• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Broadway show thread where we discuss all things Broadway

It was a great show, I enjoyed it so much.
I have been lucky enough to have seen several of these talented people sing live through the years.
Whether on stage, at EPCOT or on Disney Cruise Line. :love:
I didn't care for the silly Sing A Long on Thursday, but the Broadway show last night was glorious!! I could listen to Ashley Brown sing 24/7. We have seen her live twice, in her very first show On The Record and as Mary Poppins. We have seen a few others too, at various times. Adam Pascal I have been lucky enough to see 3 times, but I gotta say his Beauty and the Beast was a little weird for me.

I didn't care for the silly Sing A Long on Thursday, but the Broadway show last night was glorious!! I could listen to Ashley Brown sing 24/7. We have seen her live twice, in her very first show On The Record and as Mary Poppins. We have seen a few others too, at various times. Adam Pascal I have been lucky enough to see 3 times, but I gotta say his Beauty and the Beast was a little weird for me.

Love Adam ! One of the nicest guys too ! ( a few years ago w DD) 488924

A coincidental tidbit that I noticed about the Broadway 25th concert was that there were three Shakespeares (two of whom my wife and I have seen perform the role live).

Christian Borle (the original, and the one we haven't seen)
Adam Pascal (who we saw in the National Tour production)
Adam Jacobs (who we saw in a local production)

A coincidental tidbit that I noticed about the Broadway 25th concert was that there were three Shakespeares (two of whom my wife and I have seen perform the role live).

Christian Borle (the original, and the one we haven't seen)
Adam Pascal (who we saw in the National Tour production)
Adam Jacobs (who we saw in a local production)
Jacobs played Shakespeare? Interesting! Would have loved to have seen Borle, we also saw Pascal. Saw Jacobs play Aladdin.

Yeah, it was their joint concert. It was amazing. It was dd's college grad gift, front row center, and meet and greet. Heavenly.

Sweet ! I was watching "Rent" (movie) the other day - (don't care what anyone else says ... I love it ! Lol

DD ( now 13) comes over and asks what I am watching -

Try to explain what "Rent" is about to a teen !! (Although the story about Larson did get to her a bit)

Couldn't even impress her with my "no day but today" tattoo !

Sweet ! I was watching "Rent" (movie) the other day - (don't care what anyone else says ... I love it ! Lol

DD ( now 13) comes over and asks what I am watching -

Try to explain what "Rent" is about to a teen !! (Although the story about Larson did get to her a bit)

Couldn't even impress her with my "no day but today" tattoo !
Love the movie too. Loved seeing Adam and Anthony in the tour also. I have a hard time seeing anyone else playing Roger.

Tony Nominee, Nick Cordero had his leg amputated tonight due to complications from Coronavirus. :(

https://apnews.com/627c561c83b01c1035cf5c52bee6aa4d
The wife of Tony Award-nominated actor Nick Cordero, who specialized in playing tough guys on Broadway, says her husband will have to have his right leg amputated after suffering complications from the coronavirus.

Amanda Koots on Instagram said Saturday that Cordero had been treated with blood thinners to help with clotting in his leg, but his doctors had to stop the treatment because it was causing internal bleeding.

“We took him off blood thinners but that again was going to cause some clotting in the right leg, so the right leg will be amputated today,” she said.

Cordero entered the intensive case unit at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles on March 31 and has been on a ventilator and unconscious after contracting COVID-19.

His wife has been sending him daily videos of her and their 10-month-old son, Elvis, so he could see them when we woke up, and urging friends and fans to join a daily sing-a-long.

Cordero played a mob soldier with a flair for the dramatic in 2014 in Broadway’s Woody Allen 1994 film adaptation of “Bullets Over Broadway,” for which he received a Tony nomination for best featured actor in a musical.

The lanky Cordero originated the menacing role of husband Earl opposite his estranged wife, played by Jessie Mueller, in “Waitress” on Broadway, as well as the role of Sonny in Chazz Palminteri’s “A Bronx Tale.”

On the small screen, Cordero appeared in several episodes of “Blue Bloods” and “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit” as well as “Lilyhammer” and he had a role in the film “Going in Style.”

The virus has sickened other Broadway veterans, including the actors Danny Burstein, Brian Stokes Mitchell, Gavin Creel, Aaron Tveit and Laura Bell Bundy as well as composer David Bryan. It has also claimed the life of Tony-winning playwright Terrence McNally.

The sold-out, one-night-only benefit of, "Disney on Broadway, Celebrating 25 Magical Years," from last November, will be streamed at 7 p.m. ET on Monday, April 13, to raise money for Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS' COVID-19 Emergency Assistance Fund.

You can watch the stream on ABC7NY.com and the websites of the ABC Owned Television Stations around the country. It will also be available on broadwaycares.org, youtube.com/BCEFA, facebook.com/BCEFA and Playbill.com.

Ryan McCartan of Broadway's "Frozen" will host the live stream from his family's basement. Throughout the evening, McCartan will remotely interview Disney on Broadway stars from their homes.

Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS' COVID-19 Emergency Assistance Fund, which is being administered by The Actors Fund, is helping those onstage, backstage and behind the scenes impacted by the coronavirus pandemic. As theaters remain dark, entertainment professionals are facing unprecedented health and financial challenges requiring immediate attention and support. More than 20 Broadway producers have offered a $1 million challenge and are matching every new donation to the fund dollar-for-dollar.

Donations can be made at broadwaycares.org/help2020.

The streamed show will feature performances by Jelani Alladin (Hercules), Sierra Boggess (The Little Mermaid, School of Rock - The Musical), Christian Borle (Little Shop of Horrors, Mary Poppins), Ashley Brown (Mary Poppins), Kerry Butler (Beetlejuice, Beauty and the Beast), Lauryn Ciardullo (Aladdin), Gavin Creel (Hello, Dolly!, Waitress), Merle Dandridge (Tarzan, Aida), Lindiwe Dlamini (The Lion King), Bongi Duma (The Lion King), Susan Egan (Beauty and the Beast), Andrew Barth Feldman (Dear Evan Hansen), Bradley Gibson (The Lion King), Whoopi Goldberg (TV's The View), Mandy Gonzalez (Hamilton, Aida), April Holloway (Aladdin), James Monroe Iglehart (Aladdin, Hamilton), Adam Jacobs (Aladdin), Ramona Keller (Hercules), Nina LaFarga (Frozen), Tamika Lawrence (Hercules, Come From Away), Norm Lewis (Once on This Island, The Little Mermaid), Kara Lindsay (Newsies, Beautiful - The Carole King Musical), Tshidi Manye (The Lion King), Sbusiso Ngema (The Lion King), Ashley Park (Mean Girls, Grand Horizons),

Adam Pascal (Rent), Krysta Rodriguez (Hercules), Michael James Scott (Aladdin), Sherie Rene Scott (The Little Mermaid), Kissy Simmons (The Lion King), Josh Strickland (Tarzan), Katie Terza (Aladdin), Marisha Wallace (Aladdin, Something Rotten!), Rema Webb (Hercules, The Lion King), Alton Fitzgerald White (The Lion King) and Syndee Winters (Hamilton, The Lion King).

The show also includes a much-anticipated, high-energy reunion of 18 Newsies from the show's Broadway and national touring productions, and a moving performance from Broadway Inspirational Voices.

"The event from last November was such an unforgettable evening of Disney on Broadway magic," Broadway Cares Executive Director Tom Viola said. "We are so grateful to all our friends at Disney Theatrical Productions for generously joining us in sharing this evening again, supporting our entertainment industry friends and colleagues who are out of work and facing serious health and personal challenges due to this devastating coronavirus pandemic."

Link: https://abc7ny.com/disney-theatrical-on-broadway-all-star-lineup-performances/6074959/

I think I might have found a link to the full show of the, "Disney on Broadway, Celebrating 25 Magical Years." It's 2 hrs, 43 min, so it had better be!

BTW, if you are viewing it on Firefox, there are YouTube add-ons/plug-ins so you can download a copy to your computer, for personal use only. So, you can view the video later, as you want. Do an add-on search for YouTube video downloader. (Disclaimer: Don't send copies to others or upload them on social media. That's not personal use. Yada. Disclaimer over.) Chrome does not have these plug-ins as Chrome is owned by Google, which also owns YouTube.

Last edited:
So i watched the 25th Disney on Broadway special. In true me fashion, I grabbed a drink and judged. My poor husband!!! Some of it was a hot mess. I did enjoy most of the Hercules numbers. It was nice to see Norm Lewis too.

This weekend's Andrew Lloyd Webber free show is a sequel to, The Phantom of The Opera. I never knew there was such a show. :confused3 It's called, Love Never Dies, and stars Ben Lewis as The Phantom and Anna O'Byrne as Christine.

Starts at 2pm ET / 11am PT for 48 hours. (Again, if you install a YouTube add-on/plug in for downloading YouTube videos, you can keep it on your computer, for personal viewing, to watch later. I still haven't gotten around to watching last week's Phantom yet.)

This weekend's Andrew Lloyd Webber free show is a sequel to, The Phantom of The Opera. I never knew there was such a show. :confused3 It's called, Love Never Dies, and stars Ben Lewis as The Phantom and Anna O'Byrne as Christine.

Starts at 2pm ET / 11am PT for 48 hours. (Again, if you install a YouTube add-on/plug in for downloading YouTube videos, you can keep it on your computer, for personal viewing, to watch later. I still haven't gotten around to watching last week's Phantom yet.)

I have seen the show and did not care for it at all.
Denise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter