The DDA Trouble Free Zone Part 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
That looks wonderful, Elin! You could sell those!

:scared: We here in Texas feel your pain. Jonathan had planted some beautiful flowers in our planters on the back porch area, and they have NOT been happy with all the pounding rain. They're finally beginning to perk up again. Although I'm afraid with all the heat and humidity today, we'll be brewing up another round of storms soon.

Thanks, Lindsay. I did think about the possibility of selling the jewelry, but that would entail finding time to make it! :rotfl:

I repotted some of the flattened plants this morning and they seem to be perking up a bit too. I guess we all have to admit that summer and its ensing weather quirks is finally upon us!

I hope everyone has a good Saturday. I really wish I could stay home and do what I want to do for a change. But I have to keep telling myself that the event I have today is a much better alternative than where I was supposed to be this Saturday. :goodvibes

Catch ya later! :wave2:

I hope it goes well today, Lindsay. One more event down!

Eln,

That is just beautiful. I know it must feel great to make it your own style.:goodvibes

My sister in Ga has made a few bracelets with beads, crystals and stones and I have one. I know she enjoys doing that.

And thank you to you too, Terry! I really do appreciate all the nice compliments from everyone.

Now that I have the hang of it I need to get a little more adventurous and see if I can make one that is a little chunkier, like the ones I really like.

tanzaniachunky.jpg

Hello everyone. I feel like I am so out of touch, as I have been crazy busy lately. But the funny thing is that if I were to list out what I've been doing, it doesn't really seem like much.

Elin - you'll have to take me along next time you go beading.

So I took the kids to the pool yesterday afternoon and while they were swimming I was chatting with another mom that I know from my subdivision. She lives on another street, about 4 houses from me. Anyway, she was telling me how they are going to WDW on the 16th. So we got to chatting and I was asking her all sorts of questions (where they are staying, eating, etc.). This will be their first trip and she really had her stuff together, for a first-timer that is. So she proceeded to tell me how she had signed up for TGM. Then she mentioned making tshirts, and finding the Disboards. I couldn't believe it!!! So here is a link to pictures of her shirts she made.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1472220

Everyone say him to Kim and welcome her to our thread!!

Hello everyone. I feel like I am so out of touch, as I have been crazy busy lately. But the funny thing is that if I were to list out what I've been doing, it doesn't really seem like much.

So I took the kids to the pool yesterday afternoon and while they were swimming I was chatting with another mom that I know from my subdivision. She live on another street, about 4 houses from me. Anyway, she was telling me how they were going to WDW on the 16th. So we got to chatting and I was asking her all sorts of questions (where they are staying, eating, etc.). This will be their first trip and she really had her stuff together, for a first-timer that is. So she proceeded to tell me how she signed up for TGM. Then she mentioned making tshirts, and finding the Disboards. I couldn't believe it!!! So here is a link to pictures of her shirts she made.

Hi Kim!! :wave2: Welcome!

So I took the kids to the pool yesterday afternoon and while they were swimming I was chatting with another mom that I know from my subdivision. She live on another street, about 4 houses from me. Anyway, she was telling me how they were going to WDW on the 16th. So we got to chatting and I was asking her all sorts of questions (where they are staying, eating, etc.). This will be their first trip and she really had her stuff together, for a first-timer that is. So she proceeded to tell me how she signed up for TGM. Then she mentioned making tshirts, and finding the Disboards. I couldn't believe it!!! So here is a link to pictures of her shirts she made.

Hi Kim!!

Thats funny you posted a story like this-something similar happened to me last night! I was on the DIS late, andi got a PM that said something like "Hello Rowan graduate"--she had said she saw my trip report and had a niece that went to Rowan with the same major and wondered if i knew her..It ended up being one of my best friends---i went to disney with her a couple years ago for our birthdays--it was so strange, i couldnt believe it!

Let's see.... the conversation would go something like:

Father: "Did everything go alright?"

Anne Marie: "You have a DemonDaughter!"

Father: - - - - - - - -

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Good idea!!! Hopefully I won't see these people ever again!

I will gladly take you. Have you done some before? I have not figured out how to finish the ends well yet, but I am working on it!

I had noticed that Kim was from F'burg on her thread about her shirts and welcomed her then. So nice to have another Ferry Farmer on the DIS with us! :goodvibes Hi, Kim... :wave2:

Hi Kim!!

Thats funny you posted a story like this-something similar happened to me last night! I was on the DIS late, andi got a PM that said something like "Hello Rowan graduate"--she had said she saw my trip report and had a niece that went to Rowan with the same major and wondered if i knew her..It ended up being one of my best friends---i went to disney with her a couple years ago for our birthdays--it was so strange, i couldnt believe it!

That is such a neat story, Jen! How are you doing today?

So I took the kids to the pool yesterday afternoon and while they were swimming I was chatting with another mom that I know from my subdivision. She lives on another street, about 4 houses from me. Anyway, she was telling me how they are going to WDW on the 16th. So we got to chatting and I was asking her all sorts of questions (where they are staying, eating, etc.). This will be their first trip and she really had her stuff together, for a first-timer that is. So she proceeded to tell me how she had signed up for TGM. Then she mentioned making tshirts, and finding the Disboards. I couldn't believe it!!! So here is a link to pictures of her shirts she made.

I was wondering why that thread has had so many reponses today! She did a great job on the shirts, and I hope that she has a magical trip!

Elin--your necklace looks terrific! I never would have known that it was your first one.

Debbie--I love that bleach shirt! I have done the opposite with bleach...sprayed around an object like a reverse stencil. I really like the way yours turned out!

Hi to everyone! :flower3: Sorry I am around so sporadically. I feel like Tammi. I've been really busy, but it doesn't sound like much.

Yesterday we had Miles' 8th birthday party. His birthday was last month, but we couldn't get an agreeable date with the Nature Center that he wanted to have the party at until now. We sent out invitations to his whole class plus a couple of other friends. Out of the 19 invitations, I only had 8 RSVP, so I wasn't sure exactly how many we were going to end up with. It was only the 8 plus my family, so everything worked out. One of the boys was wild, but nothing like the girl Anne Marie had to deal with.

Beth

Thanks for the compliment on my necklace, Beth. Sounds as if Miles' birthday party was a hit. Not too big, but enough people to make it enjoyable. Aren't you stunned by the number of people who do not bother to RSVP anymore?? Even an email reply would be nice, wouldn't it??

OK, off to take Kristin to work. I will check in later to see how you all are doing.... and to see if you like the pictures I know are coming. :rolleyes1

Thanks for the compliment on my necklace, Beth. Sounds as if Miles' birthday party was a hit. Not too big, but enough people to make it enjoyable. Aren't you stunned by the number of people who do not bother to RSVP anymore?? Even an email reply would be nice, wouldn't it??

I put both my phone number and my e-mail address down for the RSVP. I figured it wouldn't take more than a minute to RSVP either way.

It was a fun party. They went out on a hike with a leader from the center. Then we had pizza, etc. Then the leader took them into a big room and brought different animals out one by one to show them (snakes, turtles, iguana, tortoise, gecko, gerbil, etc). We finished with cake and ice cream. I was going to have Miles open his presents, but we ran out of time (and a couple boys were getting wild).

The only weird part of the party was that there was a snake (in a terrarium) in the party room. There was a small mouse in with the snake that was meant to be food. Most of the boys were hoping that the snake would eat the mouse in front of them. Miles and one other boy were horrified. I explained that the snake had to eat, and they understood, but they still were upset for the mouse. They also couldn't understand why the other boys were so excited about the snake killing the adorable, little mouse. Thank goodness the snake wasn't hungry!

Dress1.jpg

Dress1A.jpg

We've been calling this the ribbon dress. :rotfl: It's white with white ribbons from top to bottom. Back is tied, which I'm not too fond of, but the dress is so different!
Dress2.jpg

Dress2A.jpg

The dress I tried on is MUCH prettier than this one. The color was considered sable gold (which I can't find a pic of it in that color anywhere!) and the detailing is probably in a champagne color so it definately pops. I fell in love with the neckline - and the whole dress, but the train is SO LONG! I'm trying to imagine it bussled all night and carrying the weight of it. But it is my favorite.
Dress3.jpg

Dress3A.jpg

Dress #3! The pic and the dress is white with frost white lace overlay. I'm trying to find a store that carrys it in ivory with ivory white overlay to see if I'd like it in that color. Again, it ties in the back, but comes with a privacy panel to hide the skin which is a nice feature.

I think my problem is it's three dresses that I *really* love but they are all three different feelings when I get them on. The first one is so different, I'd think I'd wow everyone with it. But it's also so modern. The second one to me is classic bridal, but the color is so unique it gives it something different. And the third has the romantic feel about it.....ahhh decisions!

I'm gonna go back and edit the post a bit to include colors and my thoughts! I just had to get them up... The store didn't allow photos, so sorry I'm not in any of them!

That's very surprising that they didn't allow photos. Too bad. They are all beautiful and I don't know if I could pick a favorite!

OK, off to take Kristin to work. I will check in later to see how you all are doing.... and to see if you like the pictures I know are coming. :rolleyes1
Am I hallucinating or didn't you say that you wouldn't be driving her to work? ;)

And you must have ESP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter