The Golf Cart Thread

I never thought I want to own a truck...was always the sports car type if I had a car at all. There were many many years that all I owned were motorcycles...rain or shine...thats how I was getting to work! After I got to hanging around these boards and got my cart...and started giving some real thought to eventually buying some kind of camper...I figured "what the hell...its the practical thing to do!" NOW.....I cant believe Ive wasted so much money on little cars that I never even knew I wasnt feeling safe in...I had no idea what power was...I thought speed meant power, I was sooooo wrong!! These guys here talked me into an F150...and I absolutely LOVE it, and will never go back to driving a car again. I always would end up needing a truck here and there, to transport crap from home depot, or furniture, or whatever, and would have to find a friend who trusted me enough to lend me his....now its not even a thought. Its always there...waiting to go to work for me....waiting to have the pleasure of hauling BIG CRAP or me. I love my truck. I know that sounds corny...but I really do!

Best thing is you can ride it all day long.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lmao:

Oh yeah... I remember the days I could ride it all day long. Now I'm doing good to get the ol' girl out every 6-8 weeks! Wait, uh, what were we talking about again?

Ok, change of subject.

I am inches away from buying a utility trailer, probably a 5x8. DW thinks it is to support her gardening hobby, but I know the truth... this is a stepping-stone to getting a CART for the FORT! (oh, shhhh, a cart for the Fort). Don't let her know how my plan is coming together!

What ? Do you mean this old Harley ?

Picture471.jpg

OUCH!!!!! I like that bike. The paint job is hot.

with 4 kids the cart was somthing that the family could use, so my harley will have to wait a little longer. Like after my next cart and toy hauler 5th wheel, and the new truck to pull it.

Oh yeah and the 4 kids have to get to college, and I guess they will want to eat.

It never ends!!!!!!! :rotfl2:

In high school I didn't even owna a car I rode my MC to school every day rain, shine or snow. When the Fonz did it every one thought it was cool.:cool1: Where I live they made fun of me:confused3
The below zero and ice were interesting.

Best part about the bed is my new toy will fit in it with the tail gate closed!!!!

tiggntaz-albums-03-club-car-before-painting-picture1919-parksm.jpg
Cart looks good. Good job:thumbsup2
:banana: Well, I did all my homework, asked lots of questions and finally decided to have our golf cart modified. We are taking it on Monday and should have it back by next weekend!! :banana: I can't wait to post my before and after pictures. :yay:

Thanks guys for all your advice.
Waiting for the pic'spopcorn::
I never thought I want to own a truck...was always the sports car type if I had a car at all. There were many many years that all I owned were motorcycles...rain or shine...thats how I was getting to work! After I got to hanging around these boards and got my cart...and started giving some real thought to eventually buying some kind of camper...I figured "what the hell...its the practical thing to do!" NOW.....I cant believe Ive wasted so much money on little cars that I never even knew I wasnt feeling safe in...I had no idea what power was...I thought speed meant power, I was sooooo wrong!! These guys here talked me into an F150...and I absolutely LOVE it, and will never go back to driving a car again. I always would end up needing a truck here and there, to transport crap from home depot, or furniture, or whatever, and would have to find a friend who trusted me enough to lend me his....now its not even a thought. Its always there...waiting to go to work for me....waiting to have the pleasure of hauling BIG CRAP or me. I love my truck. I know that sounds corny...but I really do!
Once you have a truck there is just no going back. Glad you like it.
Oh yeah... I remember the days I could ride it all day long. Now I'm doing good to get the ol' girl out every 6-8 weeks! Wait, uh, what were we talking about again?

Ok, change of subject.

I am inches away from buying a utility trailer, probably a 5x8. DW thinks it is to support her gardening hobby, but I know the truth... this is a stepping-stone to getting a CART for the FORT! (oh, shhhh, a cart for the Fort). Don't let her know how my plan is coming together!

You might want to get a little bit bigger trailer if you plan on hauling a cart on it. I remember the cart you wanted to build and it will most likely be bigger then 5'x8'. My cart is 5'x8' and I can remove the rear foot rest. Plus if you went a couple of feet longer you could mount a truck type tool box on it for extra storage. For bringing stuff to FW like your campsite decorations or coolers full of drinks. Just my 2 cents.

I agree, I have a 5x10 trailer for the golf cart and it fits with just enough extra room to load up a bike or three. I think it might be too tight on a 5x8 if you add on a rear seat or the cart becomes a sled!! :goodvibes

And, of course, I'm reading this just AFTER making an offer on a 5x8! Oh well, I guess I can always leave the lift gate down! The width is ok, isn't it? I will be using low profile wheels not the big knobbys that are so popular.

The width is fine...the LENGTH is perfect for a non-Santa cart....but what fun would THAT be???

:banana: Well, I did all my homework, asked lots of questions and finally decided to have our golf cart modified. We are taking it on Monday and should have it back by next weekend!! :banana: I can't wait to post my before and after pictures. :yay:

Thanks guys for all your advice.

Damit man i wish i was doing the work:headache:

Picture001.jpg

Thats a sweet bike. But my leggs are too short for it. So I guess I'll keep mine.

Damit man i wish i was doing the work:headache:

Picture001.jpg

Nice bike we almost bought the same bike in silver/blue a few years back. But I figured we should replace the wifes jeep(175,000 miles). So no bike instead we bought her a dodge diesel 4x4. I think it was the smart decision. Even car pooling she puts about 30,000 miles a year on her truck and we take my truck every where. Hers is just for going to work really. I only put about 10,000 miles a year on my truck and that includes a 2,000 mile round trip to disney.

Nice springer...I love the spiked forward controls!!!....I think I had those same mirrors, Arlen Ness?

BigDaddyRog:

100_3662-1.jpg

"Have you gps'd for speed yet? Mine was only going 12mph when I first got it....I bought a new controller...now its going a whopping 16mph!!! Watch-out....I could run a grammaw over...as soon as I catch up to one!!!"

tiggntaz-albums-03-club-car-aq0322-290633-48volt-picture1919-parksm.jpg

I used Stacktester's GPS and it is running at 15 Mph. Stock motor and controller, all I did was add new batteries and the 6" jakes lift with the 22" tires.

Looks like come October we can cruise with each other while big boys and their 30 Mph cart drive circles around us.

THANKS AGAIN STACKTESTER AND TUNGPO!!!!!!!

Well The cart is reaady for the fort. Just needs a wash on Sat befroe I put it in the back of the truck. I found some mud and my 4 boys twisted my arm to run throught it. :rotfl2:

I added a small 12 volt battery to run the head lights and tail lights. That way I can loop all night long.

tiggntaz-albums-03-club-car-aq0322-290633-48volt-picture1953-head-lights-1.jpg

tiggntaz-albums-03-club-car-aq0322-290633-48volt-picture1954-tail-lights1.jpg

Tigg, looks great. Mine is in the shop and I'm dying to see it done. Unfortunately, it won't be going to the Fort until December but it will get lots of use here in the mountains.

She's back!!! After a complete frame off restoration (can you tell we are into classic cars?) The entire cart was taken apart, and the only four items that were not replaced were the motor, the seats, the windshield and the lights.

Thanks again for all of your advice and answers. I can't believe it's the same cart and I can't wait to take her to The Fort! :banana:

BEFORE:

DSCN2883.jpg

AFTER:

DSCN2888.jpg

DSCN2890.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter