The Dress Shop on Cherry Tree Lane

Oh my gosh- I love that Belle Dress. We were at Disneyland last week and they have a whole store of the dresses at Disney Vault 28 in their DTD, but I did not see that Belle dress. DD tried on the Tiki Room, Haunted Mansion and Orange Bird dresses, but unfortunately for her, and fortunately for my purse, she is between sizes. The XS was too small, but the small was too big. Looking at the Belle dress- it is a totally different style and I bet she would have found one to fit if that one had been there.

TIKI IS BACK!!!!! Today is our last day so I had to stop at DS for the restocking!
Got Tiki and Minnie. Love the fit of Minnie.
They seemed to have a good inventory of Tiki (but who knows how long it will last!)

I was there this morning at 8:45 AM and they were already open. They have a TON of the tiki and orange bird. I got BOTH. I have a friend that just stopped in now at 3:30 and there were still plenty. No clue if they have more shoved in the back but there were a lot.

There were quite a few people carrying PILES of the damned things though. Likely for ebay.

Last edited:

TIKI IS BACK!!!!! Today is our last day so I had to stop at DS for the restocking!
Got Tiki and Minnie. Love the fit of Minnie.
They seemed to have a good inventory of Tiki (but who knows how long it will last!)
So jealous!!!! I want the tiki dress sooooo badly but I won't be at Disney until the end of September. I'm desperately hoping they'll have some left but I doubt it (especially if horrible people keep buying them to sell for $300 on ebay, grrrrr!)

Can anyone talk about the sizing of the tiki dress? I normally wear a straight 14 and wonder if my size would be a L or XL. I read through the thread that the tiki dress has some stretch but want to know what others who might own the dress think. Thank you!!

Can anyone talk about the sizing of the tiki dress? I normally wear a straight 14 and wonder if my size would be a L or XL. I read through the thread that the tiki dress has some stretch but want to know what others who might own the dress think. Thank you!!

I'm usually a 6-8 in dresses and got a medium. Small was too tight in bust.
So I would think XL?

I'm usually between a 14 and 16. The XL is definitely roomy on me.

I'm usually between a 14 and 16. The XL is definitely roomy on me.
i don't wear that size but my thought on that dress is that its cut large in the waist and normal in the chest. I usually wear a medium and had to go down to a small for it to fit right through my waist but it is a bit snug in the chest (i'm a 36C). If you have very large breasts, I might be weary of sizing down.

So jealous!!!! I want the tiki dress sooooo badly but I won't be at Disney until the end of September. I'm desperately hoping they'll have some left but I doubt it (especially if horrible people keep buying them to sell for $300 on ebay, grrrrr!)
I think demand is falling on ebay, as I'm seeing it buy it now for $199 and even a few for make an offer. They had a ton of dresses yesterday so i'm even wondering if the ebay-ers that bought yesterday are going to have trouble selling at elevated prices too.

I leave in just a couple of days, I'm planning on going to DS our first night 8/1, and was planning on checking it out. DD would love that Cinderella dress. If we make it over there I'll try to remember to post how the stock is looking. If people are buying them by the piles, I'm surprised they don't limit how many people can buy. I wouldn't think they would want them sold on eBay like that.

I leave in just a couple of days, I'm planning on going to DS our first night 8/1, and was planning on checking it out. DD would love that Cinderella dress. If we make it over there I'll try to remember to post how the stock is looking. If people are buying them by the piles, I'm surprised they don't limit how many people can buy. I wouldn't think they would want them sold on eBay like that.

Could you please find out what size the Tiki dress fits. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter