The DDA Trouble Free Zone Part 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, this should surprise no one. I can't figure out how to put the logo in my signature. So far I have only managed to make a little red "X" appear. Can someone please tell me what I need to do?

DEBBIE - Thank you so very much for the fabulous ornaments! They are perfect! I will post pics when my stinking puter and camera get a long.

They are ice cream cone Mickey and Minnie clowns and are just perfect. Thank you so very much!

Vicki -Thank you for the napkins, the girls ar just thrilled!!! They asked for them this morning and again at lunch.

Im finally home from school..Im going to TRY to be productive tonight and get a lot of homework done so i can relax tomorrow for my day off..well see if that happens!

bengalbelle said:
Good morning everyone.

I hate to drop in like this, but I just got a call from Jennifer (tink2020) asking for prayers. One of the residents in Kyle's group was found dead this morning in the call room. She was young, newly married and appeared healthy, and no one really knows what happened yet. Jennifer and Kyle are obviously very upset.

Please be thinking good thoughts for them today.

I hope all of you are doing well, and had a nice holiday.

Poor Jennifer and Kyle!! :grouphug:

Prayers for that family and all involved.

julia & nicks mom said:
Last night Julia and I were putting up our Christmas lights when out of the blue she says to me:

"I know you just sneak downstairs while I am sleeping"

here is our conversation that followed:

K: What are you talking about
J: Mommy - I know you sneak downstairs and put presents out and that Santa isn't real
k: what?!?!?!!?
J: Look - there is the Mickey Mouse clubhouse we bought (She was with me when I bought it) - you are just going to put it under the tree and say it is from Santa - if it was from you - you would have given it to me when my cousins were here
K: No that is from Mommy & Daddy- but we are giving you your presents on Christmas day - you will also get presents from Santa then
J: I know you put them out
k: Where did you hear something like that?
j: I figured it out in my brain (My kid is too smart)

so Steve and I proceed to have a talk with her about Christmas and how it is Magic and that Christmas magic is what makes Santa real and if you don't believe in Santa he won't bring you presents b/c he needs Magic to come to our house - she had a few questions about why some random man would want to bring her presents - :lmao:

this is just WAY sooner than I ever thought I would have to deal with this - I am going to have to pull out the bag of tricks people play to keep their kids believing - we are definately watching the Santa Claus -

Deb was it you that dressed up like Santa one year and videotaped it? I might have to do that this year!!!!

Oh dear!! She is a bit young for the "talk".

I always say I am lucky that we made it this long with Abi still believing.
Abi knows that those aren't the real Santa at malls so she does not,absolutely refuses to, go anywhere near them.

We have also always talked about the spirit of Christmas and that Santa is only a little part of it.

Poor mom and dad!!

macntosh said:
Well hello Strangers - been awhile since I posted over here, but I think of you often. With the new contest going on I see my two boards have been mated and speaking of mated. Our new one is growing quite well the Dr. says.

We are expecting in April, but if things go like Griffin and Mya then the baby will come in February 8 weeks early.

Oh did I mention Griffin has sent us another Boy from the heavenly realms. Mya is getting used to the idea of having an earthly brother to go with her heavenly one, even though yesterday she said she was mad at God for giving our friends a new little girl and her a brother. They are due the same time and actually had lost a child as well.

Mya is doing Great, she is still one of the shortest in her age, but has dropped the walker and crutches and is learning the joy of scraped knees. Every day something new is discovered like bare feet in grass, or how to jump down stairs. She just had her forth birthday party and I didn't know she had so many friends. Full yard with lots of fun and games and a remarkable cake. I will have to post a picture.

Well good luck with the team, and I will support you all.

Hey, Mac!!! :wave: :wave:

So glad to hear things are going so well with little brother!!

Mya is adorable and it sounds like she's getting around wonderfully.

Don't be such a stranger!!

:wave2: :wave2: DDA.

First things first, sorry about the weather. Seems everytime I head to DisenyWorld in December, it is cold... :cold: :cold: :cold: :cold:

Next, thank you Vicki for my ornaments and counter. :love: :love: :love: And needless to say, I love the wedding dress and tux. BAB Minnie and Mickey are going to look soooooooo adorable.. :love: :love:

I am not going to worry so much about the tshirts. I went to WalMart and got a couple of long sleeved t shirts. I'm going tonight to find one in my size. My sister is covered. :dance3: Not going to see much tshirt under my jacket, scarf and hat.... :cold: :cold: :cold: :cold:

The postman was just here and dropped off the most adorable holiday specs.. Are they from you Theresa??? Thank you!!! :thanks: :thanks: :thanks:

Well, back to work for me... Yes, I know it is after 5, and I haven't read a word, but I've got to get ready for my trip! YA!!! :dance3: :dance3:

kc10family said:
DEBBIE - Thank you so very much for the fabulous ornaments! They are perfect! I will post pics when my stinking puter and camera get a long.

They are ice cream cone Mickey and Minnie clowns and are just perfect. Thank you so very much!

Vicki -Thank you for the napkins, the girls ar just thrilled!!! They asked for them this morning and again at lunch.

Hi, Paula!!! It's good to "see" you again! How are things going? I'm guessing you're still pretty busy.

Glynis said:
Vicki - I just have to say HOORAY FOR YOUR MOLASSES COOKIES!!!!! We made them last night while we were putting up the trees, and they totally ROCK! The molasses flavor is not overpowering, but just right, and (wonder of wonders) they stay soft and chewy!!! I've never had cookies do that! I'm off to the store this afternoon for more molasses! Alan says I have to make many more batches. He wants to take them to all his clients and friends from work. Thank you so much for that recipe.

The rest of you should try them!!! Just out of the oven they were out of this world!!!!!!!

I'm so glad that you enjoyed them. They are one of my favorites. When I was talking to my brother the other day, I asked him what were his favorites and I was shocked to hear Molasses Cookies. I didn't realize he liked them too.

Wow! The stuff I ordered from Lands End on Thanksgiving arrived today! That was fast! Especially since it looks like we won't need it! :rotfl: I checked the Orlando TV station website www.wftv.com and it is showing a high of 83 for Saturday! :banana:

Steffy said:
:wave2: :wave2: DDA.

First things first, sorry about the weather. Seems everytime I head to DisenyWorld in December, it is cold... :cold: :cold: :cold: :cold:

Next, thank you Vicki for my ornaments and counter. :love: :love: :love: And needless to say, I love the wedding dress and tux. BAB Minnie and Mickey are going to look soooooooo adorable.. :love: :love:

I am not going to worry so much about the tshirts. I went to WalMart and got a couple of long sleeved t shirts. I'm going tonight to find one in my size. My sister is covered. :dance3: Not going to see much tshirt under my jacket, scarf and hat.... :cold: :cold: :cold: :cold:

The postman was just here and dropped off the most adorable holiday specs.. Are they from you Theresa??? Thank you!!! :thanks: :thanks: :thanks:
Well, back to work for me... Yes, I know it is after 5, and I haven't read a word, but I've got to get ready for my trip! YA!!! :dance3: :dance3:

They are from Vicki and I!! I hope I picked okay!!

I finally caught up!!!
:cool1: :cool1:

I have done absolutely nothing for work. :blush:

We have a mirror drive system(I think that's what it's called) on our server and one drive completely went out...and the other is on it's way out. So I spent alot of the morning talking to our IT company. Wednesday, at the earliest is when we are getting our new drives.

My boss and the other guy in the office are both out so I am doing nothing and enjoying it!!

We had a good time on Friday...went out with a friend at 5 to Kmart. We were lucky we got there then...she got the last one of a couple things she wanted. I bought some things including Littlest Pet Shop items....turns out what Abi wanted was cheaper at Target so spent some time Saturday doing that switch around. We then headed to Walmart....I got wrapping paper there. Met up with the kiddos and headed toward the mall...stopped at Borders to pick up Cassidy's next Lit book "Curious Incident..." and Toys R Us...actually left Toys empty handed. :teeth: JcPenney was next...got Jimmy his annual pajama shorts. They are Disney themed (of course)...Mickey holding a sign saying no shirt, Donald a sign no shorts....on the back they say "No Problem". The girls got new pants and shirts....Penneys is the only store that we have no problem getting clothes that fit for them. Chick Fil A was lunch and then headed to the hotel. Swam for 45 minutes and then went to Target, picked up a game and headed to dinner. After dinner went back to hotel and swam and swam. The girls then had baths...that's the one big thing they miss living with my grandparents.

Saturday we went to Michael's and took full advantage of their 20% coupon!!

Watched The March of the Penguins...great movie.

Sunday was laundry and church.

Today...officially work...unofficially goof off day!!

julia & nicks mom said:
hey guys!!!

Kristine, Delinda and I are on the WPASADI Team representing our board and the VMK board

I am part of the WPASADI team for the VMK/Creative DISigns board - we need cheerleaders - Jen has already signed up

I know with the DDA behind us - we can do awesome -

you can sigh up for the audience and cheer us on - I hear members of the audience can win Awesome prizes too!!

Here is where you can sign up
http://www.wdwinfo.com/WPASADI-reg.cfm

then you can go to this thread and sign up to cheer us on!!!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1285305

I would love to see one of you win the audience grand prize!!

I just signed up to be in the audience. Now that I have cable internet access everything seems sooooo much faster. Chris wants to know why we waited so long. They are coming on Thursday to hook up a wireless network for us. You might see Chris around here more as we will both be able to be online at the same time. He said that he'll have to post just to talk to me :rotfl:

Deb

UP Disney said:
Deb, were you able to back up your files from the desktop computer before it died? If not, take the hard drive out before dumping it and send it to me. I can see if I can get the files off of it for you. Sometimes the hard drive can be piggy backed on a working system and you can get the files even if the operating system has crashed on it. I'd hate for you to lose your files.

Most of the files were backed up. I rarely used that computer anymore so I had transfered a lot of stuff onto the other computer and I backed up all my photos. Thanks for the offer, but if I lost anything it wasn't much.

Deb

Isn't it amazing! Love having the wireless as well :thumbsup2

my3princes said:
I just signed up to be in the audience. Now that I have cable internet access everything seems sooooo much faster. Chris wants to know why we waited so long. They are coming on Thursday to hook up a wireless network for us. You might see Chris around here more as we will both be able to be online at the same time. He said that he'll have to post just to talk to me :rotfl:

Deb

julia & nicks mom said:
Last night Julia and I were putting up our Christmas lights when out of the blue she says to me:

"I know you just sneak downstairs while I am sleeping"

here is our conversation that followed:

K: What are you talking about
J: Mommy - I know you sneak downstairs and put presents out and that Santa isn't real
k: what?!?!?!!?
J: Look - there is the Mickey Mouse clubhouse we bought (She was with me when I bought it) - you are just going to put it under the tree and say it is from Santa - if it was from you - you would have given it to me when my cousins were here
K: No that is from Mommy & Daddy- but we are giving you your presents on Christmas day - you will also get presents from Santa then
J: I know you put them out
k: Where did you hear something like that?
j: I figured it out in my brain (My kid is too smart)

so Steve and I proceed to have a talk with her about Christmas and how it is Magic and that Christmas magic is what makes Santa real and if you don't believe in Santa he won't bring you presents b/c he needs Magic to come to our house - she had a few questions about why some random man would want to bring her presents - :lmao:

this is just WAY sooner than I ever thought I would have to deal with this - I am going to have to pull out the bag of tricks people play to keep their kids believing - we are definately watching the Santa Claus -

Deb was it you that dressed up like Santa one year and videotaped it? I might have to do that this year!!!!

That was me, It worked like a charm too. :rotfl:

Deb

PrincessLeighsDaddy said:
Good Afternoon DDA!
7.gif

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

It appears that on Thanksgiving night a stomach virus caught me! Ugh! Not good considering all that I had eaten for dinner when I was feeling fine. I can honestly say that this was one Thanksgiving that I didn't gain any weight from dinner.

I felt a little better by Friday evening and took Leighanna to go see our local Santa. I had promised her that we would go, so I showered and got dressed and took her. I couldn't believe that we had to wait almost 2 hours in line to see him. I guess the warmer weather brought tons of kids out! Leighanna played with some of her friends from preschool that were waiting in line also, so she didn't get as antsy as I did!

I can't believe that she asked Santa for three things that we haven't even heard her say yet. She must have been saving her wishes until she met the "Big Guy". Unfortunately, two of the items are probably not going to be under the tree. She asked for Butterscotch Pony, and a BABW toy (This is a "home" version of the store where you have a little machine to stuff a miniature bear. You dress it and give it a name.) I thought the pony was perhaps a My Little Pony toy, but no! I found it on-line and it is an almost life-size miniature pony that you can ride and feed a pretend carrot to. As for the BABW toy, I really don't think that she is old enough yet for that toy, and I really don't want to be cleaning up fluff that escaped her teddy all day long!

I signed up as an audience member for the Whoopsidoodle game. Go Team!

:wizard: To all that need it!

I saw that pony in Nashua, NH at the Mall. I actually think it was at Target, very cute, but boy would that take up space.

Deb

I'm finally caught up again. I had intended to be here last night, but I was so tired that I fell asleep at 10 PM. I did manage to grocery shop, pick up a few more Christmas gifts, put up a few outside decorations and do a bit of cleaning. It seems that all the Christmas Lights have decided not to work this year so rather than spend hours testing each bulb I opted to run new lights along the garlands. It was much easier cutting the old lights off. :thumbsup2 I have lots of extra lights still in boxes as I buy them when they are 75% or 90% off after Christmas. It was a busy day. Today I got up and actually showered when I got up (usually I wait until afternoon as I'm getting ready for work). The Comcast guy showed up at 8:45 AM. He was supposed to call 1/2 hour before he came, but he didn't. It took him an hour or so to do what he had to do then he ran into a problem when he tried to set up the computer. He left me with a phone number to call to resolve the issue. Turns out it took 3 calls to different numbers to get it resolved, but an hour later I had HSI !!! I love the speed and now my phone isn't tied up all the time. I also managed to get Colby's Geotrax set put away and his room cleaned. I also cleaned out a toy box in the living room and vacuumed. Laundry is still in the process of being done as I got way behind this weekend. Overall it was a productive day. Now I can just stop by here anytime without the long waits that dial up involves :thumbsup2

Deb

babytrees said:
They are from Vicki and I!! I hope I picked okay!!

Theresa and Vicki,

They are just so cute, and I would like to thank you so very much :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter