The DDA Trouble Free Zone Part 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
my3princes said:
I just signed up to be in the audience. Now that I have cable internet access everything seems sooooo much faster. Chris wants to know why we waited so long. They are coming on Thursday to hook up a wireless network for us. You might see Chris around here more as we will both be able to be online at the same time. He said that he'll have to post just to talk to me :rotfl:

Deb

Deb,

I wanted to take this time to say Thank You for the blanket and pants for my new Pal Mickey 'Chucky' I am really touched. He will wear them to bed at least one night. I did manage to find a pair of red long johns with the back flap and he has to wear them at least once as well :goodvibes

Deb-
Dont you love how fast the internet is now?! We were so amazed when we first got High speed internet and now i cant imagine going back!
You also are so productive and get a ton done during the day--i need you to come over and make me do stuff too!

PrincessLeighsDaddy said:
Good Afternoon DDA!
7.gif

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

It appears that on Thanksgiving night a stomach virus caught me! Ugh! Not good considering all that I had eaten for dinner when I was feeling fine. I can honestly say that this was one Thanksgiving that I didn't gain any weight from dinner.

I felt a little better by Friday evening and took Leighanna to go see our local Santa. I had promised her that we would go, so I showered and got dressed and took her. I couldn't believe that we had to wait almost 2 hours in line to see him. I guess the warmer weather brought tons of kids out! Leighanna played with some of her friends from preschool that were waiting in line also, so she didn't get as antsy as I did!

I can't believe that she asked Santa for three things that we haven't even heard her say yet. She must have been saving her wishes until she met the "Big Guy". Unfortunately, two of the items are probably not going to be under the tree. She asked for Butterscotch Pony, and a BABW toy (This is a "home" version of the store where you have a little machine to stuff a miniature bear. You dress it and give it a name.) I thought the pony was perhaps a My Little Pony toy, but no! I found it on-line and it is an almost life-size miniature pony that you can ride and feed a pretend carrot to. As for the BABW toy, I really don't think that she is old enough yet for that toy, and I really don't want to be cleaning up fluff that escaped her teddy all day long!

I signed up as an audience member for the Whoopsidoodle game. Go Team!

:wizard: To all that need it!
Hi Tom. I hope you are feeling good again.

A coworker of mine is getting his daughter the Butterscotch Pony. That is going to be her big present. She is only 2 so she should get a lot of play out of it. You can even ride it too!

Glynis said:
As far as I know, Paula is still working on it. I haven't heard anything to the contrary!
I got a PM from her. She is quite busy and has asked if you could help with the planning on this. She said she that you had info from her, is that correct? Maybe if we can start looking at hotels and prices, get them narrowed down as to on or off site, and then vote on where to stay. Do we want to book rooms in a group or leave it up to each person to get their own room? What do you think Glynis? Can you roll with this? I'll help as much as I can, but having never been there I feel kinda blind about it.

my3princes said:
I just signed up to be in the audience. Now that I have cable internet access everything seems sooooo much faster. Chris wants to know why we waited so long. They are coming on Thursday to hook up a wireless network for us. You might see Chris around here more as we will both be able to be online at the same time. He said that he'll have to post just to talk to me :rotfl:

Deb
That's the same thing that I thought when I first got a cable modem....how did I live without it???!!!

Welcome back, Kitchensinkguy!

Well I am exhausted. My feet and back hurt. Besides the normal running around I do on Monday (preschool, ballet, etc.) I managed to get the 3 reindeer out in the front yard, ran all the extension cords, and get the candles in all the front windows. I also had to defrost my freezer, as the ice maker line froze and it started leaking water in the rear of the refrigerator. Then I did some grocery shopping and picked the dogs up at the kennel. Also made a quick trip to Wal-mart. Never did get to the laundry so I hope the kids have something to wear tomorrow. Now we are all laying in my bed resting. The kids are watching Annabelle's Wish, which came in the mail while we were gone.

from amazon
Adults take note: Pony comes unassembled in box with head detatched.
You may wish to not open the box around your children if they may be frightened by a box with a decapitated horse inside.
:lmao:

babytrees said:
I finally caught up!!!
:cool1: :cool1:

I have done absolutely nothing for work. :blush:

We have a mirror drive system(I think that's what it's called) on our server and one drive completely went out...and the other is on it's way out. So I spent alot of the morning talking to our IT company. Wednesday, at the earliest is when we are getting our new drives.

My boss and the other guy in the office are both out so I am doing nothing and enjoying it!!

We had a good time on Friday...went out with a friend at 5 to Kmart. We were lucky we got there then...she got the last one of a couple things she wanted. I bought some things including Littlest Pet Shop items....turns out what Abi wanted was cheaper at Target so spent some time Saturday doing that switch around. We then headed to Walmart....I got wrapping paper there. Met up with the kiddos and headed toward the mall...stopped at Borders to pick up Cassidy's next Lit book "Curious Incident..." and Toys R Us...actually left Toys empty handed. :teeth: JcPenney was next...got Jimmy his annual pajama shorts. They are Disney themed (of course)...Mickey holding a sign saying no shirt, Donald a sign no shorts....on the back they say "No Problem". The girls got new pants and shirts....Penneys is the only store that we have no problem getting clothes that fit for them. Chick Fil A was lunch and then headed to the hotel. Swam for 45 minutes and then went to Target, picked up a game and headed to dinner. After dinner went back to hotel and swam and swam. The girls then had baths...that's the one big thing they miss living with my grandparents.

Saturday we went to Michael's and took full advantage of their 20% coupon!!

Watched The March of the Penguins...great movie.

Sunday was laundry and church.

Today...officially work...unofficially goof off day!!

I'm curious. Is Cassidy's book "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime"? If so, I'm surprised it's recommended for someone her age. The language and subject matter is a bit strong for someone her age. Of course, I'm probably way off base, and it's probably a totally different book.

Hmm. Nothing like a headless horse to put a damper on your holidays! :rotfl2:

Tammi - You've been busy! I did about 5 loads of laundry at work today. I think the kids spent the whole time I was off doing nothing but changing outfits!

Jo - Hello! :wave2:

Deb - Congrats on the high speed internet! One of these days we will upgrade!

Terry - Your Mickey will be dressed in style!

I opened all of our Lands End stuff when I got home. I like my hat and gloves - they are really warm! I got a scarf that DH or I could wear. I have an ivory one already - this one is black. I also got a hat for DH which he claims he doesn't need but too bad!

Tammi67 said:
I got a PM from her. She is quite busy and has asked if you could help with the planning on this. She said she that you had info from her, is that correct? Maybe if we can start looking at hotels and prices, get them narrowed down as to on or off site, and then vote on where to stay. Do we want to book rooms in a group or leave it up to each person to get their own room? What do you think Glynis? Can you roll with this? I'll help as much as I can, but having never been there I feel kinda blind about it.

I can certainly try! I've never done anything like this. I usually leave all the planning up to Alan or my dad. I'll PM Paula and have her send me all the stuff she has gathered. I know that she had done quite a bit. If I need any help, I'll let you know.

Sister got one of those horrible "Poop Scoopin'" Barbies for her birthday. When I took her to school this morning she had the "poop" in her cubby. She must have smuggled it out of the house last Wednesday when Momboss took her to school. I always search the kids for contraband so they know better than to try to take toys to school. I told her NO WAY was she going to have little magnetic poop at school. A large fight followed. I ended up telling her the poop had to go in her backpack and stay there, and I would take it out as soon as she came home. I was shocked that her teacher said she had a good day. She has a horrible cold so I figured her day would be crummy.

Glynis said:
I can certainly try! I've never done anything like this. I usually leave all the planning up to Alan or my dad. I'll PM Paula and have her send me all the stuff she has gathered. I know that she had done quite a bit. If I need any help, I'll let you know.
Thanks, Glynis. Again, I'll do whatever I can to help.

lovespoohbear said:
from amazon
Adults take note: Pony comes unassembled in box with head detatched.
You may wish to not open the box around your children if they may be frightened by a box with a decapitated horse inside.
:lmao:

So why does my sick humor think this needs to come with a GodFather DVD.
:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2:

Tammi67 said:
Tammi -

one thing I learned about the hotels at DL is that they packages do not come out as soon as the WDW ones do and that you might not be able to book the really good deals this far out!

jackskellingtonsgirl said:
always search the kids for contraband so they know better than to try to take toys to school.
Elizabeth, the Enforcer! :rotfl:

Tammi67 said:
Thanks, Glynis. Again, I'll do whatever I can to help.

Ok. I emailed Paula and asked her to send me everything that she has collected thus far. Once I go over it, I'll probably be asking a ton of questions. This should be fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter