep my mind off of some things for awhile, so here ya go………

Reya wanted to take 1 more spin on the Chew-Chew train, and how can I say “NO” to this face?!?!

Roadtrip150-1.jpg

Alyssa and Lori rode Tuck and Rolls buggies next. Unfortunately Logan and Reya were too small to ride so we just stood back and watched.

2008tripcanon445.jpg

2008tripcanon447.jpg

The only ride left that we wanted to see at DCA was California Screamin’, so we made one last visit.

Roadtrip204.jpg

Well, at this time we decided that it was time to say “goodbye” to DCA ! It’s always so depressing, but I’m looking forward to coming back in the future and seeing all the great changes they have in store.

:sad:

Lori’s feet were aching because she decided to wear the wrong shoes that day, so she needed to find some new ones in a gift shop on the way out. DH, DD, and I wanted to ride POTC one last time so we walked ahead of them and told them we’d meet up afterwards.

There was barely anybody in line so we walked right on..... However the crowds were definitely much larger then anything we had experienced since being on this trip. It was a friday so I wasn't surprised.

We shared the boat with several people, which had included an annoying couple sitting right behind us. The husband decided that he needed to take tons of pictures so his stupid flash went off the entire ride.. It took everything in my willpower not to turn around and throw him overboard.

piratesofthecaribbean01.jpg

After we got off the ride I was really starting to feel sick and didn’t think I was going to be able to continue on. :sick: I decided that I would try to tough it out for as long as I could, because I didn’t want to ruin anyone else’s time, especially cause it was our last night.:sad2:

Will and I wanted to ride Indy one last time, so CHAD and Lori stayed behind with Reya. ((BTW, not a great ride when you’re feeling sick)) The line was 25mins long, so we decided to use our DREAM FAST PASSES for the very first time!!! That was the one and only time we needed it.

indianajones6.jpg

After riding INDY I was contemplating whether or not I should go back to the hotel. I told everyone else they could stay, but they begged me to stay with them, so I said I would for as long as I could. On top of being sick I was really depressed because I KNEW I would NOT be able to tough it out for 4 hours, which is when the fireworks would be starting. I had been looking forward to the fireworks more then anything else.

Since I wasn’t feeling well I told the rest to go ride BTMR while I stayed behind with the kids.

btmrr.gif

To be continued …………………….​

We've missed you! Hope you're doing alright.

Adorable photo of Reya!

Where was that big thunder photo taken from?

Welcome back. Sorry things have been rough for ya all over again. :hug:

Great update. Amazing pics as always. :)

What a bummer that you were not feeling well. :(

Your picture of Indy was REALLY awesome. Another unique shot that I have not seen before. I also loved the outside pic of PotC. Brings back memories of before there were those bridges out front.

I'm sorry to hear that you've been feeling down recently. I wish you well in the days to come. :hug:

:hug: for you about your mom. My friend had the same reaction when her dad's ashes arrived, it was like losing him all over again. :sad1:

And what a trouper you are for sticking it out when you weren't feeling well. Hate to see a magical trip end... :)

Hi again,

I was reading The Host today and crying my eyes out. I keep thinking about you and I Hope you're doing well. :hug:

Hello Everyone!! WOW, can't believe I haven't been on for 3 weeks, I have a lot of catching up to do. I need to find my TR notes and finish up I guess. ;) Things are still a little tough around here, but I'm doing better, thanks for not forgetting about me.

:grouphug:

Hi again,

I was reading The Host today and crying my eyes out. I keep thinking about you and I Hope you're doing well. :hug:

Ahhhhh!!! :hug: Are you loving the book, have you finished?!?!
Your trip report is so making me miss Disneyland.

I'm also a Edward Fan. Can't wait for the movie to come out.

You gotta love Edward!! I'm excited too, it's going to be an amazing girls night out on the 21st.

A couple of days ago they had an autograph signing at a local mall here, Jacob, Victoria, and Laurent where there. Didn't make it though.... If Edward had been there I would have been first in line for sure! :lovestruc

Oh man, how rotten to be feeling ill on vacation. :sad2:

It was the pits....I guess I should be thankful it was the last day.

:hug: for you about your mom. My friend had the same reaction when her dad's ashes arrived, it was like losing him all over again. :sad1:

And what a trouper you are for sticking it out when you weren't feeling well. Hate to see a magical trip end... :)

:hug: Thanks!!! I'll try to finish it up soon!

Welcome back. Sorry things have been rough for ya all over again. :hug:

Great update. Amazing pics as always. :)

Thank you :hug:

Yea, you're back!

Yep, I finished the Host right up! I didn't like the begining but I kept listening to your voice (it gets good, it gets good) and I powered through and then BLAMO! I was laughing and crying and all kinds of fun.

My favorite part was when the guys were bringing back the granola bars and they each had some for her (reminded me of Twilight).

And also when Ian says, to Jacob, "Tell Jared he's shameless" after the new sleeping arrangements have been tossed around.

I don't know if you remember those parts but I don't wanna give out any other details due to spoilers. OMG I loved that book!

I'm over on the Twilight thread now. COUNTDOWN IS ON!!!!!!

I'm still here too & all caught up.
Hope you are doing ok.:hug:
I love your pictures of Reya.
Hope you have the energy & desire to finish this up.

I was wondering, how was Reya's Halloween? Her little costume was so cute. Was it very cold after all? Did she have fun trick or treating? :)

I'm still here too & all caught up.
Hope you are doing ok.:hug:
I love your pictures of Reya.
Hope you have the energy & desire to finish this up.

:hug:

Thank you!!

I'll try to wrap things up soon....I can't find my notes so I think I'll have to do everything by memory. which is hard, I can barely remember what happened yesterday. ;)

I was wondering, how was Reya's Halloween? Her little costume was so cute. Was it very cold after all? Did she have fun trick or treating? :)

OMG! She had soooooo much fun, and she was soooo cute! I'll post a few pictures. She was absolutely amazed that you can walk up to peoples doors and they give you candy. LOL! The first couple of houses she didn't understand and tried walking into peoples homes. Also it was the most beautiful night ever! Couldn't believe it, it almost always snows here on Halloween, but it was PERFECT!! Didn't even need a jacket. And of course I thought of you when we were trick-or-treating.

Yea, you're back!

Yep, I finished the Host right up! I didn't like the begining but I kept listening to your voice (it gets good, it gets good) and I powered through and then BLAMO! I was laughing and crying and all kinds of fun.

My favorite part was when the guys were bringing back the granola bars and they each had some for her (reminded me of Twilight).

And also when Ian says, to Jacob, "Tell Jared he's shameless" after the new sleeping arrangements have been tossed around.

I don't know if you remember those parts but I don't wanna give out any other details due to spoilers. OMG I loved that book!

I'm over on the Twilight thread now. COUNTDOWN IS ON!!!!!!

I am soooo in love with Ian and Edward.... I'd like an Ian and Edward sandwich please?!? :worship:

I'm really glad you liked the host! We need to talk after we see the Twilight movie, I'm hoping so bad it doesn't suck. My BFF sent me an email today that they are already planning the sequels to New Moon and Eclipse. :woohoo:

((When I left you all, I explained that the rest of the adults went to ride BTMR while I stayed with the kiddos))

The kids were being so cute playing with each other. I just sat watching them and relaxed in front of a lovely air vent. I also sat and talked to a lovely lady for about 20 minutes. I love meeting new people when I’m at Disney.

Roadtrip110.jpg

Roadtrip115.jpg

Roadtrip111.jpg

Roadtrip117-2.jpg

After the others were finished we headed over to the Matterhorn. On the way I had to take some pictures of these awesome pumpkins.

Roadtrip124-2.jpg

2008tripcanon462.jpg

2008tripcanon467.jpg

2008tripcanon464.jpg

2008tripcanon469.jpg

The Matterhorn was a MUST for the boys so we were delighted to see there was only a 10 minute wait. When they came back Lori talked me into riding it….. I was shocked to see that Reya was tall enough to ride so we took both her and Alyssa. Unfortunately I can’t say I was a big fan. :confused3 I’m really glad that I rode it, just to say that I had but it was really jerky and uncomfortable:scared1: I had to hold onto Reya really tight so she didn’t slam her little head into the side of the car. She loved it so much that Will took her back on.

matterhorn01.jpg

After their 2nd ride DH and DB took the girls to ride Autopia.

Lori and I waited under a nice shaded tree with Logan. ((This is when I saw Teri Hatcher walk by))

Unfortunately at this time I decided that I just couldn't take any more excitement, I was feeling miserable and needed to go back to the room. I begged everyone to stay, because I didn't want to ruin their time, but they decided to come back to the hotel with me. :sad: We all missed out on the fireworks and that's my biggest regret of the whole trip.

The rest of the night we just relaxed in our rooms and ordered some pizza.

~~Well, that is pretty much it for the Disney portion of my trip. I'm so sorry it took me so long to finish it up. I'm going to go ahead and add the other days of our trip for those of you who are interested. Please know that I won't put as much effort and detail into it since it's not Disney related, but I still wanted to share!

Reading my TR is sure making me miss Disney like crazy! I'll be back soon with the rest of my trip, I hope you all stick around even though it's not Disney related. :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter