The Golf Cart Thread

Ok some body needs to start posting golf cart pics. I had to do a search just to bump it.

Hello old friends. It's been awhile but I still "lurk" from time to time. We sold the Puma last year and I sold the F-250 last month. It makes the Fort seem that much further away than usual. We hope to get back into the camping game next year with an all new rig. We'll have to wait and see.

Anyway, I thought I'd bring this thread back up with pics of our upgraded cart. It now has a 6" lift with 12" wheels and tires. We also replaced the electric motor with a stronger one. It required no wiring upgrades but will still do 22 mph according to the GPS.

Anybody recognize this cart?

GolfCart005.jpg

It's the cart in the original posting of this thread. Only it's sitting in the backyard instead of in front of the Fort. Donnie bought the original wheels and tires and we had to replace the motor since the original went bad. The boys are growing as fast as the cart, too.

Anyway, we went to Disney twice last year and stayed at the Contemporary and at Port Orleans French Quarter. We've vowed not to return until we have another camper and staying at the Fort. It just isn't the same.

Your cart looks good I like the 12" rims. So what kind of truck did you replace the f250 with? I am waiting for the 2011 ford f-350 with the new ford built diesel motor. I heard it will come with 390 hp.

Your cart looks good I like the 12" rims. So what kind of truck did you replace the f250 with? I am waiting for the 2011 ford f-350 with the new ford built diesel motor. I heard it will come with 390 hp.

I haven't replaced it yet. I had two F-250s. Both were in my company name and I just didn't drive it anymore. When I sold it July 8th, I had logged just over 2,000 miles since January 1st. My other F-250 is strictly a work truck. It's a 2004 XL with a service body and the 5.4L. I drive it almost all the time since I'm pretty much working all the time.

From what I've read, that Scorpion engine is going to be amazing. A 6.7L putting out 390 hp with over 700 ft.lbs. of torque. Wow. My only concern is the "first year bugs". We all know how the 2003 6.0Ls were. About half were great, half were miserable. Now Ford's designing their own engine with massive numbers. I hope it works out great but the first year makes me a little nervous.

Jamie I'm still using the tires and rims. The tires are fixing to have to be replaced though. I have a front end problem that chewed them up pretty bad. Tungpo and I (actually Tungpo did all the work) took the front end apart Friday looking for the problem. It started with the passenger front turning in a little. Everytime you turn the tie rod end out and fix it, it turns right back in. Everything is tight and we didn't see anything that would cause this. It's a 2005 Precedent, anybody got any ideas what would do this?

SDC10202-2.jpg

Are the treads stripped on the tie rod or adjustment sleeve. I have seen that before. I have seen it on Brand new cars too where the factory missed threading the inside of the adjustment sleeve.

Are the treads stripped on the tie rod or adjustment sleeve. I have seen that before. I have seen it on Brand new cars too where the factory missed threading the inside of the adjustment sleeve.

The threads are good and Ron locked the tie rod ends down with the locker nut. I forgot to mention, it's become undrivable. When we took it for a test drive the tire turned in and almost slung Ron out of the cart. Until the problem is resolved and I put a few miles on it I probably won't even carray a passenger. It's got to be the weirdest thing you've ever seen. If you overcompensate and turn it out too much it stays that way. Not sure where to go next. We changed the front leaf spring and all the bushings. There's not much else up there that could cause it.

I'm working the fire station today and showed your posts to my Captain. He has his own golf cart business. He said he's heard several issues with putting lifts on Precedents. Unfortunately, he also stated the only thing he's heard to help is replace the bushings and you've already done that.

Sorry I couldn't help anymore than that.

I'm working the fire station today and showed your posts to my Captain. He has his own golf cart business. He said he's heard several issues with putting lifts on Precedents. Unfortunately, he also stated the only thing he's heard to help is replace the bushings and you've already done that.

Sorry I couldn't help anymore than that.

Even the non lifted Precedents wear bushings out bad. I'm not sure where to go from here. The lift is a Jakes. Has he heard anything that can be done to solve problems on them?

I went about a month or so and my carts batteries got so weak I had to push it up the drive.

I plugged my charger in and no charge.

I spoke with someone and they told me that if your batteries have gotten so low without a charge, the charger will not work.

Anyone have any ideas?

The abtteries are Trojans and about 4 years old

Never heard that about the batteries being so low they won't charge. Maybe the batteries have gone bad but I'm no expert.

I'd check my water levels and all my connections. Then try charging. If they still don't charge, I'd have each one tested.

Allowing a battery system to become excessively discharged for extended periods will almost always result in permanent irreversible damage to the batteries, which eventually results in costly battery replacement.

DO NOT ADD WATER TO A DISCHARGED BATTERY and NEVER OVER-FILL A BATTERY. Water should only be added to a battery when the battery is at or near full charge.

Taken from...... http://www.nicksgolfcarts.com/batterycare.php

I went about a month or so and my carts batteries got so weak I had to push it up the drive.

I plugged my charger in and no charge.

I spoke with someone and they told me that if your batteries have gotten so low without a charge, the charger will not work.

Anyone have any ideas?

The abtteries are Trojans and about 4 years old
If the batteries get too low, yes, the charger will not turn on. This has happen to me so I bought an automatic 12volt charger and charged just two batteries at a time. ( I have a 36 volt system, so this only works for that volt system ) Disconnect the positive cable from the first battery and the negative from the last. Take the connecting cable between the batteries off so only two batteries are connected together ( 12 volts ). As long as the batteries were never frozen, charge them at 10 amps until the charger says full then move to the next two and repeat until all six are charged. Then your automatic golf cart charger should work again.

I will be picking up the new to me cart this weekend and will be posting its progress from its old glory to the new glory on this thread. Thanks for finding it again.

This thread needed to come back. bring on the pics.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter