The could we?? should we?? PTR **12/9 **Home from WDW**

We originally went to DW knowing it was our one and only trip there....that was 5 trips ago.:thumbsup2

Maybe I should have had your kids give mine a pep talk about the parents going to dw without them.....:rolleyes:

First of all, I want to say WELCOME to everyone who has already come to visit us... We hope this PTR will keep you entertained... I think it is time to dive in and discuss the preliminary details...

This trip is being planned around a birthday... Toni's birthday....

:cool1::yay::banana::woohoo:Toni's 30th birthday!! :woohoo::banana::yay::cool1:

After trying to figure out what to do to make this birthday very memorable, and we kept coming back to Disney... We went to Disneyland for our honeymoon alone and it was a wonderful time... Her birthday is December 1st... We have both dreamed of walking into the Magic Kingdom when the Christmas lights are on, and the deco is all set up with the wreaths and garland...

Here are the tentative plans :

November 26th to December 7th
Pop Century Preferred Room
10 Day Park Hopper
Disney Dining Plan (crossing fingers for free dining to be released!)
Magical Express
Using Disney Transportation while we are there
Airfare details to come

Of course, if you know us from last trip, this will change a few times.... Stay tuned for any updates...

That is a great reason to go!! I am a December baby too, but much older :rolleyes1. If Bill and I can swing it we will be in WDW in December. I was looking at Dec. 7 - 17th, I might have to add a day :rotfl: and stalk you, just kidding. I can't wait to read about your plans!

Maybe I should have had your kids give mine a pep talk about the parents going to dw without them.....:rolleyes:

lol... It might work...

That is a great reason to go!! I am a December baby too, but much older :rolleyes1. If Bill and I can swing it we will be in WDW in December. I was looking at Dec. 7 - 17th, I might have to add a day :rotfl: and stalk you, just kidding. I can't wait to read about your plans!

That would be great... I know Toni would love to meet up with you and Bill...

:worship: I was actually telling Terry last night that if we had not already gone during Halloween time the last 2 years, we would be going during Ip Dip just so we could meet you and Bill... I would LOVE to be able to meet you guys!!!:lovestruc

Okay so I just did my date calculator and I only have 97 days until we have to make our ADR's... :scared1:

That is not nearly enough time for an OCD planner like myself!!! :confused3

We also get to really look at menus this time around with no kids, we stuck to a lot of buffets so the kids could find stuff that they liked... And this time we don't have to do mostly character meals either!! I am sure we will still do a few, but not as many as we normally do for the kids...

I have a feeling planning for this trip is going to much different!!

Okay and I thought I would explain our PTR title...

We have been really going back and forth with if we should take this trip or not....

We are already going to Vegas in April, Terry for 10 days and I will meet him for the last week... His aunt lives there and we try to go out at least once a year, Terry twice a year... She has no kids, and her husband died a few years back... We really try and get things done around her house so she isn't hiring strangers to come into her home to do it... Well, this year she wanted her house painted, the inside... So that is why we are going for so long... I would have gone the full 10 days but didn't want to be away from the kids on Easter... And this is the first time we have left them with Terry's parents and for this long period...

Terry's nephew is graduating in June so we have Terry's whole family coming to town to celebrate... So we have been trying to get some remodeling done on the house... And we want to get his nephew a really great gift... Can anyone say Cha Ching??? We are pretty proud of him, he has not had the easiest life, both parents decided they didn't want the burden, so he lives with my in laws, next door... He is a good kid, typical teenage boy though so mouthy to grandma, and doesn't apply himself very well... Of course the mouthing off to grandma doesn't sit well with Terry and he had a "chat" with him about that... And also about the importance of doing well in school since he wants to go to college at some point and get a degree... Apparently the talk worked, because he is much more respectful of grandma and he brought his GPA up to a 3.5 from a 1.something... :thumbsup2

As some of you know, my brother is in the Air Force, just returned from Afghanistan in January... We still have not seem him yet though, he had to go straight back to his base... He is coming home in late June and will be here until mid July... This year is my parents 25th anniversary, and I have decided to throw them a surprise party... They said no parties... :laughing: Hey, I figure I never listened as a child, why would I start now??? It went from being just a small get together and I was just going to grab platters from Costco to 150 invitees and being held at a Golf Club being catered... Oops... How did that happen??? :confused3 Oh yeah, now I remember!! It was TERRY!!! :lovestruc He decided that since he was paying for it (I don't work) that he wanted it to be nice, and not a party that him and I had to actually work at, he wanted to enjoy the party! Have I mentioned how much I love this man??? I really don't see all 150 attending, I see more like 80 to 100... I have been having so much fun being a detective and finding people my parents lost touch with many years ago! They are going to be so surprised!

So, as you can see, we have some big things already going on this year... So that brings us to the should we?? portion of the title... With me being a stay at home Mom and Terry having to take furlough days this year, we are already shorter on the funds then normal... And with the things that we already have going on, we were not sure about doing the trip... But then we really sat down and looked at things, and we already have the other events in our budget, so they are done... Terry works a LOT of overtime, one year he actually almost doubled his yearly salary... So we decided to just bite the bullet and go with it... It's so stupid, but they are having them take furlough days, but will then have to turn around and hire overtime to pay for it... :confused3 Works great for my budget in the long run, but is so stupid for the states budget!!! Whatever, I am not the governor...

Okay, so now onto the could we??

Could we really leave our kids home and go to WDW?? I have no doubt in my mind that we will miss them... Terry says, "at times..." :laughing: But we think it will be so great to be able to go alone and reconnect... We get so wrapped up in his work and the kids sports and school that we really don't make a whole lot of time for just us... This Vegas trip will be the first thing we have done alone since we went to Vegas for his Uncle's funeral like 5 years ago! And since it was a funeral it doesn't even count... :sad1:

I may need you guys to talk me down off the ledge, I may end up buying airfare on a whim one day for the kids and deciding to take them with me!! :rolleyes1

They have already started their list of things we have to bring back for them... They are not stupid children, they know that Mom is going to be feeling mighty guilty and they can pretty much name their terms at this point! :rolleyes:

Loved your last report, so I'm in on this one, too. Sounds like a great time. We have one little one. She's only three, but we've done a couple "alone" trips. She loves going to "Camp Memaw" and Mommy and Daddy like getting to know each other again.

Go for it and have a great time!

Loved your last report, so I'm in on this one, too. Sounds like a great time. We have one little one. She's only three, but we've done a couple "alone" trips. She loves going to "Camp Memaw" and Mommy and Daddy like getting to know each other again.

Go for it and have a great time!

Welcome!!!

So does this "Camp Memaw" accept non-blood related campers??? :rotfl2: I think I could get used to having Daddy all to myself!!!:love:

I am 62 and when I go SOLO !! I too feel guilty but NOT for long:rotfl2: Ilove going with the family but the Solo trips are sooo special as you just have you or in your case each other to please !!! You can eat where you want, take your time and smell the Roses !! It is awesome :cloud9:

You don't need to take the kids....really.

IF you get the urge, just make the trip a bit shorter....;)

Welcome!!!

So does this "Camp Memaw" accept non-blood related campers??? :rotfl2: I think I could get used to having Daddy all to myself!!!:love:

Most definitely!!! They only have two grandkids right now and one is five hours away. They'd love some more. :rotfl:

They have 6 acres and all kinds of trouble to get into. :scared1:

Hmmm...I wonder if there's an age limit...:rolleyes1

I am 62 and when I go SOLO !! I too feel guilty but NOT for long:rotfl2: Ilove going with the family but the Solo trips are sooo special as you just have you or in your case each other to please !!! You can eat where you want, take your time and smell the Roses !! It is awesome :cloud9:

I am getting more excited about it being just Terry and I after reading that... Thank you! :hug: I know I am going to cry when we leave them, but I am sure that will be short lived... :laughing:

You don't need to take the kids....really.

IF you get the urge, just make the trip a bit shorter....;)

I think once I get there I will be alright... It's just the fact of leaving them behind... Of course my MIL is not helping that AT ALL!! :headache:

Most definitely!!! They only have two grandkids right now and one is five hours away. They'd love some more. :rotfl:

They have 6 acres and all kinds of trouble to get into. :scared1:

Hmmm...I wonder if there's an age limit...:rolleyes1

Maybe I should Terry out there and I will hit DW solo!!! :rotfl:

Okay so I just did my date calculator and I only have 97 days until we have to make our ADR's... :scared1:

That is not nearly enough time for an OCD planner like myself!!! :confused3

We also get to really look at menus this time around with no kids, we stuck to a lot of buffets so the kids could find stuff that they liked... And this time we don't have to do mostly character meals either!! I am sure we will still do a few, but not as many as we normally do for the kids...

I have a feeling planning for this trip is going to much different!!

It will be different, but very fun. At least you have 97 days to figure out what ADR's you want. We just decided to go in May and people have been making ADR's since November for our time frame :eek:. It freaked me out thinking we wouldn't get anything we wanted, but we did ;).

It's wonderful that you and Terry take care of his aunt like that. It is horrible how strangers will take advantage of older people that need work done in their homes.

Terry was great to talk to his nephew like that to help straighten him out. Sometimes teenagers just need a wake up call.

Aww how sweet of Terry about your parents anniversary, he wants you to enjoy the party not work it. He is a great guy!! You two are so cute!

I know it is hard to even think about not taking the kids, but you can't even imagine how different and romantic WDW can be with adults only. After watching Illuminations at Epcot, wait for the crowds to leave. Take a leisurely stroll to the busses, it feels like you have the World Showcase all to yourself. It is wonderful to just hold hands and hear the different music as you are walking.

We really enjoyed Narcoossee's at the Grand Floridian, we were there during Wishes and saw the fireworks from our table.

I think it is wonderful that you are taking time to reconnect, you both really deserve this couple time.

As for possibly getting to meet you in December, if we get to go our schedule is flexible so I would just move the day we arrive to the 3rd or 4th instead of the 7th :goodvibes.

It will be different, but very fun. At least you have 97 days to figure out what ADR's you want. We just decided to go in May and people have been making ADR's since November for our time frame :eek:. It freaked me out thinking we wouldn't get anything we wanted, but we did ;).

It's wonderful that you and Terry take care of his aunt like that. It is horrible how strangers will take advantage of older people that need work done in their homes.

Terry was great to talk to his nephew like that to help straighten him out. Sometimes teenagers just need a wake up call.

Aww how sweet of Terry about your parents anniversary, he wants you to enjoy the party not work it. He is a great guy!! You two are so cute!

I know it is hard to even think about not taking the kids, but you can't even imagine how different and romantic WDW can be with adults only. After watching Illuminations at Epcot, wait for the crowds to leave. Take a leisurely stroll to the busses, it feels like you have the World Showcase all to yourself. It is wonderful to just hold hands and hear the different music as you are walking.

We really enjoyed Narcoossee's at the Grand Floridian, we were there during Wishes and saw the fireworks from our table.

I think it is wonderful that you are taking time to reconnect, you both really deserve this couple time.

As for possibly getting to meet you in December, if we get to go our schedule is flexible so I would just move the day we arrive to the 3rd or 4th instead of the 7th :goodvibes.

Terry is pretty awesome, if I do say so myself! :love:

I would have totally panicked having people make ADR's for months before me!!! I would have been in a padded room! Way too OCD for that!! :sad2: Sometimes, I really think I need therapy! :upsidedow

Keep us posted on December... I know you already have May and October though... I still think you need a PTR!!! Give me something to read to get excited too!!! :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter