The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

your welcome Mike, he is a Bernerdoodle, we previously had a Bernese Mountain dog and just loved the breed, but wow did he shed, after he passed we decided we didn't want a large dog again and with some research, DW found a cross with a poodle, supposedly wouldn't shed. Well, he is much smaller than Bruce was but, he still professionally competes in shedding. Here is the late Bruce, he is camping somewhere still, he just loved it.

bruce.jpg

Our Harmony was a Border Collie Mix and the only pics we have are hard photos of her ' WookieBear was a Leonberger Shepherd mixResized_IMAG0021_116565209163438.jpg
Lucille says she was my daughter. When we went thru a scare when she had a preliminary Cancer diagnosis I lived on the Serenity Prayer till after her operation revealed her Spleen was becoming a massive fibroid tumor and had to be removed . we had her another 4 years.
Now we have the Kids Sky and Katie who are actual sisters who are a Spaniel Retriever mix Resized_DSCN1447_82303375767802.jpg
Katie the week we got herResized_20181227_144525_117031788684510.jpg
Sky last year at The Fort Dog Park

So no camping this weekend. Tonight is a shrimp boil for dinner, tomorrow steaks are on tap. Need to hit the butcher in the morning for next weekends dinner. Parents will be visiting and I will be smoking dinner.....
Well it has finally cooled off here today. Most of this week is was warmer here than it was in Gulf Shores, and the humidity was crazy.

Yes, if you going to have pets they need the same medical treatments & love we give our two legged kids. Thank you for helping your new puppy to live a great life with a wonderful family! Keep us informed about her health, if possible.

I have sad news to share. During the surgery to correct the PDA yesterday, Willow went into cardiac arrest and the surgeon was unable to revive her. We only had her a very short amount of time, yet we all fell completely in love with her. Melissa, Lauren, Jessica and I are grieving heavily and she left a big hole in our hearts. We plan to have her individually cremated and buried at our home along with a newly planted willow tree.

I am so sorry for your loss! She is a cutie. You can be proud that her last days on earth was with a loving & caring family. Sending y’all a hug,

I hate greatly for your loss, you were being very lovable. It pains us all to hear about this, we have each felt that loss.

I think your choice of burial is very creative. I have buried our last generation of cats and dogs around a Confederate Rose bush here in my yard. Its blumes are large and bright pink, draws attention and keeps me reminded of them.

Anyone remember that pool I was going to put in?

Well, after months of rain, delays by the city and the installer, it seems it is finally happening. Just in time to close it for the Winter.

20190829_074631.jpg

Ian sent me this. I'll be back home from Wisconsin tonight and get to check out my new swimming hole then..

j

Thank you all for your thoughts and love. It's been a rough couple of days, and we will grieve for some time. How quickly we grew used to her presence that her absence is dearly noticed. I know we will rescue again, and we will know when we are ready.

@Teamubr looking forward to seeing your swimmin hole when its done.

Making more progress. They cut off early due to the holiday weekend. The opening in the wall is where the stairs will go.

20190830_101339-1152x560.jpg

20190830_155123-1008x567.jpg

j

Is that stainless?
Looks like it, but I think it is galvanized. I thought I was going to get the poly composite walls. These were a little more expensive, but the pool guy said they are stronger and will hold up a little better without distorting.

j

Jim,

I hope your pool gets finished soon before fall comes.

The delay means I am having to practice my laps in my living room.

70af0f09789d1e6f1fe401056228dd81.jpg

Please let me know when the grand opening is and I will be there to christen it.

9.jpg

Good luck!

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter