The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

Are the pools covered with ice yet?
Almost. :)

It got down close to freezing the other night. Ian said there was frost on his car, so I guess that counts. I did keep the pump running the other night in case it got colder than predicted. Th pool guy said my winter cover should be in next week, so I'll be getting it closed soon. I haven't had time to do much on the deck or landscaping. I threw down 2 bags of grass seed and have been watering it every day for a week, but it may be too cold to get it to germinate.

j

This weekend has us camping north of Green Bay. Tickets to the Packer game tomorrow. Go PACK go. Heading north in about one hour. Still planning on going to the Packer/Kansas City game next Sunday night. Only a six hour drive for us. No camper next week, though. We will have to bleed the veins and add the pink stuff. Sad sad week.

This weekend has us camping north of Green Bay. Tickets to the Packer game tomorrow. Go PACK go. Heading north in about one hour. Still planning on going to the Packer/Kansas City game next Sunday night. Only a six hour drive for us. No camper next week, though. We will have to bleed the veins and add the pink stuff. Sad sad week.
What is the weather like up there this year?

Ok, who got my Chinese test threads removed from the CB? ;)

I know nothing about the 3 threads that showed up last night around 7pm and lasted about 35 minutes.

Myself and other Diser might...or might not, of had a little fun with them before they got the delete.

I'll never tell...

Stopped off at the Kenly N.C. TA truck stop on our way to Disney. Really nice place, probably just as nice as the Iowa 80 truck stop. Took these pics for @PaHunter and @SouthAlabama5er and any one else that has a class 8 truck that I might have forgot about.

View attachment 445504

View attachment 445505

View attachment 445510

View attachment 445516

View attachment 445520

Too shiny for me, have tried to keep the truck blacked out, want to get black rims for her one day. I don't have time to do all that polishing.

We have success on the slide out awnings. I was surprised how easy they were to put on. I brought the camper home Friday after work and intended on installing one of the small ones (8ft). I had Ian helping. We had 3 of the 4 on before it got dark. It was going so well, I forgot to take any pictures. I flipped the camper around in the driveway Saturday morning and installed the 4th awning. I took a bunch of pictures and I'll start a new topic to show the steps and highlight any tricky parts (there weren't many).

20191019_101252-1008x567.jpg

j

We have success on the slide out awnings. I was surprised how easy they were to put on. I brought the camper home Friday after work and intended on installing one of the small ones (8ft). I had Ian helping. We had 3 of the 4 on before it got dark. It was going so well, I forgot to take any pictures. I flipped the camper around in the driveway Saturday morning and installed the 4th awning. I took a bunch of pictures and I'll start a new topic to show the steps and highlight any tricky parts (there weren't many).

View attachment 445831

j
We had them on our last one, would like to have them on this one, but one project at a time.....

Looks good, they are nice for keeping leaves and small sticks from the slide top.

I think if I get slide awnings it will be this Winter if we indeed intend to keep the camper. I am still not sure we wont trade in for something else this winter/early season. Only time will tell.

It is that time of year again, it is Diwali. Happy Diwali everyone. We celebrate at the office and everyone gets dressed up. The food is delicious. It is quite a fun time. Diwali celebrates the light over darkness and is supposed to be a time of forgiveness and new beginnings. Here is this year's Diwali picture and my henna tattoo.

diwali 2019 (2).jpg

henna big.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter