The DDA Trouble Free Zone Part 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope she comes home soon or you hear from her. I would be a little worried myself. They are probably just having a good time & not thinking about the time. Nothing crazy about be worried over a loved one :hug:

ugh..this is driving me crazy--
my mom and aunt went out shopping tonight and they still arent home--im hoping they just stopped at atlantic city or something..but neither of them are answering their cell phones, its 12:30 and i havent talked to mom since 530 when the plan was just kohls and some stores around there..

i know this is stupid to be worried and its just because im tired and sick, but im worried...i want to be sleeping but im sitting up and waiting...this isnt like her at all--shes usually home and sleeping by now..so this is driving me nuts! (sorry i know it sounds crazy!)

I hope she comes home soon or you hear from her. I would be a little worried myself. They are probably just having a good time & not thinking about the time. Nothing crazy about be worried over a loved one :hug:

Thanks--she just answered and didnt realize what time it was..she laughed and said now my brother and i know how it felt when she would wait up for us:rotfl:

Daniel's party went well. I ended up driving 3 other boys to the party. The boys were absolutely crazy in the car. They all got to bat in the batting cage & played kickball & dodgeball. Daniel told me about this mean girl in his class. Boy, he wasn't kidding. This girl was so nasty to the other kids.
11.gif
She yelled "shutup" several times at the kids while they were just talking, she told one kid he was a baldy, another she called buck-toothed, & another she called an idiot. Wow!!! Daniel said to me later in the car.."See whey I didn't want to invite her" Yea I see that now! :headache: She didn't bring a present either.:sad2:
Anyway, they did have fun & Daniel got alot of Mets stuff. Some of his friends are so cute! Whew..it's over!:cheer2:

:scared1: That girl's behavior is unbelievable at a party. Glad Daniel and the other's had a great time.

The only thing Emma used to tell me about preschool was that the boys were bad. Then at special person day I saw how bad they really were and a few days after that a couple of the boys jumped on Emma on the playground. The teachers did adress the problem and there weren't any other incidents. She's done with preschool and is now going to nature camp until Joe & Lizzy are done with school. She told Joe the boys who want to kill aren't in her class anymore-they aren't in her nature camp class. I know she may have a few of those boys in her class next year but I know her teachers next year won't tolerate that aggressive behavior. One of her nature camp teachers will be one of her teachers next year and she really likes her. I'm glad this year is over.

Daniel's party went well. I ended up driving 3 other boys to the party. The boys were absolutely crazy in the car. They all got to bat in the batting cage & played kickball & dodgeball. Daniel told me about this mean girl in his class. Boy, he wasn't kidding. This girl was so nasty to the other kids.
11.gif
She yelled "shutup" several times at the kids while they were just talking, she told one kid he was a baldy, another she called buck-toothed, & another she called an idiot. Wow!!! Daniel said to me later in the car.."See whey I didn't want to invite her" Yea I see that now! :headache: She didn't bring a present either.:sad2:
Anyway, they did have fun & Daniel got alot of Mets stuff. Some of his friends are so cute! Whew..it's over!:cheer2:

Oh, my! I would have had some very special words for that little girl while she sat by herself in a "naughty chair"! None of my kids (DS and my charges) are allowed to say shut up OR idiot. And if one of them said it in public they would be in gigantic trouble. I think I would have told her mom "Oh, I am afraid DD didn't enjoy the party very much! She used horrible language and was very rude and disrespectful so she had to sit out most of the time. I am sure she is just tired and doesn't usually behave that way." Insert icy stare and tight little smile.

Marci - Good luck to Andrew!!:wizard: I used to work at Town East when DH & I first got married. I haven't been out there since. We usually end up at Valley View if I have the kids. Northpark just doesn't have much for them to do unless we go to Build a Bear or the movies. DS used to play soccer on a team with boys from Shelton. I can see how a party might get interesting.;)

Bernadette - Last year Sister had a Jewish education class one afternoon a week and there were 2 boys in there who were HORRIBLE. Luckily they don't go to her regular school.

Momboss finished her trial, and she said I can have the whole day off on Monday because she wants to hang out with the kids after camp. That means I can spend the whole day with the current nanny at my new job, and DS will be at home with DH. :thumbsup2
Dadboss said the girl they were going to hire is waffling and told him she is still interviewing. Obviously this is not her first choice, and that makes me think she will quit as soon as she finds a job she likes better. He said he told her she can think about it for one more day, then he is rescinding the offer and hiring someone else. I only have 2 weeks left, so they need to get it figured out soon! He told me their second choice is another student who will be in college for 3 more years. Not sure how old she is, but that sounds YOUNG to me!:scared:

Arabella Razor Claws went to the vet today for her 2nd round of kitten vaccinations. The vet said he can tell from her face that she is full of mischief. He doesn't know the half of it!:rotfl2: She jumped up in bed with me about 2:55, and she proceeded to lick, bite, prod, etc. until 3:25 when she scratched me HARD across the lip. It isn't bleeding, but it is SORE. At that point I decided I was awake. When I go back to bed I am closing the door and she is going to be OUTSIDE the bedroom!

Here is what I did with my spare time yesterday... I got tired of spending $50 for the necklaces that I love to wear and decided to try my hand at one on my own:

IMG_0449.jpg

We had nasty weather here yesterday and last evening. Brutal temps and humidity and then horrible thunderstorms. We unplugged all the electronics in the house because the power was bumping and finally did go off for a bit. I had to pick Kristin up from work and the drive home was awful. I couldn't see the road for the downpour and lightning. Very scary. Today is to be a little less hot and humid and I don't think we have any storms in the forecast. My little garden is mashed down flat!

I hope you all have good mornings! :goodvibes:

Hope you get a good nights sleep Robyn!

Thanks Janet. I've had a few good nights now.

:grouphug: I remember how miserable that last month can be. With Alyssa I was scheduled months ahead of time for a c-section. It got to the point where I finally asked the dr. if we could move the date up. He asked when and I said "got any plans for this afternoon??" He didn't buy it. :rolleyes: I hope you sleep better tonight.

I think next week I am going to start pushing for a definite date to be induced. He said he wouldn't let me go to my due date but I can't get a commitment out of him.

When I was at the craft fair this weekend a lady was selling lighthouses made out of terra cotta pots like that. Instead of the platter on top she inserted a solar powered light. They were sealed and painted beautifully, just like a lighthouse, but then she would put seascapes or Christmas themes on them. I'll see if I can search the web and find out anything. I may have taken her card as well. They were really pretty, but expensive.

Those sound cute and I love the birdbath. I think the girls and I may make one over the summer. My dad made a lighthouse out of a construction barrel that he found ;) It sits on their deck and is cute. But sometimes I just don't understand him!!

Thank you. We both had good days even though we spent it apart. The actual anniversary was yesterday.

Just a quick post to say I'm well and in Lansing. They are keeping me busy but I did go to the movies with some girlfriends last night and dinner with them tonight. We saw Knocked Up. I did not enjoy it at all. I think if I took every time I have heard the F-word in my entire life, it wasn't as many times as in the movie last night. I just don't enjoy shows like that. One of my friends says that's what young adults that age sound like. I sure haven't heard that kind of talk and if that really is the way they talk, it's a shame.

I still have to get out to see POTC3 but would like to do that with Chuck. We have a wedding reception to attend this week-end. It is going to be a pig roast. It is a friend from work that I spent lots of time with before the new department was formed. The other two that we worked closely with will also be there. We all live hours apart. I'm looking forward to having the 4 of us together for a while. My friend getting married is 45, never been married and he is marrying a woman with a 10 year old son. I'm so happy for him. He is one of the sweetest guys I know. I've always wondered how he hadn't been snatched up by someone before. They have been dating a couple of years now.

Well, I have to get to sleep. I have to get up early to check some stuff out to make sure the staffing for all the migrations happening this week and next are set. We've had some changes and I need to review and make sure we haven't forgotten to fill something.

Glad to see you check in. Happy Belated Anniversary!:love:

I'm home and I've managed to rinse and take the rubber bands off the tie dye shirts. Now I'm running them through the washer to make sure all the extra dye is out. They didn't come out as good as the ones I made in 2005, but they're not bad. They seem to have a lot more white on them. I only put one mickey head this year too. Now I need to make one for my mother. Maybe tomorrow :confused3 I also managed to add her to our LTT ADR before the P&P party. I also added her to our DVC reservation at OKW and have an email out to add her to our Buena Vista Suites reservation. So far it hasn't been too hard. I'm in the process of making her shirts to match ours. She may not have all the same, but she'll at least have some.

I should probably make Pal Mickey some too? I guess I'll see if I have time.

I've also sold my last blanket and towel set at AJs so I should get sewing. While I'm at it I need to make a rain cover for Hunter's wheelchair. I'm tired just thinking about it. Good thing I still have 6 weeks to get it all done.

Glad you could get your mom added to the ressies. You simply tire me out and all I do is read about what you manage to get accomplished in a day.

Hi Vicki! It's good to see you posting. It's too bad that you didn't enjoy the movie, but I'm glad you gave us your thoughts. It had gotten such good reviews. It sounds like you will have a nice weekend with old friends.

My next door neighbor went to the movies the day Knocked Up came out and the theater was giving away extra movie posters. Well she brought one home and taped it to my front door.:eek: We all got quite a laugh out of it!

I believe I found my new favorite walking sandals:
http://www.footsmart.com/P-Rafters-Radial-Tonca-Slide-Women-71414.aspx

I got them in green and they are SO comfie!!

Those are cute! I'm headed to Nordstrom today for a new pair of Croc flip flops.

Im so glad theres so many around chatting tonight !
We got some bad news about an "aunt" of mine today.
Shes my grandmother's cousin and is one of the ladies helping me on my job search. We just found out she has cancer and the doctor gave her 2 weeks..so please keep aunt lois in your prayers or good thoughts if you can

Prayers being said. :wizard:

:wizard: :wizard: It must have been the day for cancer diagnosis. One of my mother's employees was diagnosed with Leukemia today. They will run a more conclusive test tomorrow. We're not sure how long they're giving her yet. She has lived a long healthy life to this point and she is 80 years old. I'm sure she never expected that diagnosis at her age.

More prayers said. :wizard:
i was just going to type the same thing..this lovely cough med has codeine in it and it knocks me out..good night!

Can I have some of that cough syrup?!?! Pretty pretty please with sugar on top! ;)

I am a little behind... Our cable was out most of the day yesterday and I honestly can't remember if I was on at all on Thursday. I will have to catch up later, though.

Elin - I love the necklace. Our weather was miserable hot yesterday too. But we did manage to escape the nasty storms. It thundered for a little while but nothing ever happened.

We have a birthday party this afternoon and it's an hours drive. So I need to get off of here and put some laundry in and vacuum. Have a great Saturday DDA!!:goodvibes

Here is what I did with my spare time yesterday... I got tired of spending $50 for the necklaces that I love to wear and decided to try my hand at one on my own:

IMG_0449.jpg

That is beatiful, Elin! You did a wonderful job.

Good morning everyone! Just a fly by hello as Terra is requesting my presense in the living room. Happy Saturday!

Good Morning DDA,

Elin, I love the necklace.

Robyn - when I saw your post this morning it got me wondering, are you gonna change your name after Lucy's arrival to include her too? Glad to hear that you've gotten some sleep, I remember how hard it was to get comfortable that last month, I would sometimes go to Mom's and "borrow" the waterbed for a nap.

Steffy - Hi, DH makes me think of you when he tells me everyday how many days we have left.

I've been trying to come up with shirt ideas for our trip and I had an idea to make a design with bleach. I printed the outline of a Mickey head on a full sheet label, cut it out and stuck it on a shirt. Then I put some bleach in a small spray bottle and sprayed the design. I immediately removed the sticker and rinsed the shirt out. It worked, but I didn't take overspray into account on my first attempt so the shirt didn't come out very well. I decided to give it another try and cover all the exposed areas of the shirt, I also thought I would try cutting out 2007 and placing the stickers in the middle of the Mickey head. This is the result:

lvnv-2.jpg

It's a simple design but I like it.

Oh, my! I would have had some very special words for that little girl while she sat by herself in a "naughty chair"! None of my kids (DS and my charges) are allowed to say shut up OR idiot. And if one of them said it in public they would be in gigantic trouble. I think I would have told her mom "Oh, I am afraid DD didn't enjoy the party very much! She used horrible language and was very rude and disrespectful so she had to sit out most of the time. I am sure she is just tired and doesn't usually behave that way." Insert icy stare and tight little smile.
Arabella Razor Claws went to the vet today for her 2nd round of kitten vaccinations. The vet said he can tell from her face that she is full of mischief. He doesn't know the half of it!:rotfl2: She jumped up in bed with me about 2:55, and she proceeded to lick, bite, prod, etc. until 3:25 when she scratched me HARD across the lip. It isn't bleeding, but it is SORE. At that point I decided I was awake. When I go back to bed I am closing the door and she is going to be OUTSIDE the bedroom!
It was funny, I think the parents knew all too well about their little girl. The dad dropped her off & ran out. When the party was over he came back & very sheepishly said "was everything alright?":rolleyes1 Daniel got an invitation to her party next week...oh we won't be attending that one thank-you-very-much!;)

Sounds like your kitty is putting you thru the mill! Ouch!

IMG_0449.jpg

OMG, Elin that looks like something in a store! You rock woman!!!

I've been trying to come up with shirt ideas for our trip and I had an idea to make a design with bleach. I printed the outline of a Mickey head on a full sheet label, cut it out and stuck it on a shirt. Then I put some bleach in a small spray bottle and sprayed the design. I immediately removed the sticker and rinsed the shirt out. It worked, but I didn't take overspray into account on my first attempt so the shirt didn't come out very well. I decided to give it another try and cover all the exposed areas of the shirt, I also thought I would try cutting out 2007 and placing the stickers in the middle of the Mickey head. This is the result:

lvnv-2.jpg

You did that with bleach? Wow! That looks great!

Good morning, DDA!

That is beatiful, Elin! You did a wonderful job.

It is beautiful! I am sure you will get lots of compliments on it! And won't you feel proud knowing you did it yourself!:thumbsup2

You did that with bleach? Wow! That looks great!

Debbie, that is very cool! I am dangerous with bleach so I don't think I will try that, but it turned out terrific!

Anne Marie - Did you tell the dad she was a demon? Because I would have!:sad2: I don't blame Daniel for wanting to stay away from her!

IMG_0449.jpg

We had nasty weather here yesterday and last evening. Brutal temps and humidity and then horrible thunderstorms. We unplugged all the electronics in the house because the power was bumping and finally did go off for a bit. I had to pick Kristin up from work and the drive home was awful. I couldn't see the road for the downpour and lightning. Very scary. Today is to be a little less hot and humid and I don't think we have any storms in the forecast. My little garden is mashed down flat!

I hope you all have good mornings! :goodvibes:

Great necklace! Glad the weather's looking better!:sunny:

Good Morning DDA,

Elin, I love the necklace.

Robyn - when I saw your post this morning it got me wondering, are you gonna change your name after Lucy's arrival to include her too? Glad to hear that you've gotten some sleep, I remember how hard it was to get comfortable that last month, I would sometimes go to Mom's and "borrow" the waterbed for a nap.

Steffy - Hi, DH makes me think of you when he tells me everyday how many days we have left.

lvnv-2.jpg

Beautiful shirt!

Anne Marie - Speaking of Daniel, have you heard of the Davidson Institute? It is a school in Reno, NV for "profoundly gifted" kids. I saw a thing about it on TV the other night, and I was just looking at their website www.ditd.org to see what it says. The story said the kids who go there all have IQs of at least 160. Very interesting, and reminded me immediately of Daniel and your challenges to find appropriate curriculum for him. Anyway, you might take a peek when you have a minute because it is fascinating.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter