The Last Trip: An (Eastern) Fantasy Food Adventure-Bonus Feature, Pam & Her Mom Pt 2 Sept 17 the end

Great updates! I was very behind! :blush:

Your sunrise pics are gorgeous! I love a good sunrise. :cloud9:

Cove Cafe looks great! I should have gone there and got better coffee. The room service coffee is terrible. :scared:

Fuuuun in the Castaway Club! Ooo la la! The drinks look fantastic!

I am so glad you're going to the band conference. :woohoo:

Another DISser and meeeeeeeeeee last weekend. We did not take one pic of all of us. Darn!

::yes:: I hope we are the believable offer to help you move. We will be there May 19-27. We have plans the 20th and 26th and other than finding a place to live, we are all yours.

We have Wine Country and a Mexico Disney Cruise for 2019! Don't forget that. party:

Palo, Mixology, muddling, great pics!

Last edited:
Love the update! A menu for Palo brunch is something new for us - even on the Fantasy they had always had the plates with the food on display - learn something new every day. And brunch looks YUM!
How fun that you got to go to Mixology after it - we usually go to a tasting after Palo as well - it greatly helps that you "pour" that alcohol on top of all the food. ;)

Oh, and btw - since you make travel plans for 2018 - is there any way we can bribe you and Fran to take a cruise on the Fantasy in summer of 2018? I am sure Pam and JJ would love that too!

Palo Brunch and mixology, pretty much my idea of a perfect sea day on Disney :thumbsup2

I thought it was a lot of fun!

Yum yum you two made some great choices for brunch!

Those are pretty much our "go to" items, but I'd never had the waffle before, they don't offer it on the Wonder.

Looking at your photos for mixology I thought "that bartender looks familiar" but when I got to the part about balancing I realized, he didn't host our mixology but he did do the rum tasting my dh did later in the week (as I looked back at the photos he took), so now I'm even more sad I didn't do rum as that guy looks like a hoot!

He was a blast. One of the first things he said was that we were all there to "get drunk! So let's get started!"

Honestly for $20pp it really is one of the BEST deals on a Disney cruise, isn't it?:cheer2:

It really is and so much fun to start off a sea day on the cruise, gets you all ready to relax and have fun.

It practically sold itself.

Which is why I couldn't resist breaking that moratorium. :rolleyes1

I'd help too...
Hey! I could! Just pay my airfare!

No?

I hear United is offering some airfare deals. :rolleyes1

See previous comment.

But seriously. I looked up the price of a flight from Winnipeg to LAX. Boy you traveled here at an expensive time. I remember what the fares were a few months out. This weekend they were similarly priced, but then I looked at the end of May and found some as low as $350 RT.

True. You like to parade around in the nude and I wear the same pair of shorts day in day out for months.

Yeah....sort of a strange mix. If I ever book a 2 bedroom by mistake again, I'll keep you in mind. But that's a story for the other TR.

Oh! Forgot.... I'll get back to you on that....

ETA: Nothing jumped out at me. I give up. Which?

The one from the swamp tour and the one with us and our instruments in the picture. I removed the conductor of our band from the picture, I think I told you that story about him....

That's great!

Still wish I could help you guys out though.

Let's hope we don't need it. Sunday we are going to be on top of it! I promise!

That should be good. A lot of people up here would love to do just that.

I haven't been in over 10 years or more it's time to go back.

Why wouldn't you?
Serious question.

Well I'm not sure why someone wouldn't, but I suppose if they had a compromised immune system, or very specific dietary needs they might just order from the menu explaining their food issues. Or if you have a really limited appetite and know that you can only eat a limited amount and have your heart set on something on the menu.

I'll start with those shrimp if you don't mind.

This time get your own!

mmmm.... love those.

::yes::

I can actually see both sides here.

That's very diplomatic of you.

That's an option?

To heck with the shrimp!

I thought you knew she always get the Bennies.

Good! I love making it.... but the rest of the family is very "meh" about it.
So... I don't do it very often.

That's too bad. I'm struggling with what to make tonight. I don't want to cook what was on the schedule. I've moved it to Sunday, so now I have to figure out something. I'll be going out to the freezer soon.

One of these things is not like the other...

Obviously a child of the Sesame Street era.

I suspect that the majority of passengers say the same thing.

We actually had that exact discussion before the Mixology class started. Several people from the class were in Palo when we were. We agreed that if you don't leave stuffed, you're not doing it right.

Rum. Of course.

More rum.

I did think of you....

Okay, now that is a great shot of you!
Look at that smile!! :)

Thank you. That's the shot where you can see my pendant a little better.

And a great one of the two of you!

Thanks! :goodvibes

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say crème de cassis tastes like rum.

:rolleyes1

I don't know. I can't seem to taste essence of coconut in tropical drinks, so don't ask me.

I wonder why that is? Availability? Hmmm....

Supposedly you can't smell vodka on the breath, so everyone having the three Martini lunches took up drinking vodka. :confused3

Okay, that sounded good.

It was! :teeth:

There. That's better. I don't like coffee either.

So you're batting 1 out of 5, probably not the best class for you....

That's a very reasonable amount given the fun and the number of drinks.

It really was. We were laughing a lot of the time, especially when our side of the room was pouring stiff drinks!

What?!?!? I'm shocked!

I know, you'd never expect that from Fran!

I hear United is offering some airfare deals. :rolleyes1

You really want me there, huh?
Just ask! You don't have to drag me, kicking and screaming you know.

But seriously. I looked up the price of a flight from Winnipeg to LAX. Boy you traveled here at an expensive time. I remember what the fares were a few months out. This weekend they were similarly priced, but then I looked at the end of May and found some as low as $350 RT.

Hmmm.... End of May isn't gonna work for me, though.

Poop.

If I ever book a 2 bedroom by mistake again, I'll keep you in mind. But that's a story for the other TR.

Book one with a corner Jacuzzi in my room by mistake too.

The one from the swamp tour and the one with us and our instruments in the picture. I removed the conductor of our band from the picture, I think I told you that story about him....

Going back to look.

OMG! How did I not see that! Must've been more tired than I thought.
Well, if I didn't notice it then... Good job! :)

Well I'm not sure why someone wouldn't, but I suppose if they had a compromised immune system, or very specific dietary needs they might just order from the menu explaining their food issues. Or if you have a really limited appetite and know that you can only eat a limited amount and have your heart set on something on the menu.

That makes sense.

This time get your own!

<pouts>

That's very diplomatic of you.

I typically am.

I thought you knew she always get the Bennies.

I should have remembered that.

Obviously a child of the Sesame Street era.

I just recently learned (from Kay)
that they changed some music
for Canadian distribution of the show.
(Not the theme song, but (I presume) patriotic music.)

I did think of you....

:) But not enough to demand non-rum filled drinks!

Thank you. That's the shot where you can see my pendant a little better.

Going back to look....

Poop. Even zoomed in I can't make it out very well.

Supposedly you can't smell vodka on the breath, so everyone having the three Martini lunches took up drinking vodka. :confused3

:laughing: Makes sense!

So you're batting 1 out of 5, probably not the best class for you....

Possibly not.
I'm a lightweight when it comes to booze anyways.
As you probably noticed.

Your meal at Palo looked delicious but no strawberry soup huh?

The mixology class looked like a lot of fun!

Or I could just take you guys out for dinner.

Or we could do both!

It's gonna be a while! It was on the last day.

I hope you still remember (no notes and all).

Carry on, but... yup.

See but you wear the same pair of shorts for the whole trip. For the benefit of those nearby, I can't even wear things two days in a row.

They frown on you putting the butter in your pocket but are okay with an entire waffle iron?

Odd.

OK, I reread my post several times and it was clear that my "it" referred to the butter, not the waffle iron. You're just being weird or trying to goad me into calling you a jerk. So I'll just let it go!

Or point me in the direction of a good pie place and I'll bring one.

I will have to think hard about this. I know where we get good peach and strawberry pies. And Knott’s is the place for Boysenberry pie, but I guess Fran is not big on apple pie since we haven't had one in a while. It used to be the only kind of pie I would eat.

It was? What did you do?
(Whatever it was... it was a good job.)

I was referring to the pendant I purchased earlier in the cruise.

Nah. She has a standard answer for that question.
So do I.

That makes sense. Any International Woman of Mystery needs a backstory.

Well now that I realize she has a tale that she weaves, anything is possible, so no worries.

Might be easier... and more dangerous!

Or just fun.

Or a blessing in disguise!

:laughing:

Nice update!

Beautiful view from your table

Thanks! I was rather pleased with the view!

This next one looks good, I like fruity drinks.

They were all good!

Nice pic of the two of you

Thank you.

I love this one, Chambord is one of the first alcohol drinks I ever had (Legally...). Chambord and 7 up used to be my go-to drink. I have since branched out, LOL.

Huh. I'd never heard of it until Fran had a bottle in her liquor cabinet.

The mixology classes look like fun. We did a Martini tasting on our 2013 cruise on Norwegian Cruise Line. It was fun, but I think it would be more fun to get to watch them being made and maybe make some yourself. These were already made and came out all on a cute little tray.

It's definitely more fun when you get to be in on the drink making!

Or we could do both!

Sure!

I hope you still remember (no notes and all).

Oh I will..... It's one of the things I talked about quite a bit to people who ask me how the trip was.

OK, I reread my post several times and it was clear that my "it" referred to the butter, not the waffle iron. You're just being weird or trying to goad me into calling you a jerk. So I'll just let it go!

Well, I've been called worse, so if you want to call me a jerk... go right ahead!

And see???? I told you!

I will have to think hard about this. I know where we get good peach and strawberry pies. And Knott’s is the place for Boysenberry pie, but I guess Fran is not big on apple pie since we haven't had one in a while. It used to be the only kind of pie I would eat.

mmmmm..... peach and strawberry? Yes! Boysenberry? Never had that one. Want to!

That makes sense. Any International Woman of Mystery needs a backstory.

That sounds good.

Even better.

But I'm hoping we're done before those offers come to fruition.

Oh, that should be a wonderful trip.

And it's giving me something to plan!

I can see that this is more practical, but I like the other approach better.

I do too. I had no idea what to expect with my Mickey waffles, so I would have liked it if I had an example to look at.

That surprises me.

Yeah I expected the Fantasy to have a larger selection, but some of the additions they had on the Wonder last summer were nowhere to be found.

I could eat chocolate covered strawberries at any time of the day or night and before, during or after the meal.

I guess I'm just weird. I need to eat in order.

That looks delicious.

It was, but I was so full, I could only manage a few bites.

This is a view to behold.

It was pretty impressive.

I think I prefer the other approach.

I liked this one better, it got everyone a little more involved, even Fran was engaged instead of reading her book.

That looks delicious.

That's probably the one I would be most likely to make at home.

I agree and for once I would have liked every one of the drinks and every one would have been safe for me.

Cool! I'm so glad I don't have serious food allergies.

Well, that's an interesting comparison!

Just being honest.

No strawberry soup? How did you even get her there?

Well she made it clear she was unhappy with their decision to get rid of it.

It all looks delicious. I'm glad he got you a sample to try.

Everything there is just so good, I often wish I had a spare stomach.

At least you have something to soak up the alcohol.

That was a big part of the plan.

Hmmm... whiskey and rum are typically my top choices.

Vodka is somewhere around "nope, not gonna happen."

There was a bad night in college with cheap vodka.

I've avoided that stuff ever since.

That's Gin for me, but it was in High School.

That definitely does seem like a great deal to get some drinks and some entertainment. I would have never considered doing something like this, but having seen your experiences, I think this is something I'd like to try if I ever go on a cruise.

It's a great "adult" event, even better if your kids like the clubs!

YAY! That sounds like great news. Hope it all works out.

I hope so, it's really tedious having this hanging over our heads.

OMG! I love the drink combo's. That would have been such a fun mixology to go to. And such a great deal!

You could have been, what do you call it, a screaming teapot?

Mixology looks like so much fun. Without having tried those drinks I'm thinking I would love the Disney Stingray. Anything that has rum and is fruity is my kind of drink. :drinking1

I really liked all of them, I'm not a sweet drink person, in fact I'm more into the more puckery drinks.

Great picture of the two of you at Mixology! We didn't do it on our cruise, on the list for next time!

For our last two cruises, mixology is the only drink tasting we've done and I'm OK with that.

Great updates! I was very behind! :blush:

Your sunrise pics are gorgeous! I love a good sunrise. :cloud9:

As you know I rarely see sunsets... :rolleyes1

Cove Cafe looks great! I should have gone there and got better coffee. The room service coffee is terrible. :scared:

Five years ago, I didn't seem to mind it, but it was awful on the Baja cruise. Since then I've been a Cove regular.

Fuuuun in the Castaway Club! Ooo la la! The drinks look fantastic

It was very subdued, but drinks were flowing!

I am so glad you're going to the band conference. :woohoo:

Me too!

Another DISser and meeeeeeeeeee last weekend. We did not take one pic of all of us. Darn!

No, we forgot. :sad:

::yes:: I hope we are the believable offer to help you move. We will be there May 19-27. We have plans the 20th and 26th and other than finding a place to live, we are all yours.

Yes, both of you actually, but I'm really hoping we're done before you get back.

We have Wine Country and a Mexico Disney Cruise for 2019! Don't forget that. party:

Nope! I won't forget!

Palo, Mixology, muddling, great pics!

:thumbsup2

Love the update! A menu for Palo brunch is something new for us - even on the Fantasy they had always had the plates with the food on display - learn something new every day. And brunch looks YUM!

I think they added the menu when they changed it. I wonder if the Wonder has a menu now too...

How fun that you got to go to Mixology after it - we usually go to a tasting after Palo as well - it greatly helps that you "pour" that alcohol on top of all the food. ;)

Yes, a good meal at Palo sets you up to be able to drink a lot.

Oh, and btw - since you make travel plans for 2018 - is there any way we can bribe you and Fran to take a cruise on the Fantasy in summer of 2018? I am sure Pam and JJ would love that

:rolleyes1

:welcome: I have a cruise out of San Diego next fall provided we get the last of our stuff out of our old apartment! We have two months and a few days left to get it done![/QUOTE]

This fall or 2018? We are sept 17,17

How nice a Palo brunch. The buffet display looks good. Lovely Lorenz brought chocolate covered strawberry!

Jo loves those Palo eggs benedict. Me I am with you and waffle lady!
Chicken parmigiana nice choice def want it super thin.

Sticky bun!

Mixology bar looks good all set up. $20 pp very good value! Sounds like a great morning and afternoon.

Enjoying your report. I also take photos of all the carpets! And Hidden Mickeys, and lots of the art, and lights, and and and :)

Thanks! I just like taking random shots around the ship. I believe that I have more.

You really want me there, huh?
Just ask! You don't have to drag me, kicking and screaming you know.

I definitely want you to come back. Unfortunately buying you a plane ticket is not going to happen. The image of you being dragged kicking and screaming. :scratchin :laughing: Of course without the concussion and broken nose. :flower3

Hmmm.... End of May isn't gonna work for me, though.

Poop.

That's OK, I wouldn't want to explain to Fran why we're buying airfare.

Book one with a corner Jacuzzi in my room by mistake too.

Mine doesn't even have a corner jacuzzi, just a standard tub.

Going back to look.

OMG! How did I not see that! Must've been more tired than I thought.
Well, if I didn't notice it then... Good job! :)

It's that whole reading in the middle of the night when your eyes are glazed over.

You're a big boy.....

Aren't you?

I typically am.

It doesn't surprise me.

I should have remembered that.

Especially you who always comments on them.

I just recently learned (from Kay)
that they changed some music
for Canadian distribution of the show.
(Not the theme song, but (I presume) patriotic music.)

Huh. It was so long ago I watched it, I hardly remember any of the segments or music. But odd that Kay still watches it. Isn't she a tad bit old?

:) But not enough to demand non-rum filled drinks!

I like rum!

Going back to look....

Poop. Even zoomed in I can't make it out very well.

Check out my profile pic on FB.

Possibly not.
I'm a lightweight when it comes to booze anyways.
As you probably noticed.

I did not witness you exhibiting impaired behavior, but that can't be said for everyone in our party. :rolleyes1

Your meal at Palo looked delicious but no strawberry soup huh?

They took it off the menu last November.

The mixology class looked like a lot of fun!

It's our favorite of all the tasting options.

Scrumptious brunch! We get to go together next year!!! :cool1: party: :banana:

We like it as a first day tradition! We'll have to do dinner too, it will be our first cruise as Platinum!

ETA: That is provided we get to take the EBPC....

We like it as a first day tradition! We'll have to do dinner too, it will be our first cruise as Platinum!

ETA: That is provided we get to take the EBPC....

Of course dinner too!

Fingers crossed you can do the PC, it's such an awesome cruise.

I definitely want you to come back. Unfortunately buying you a plane ticket is not going to happen. The image of you being dragged kicking and screaming. :scratchin :laughing: Of course without the concussion and broken nose. :flower3

a-fight-club-meme-slamming-united-captures-a-disturbing-truth-about-airlines-and-people-who-fly-coach.jpg

That's OK, I wouldn't want to explain to Fran why we're buying airfare.

Tell her it's for me. I bet she'd be okay with it.

Mine doesn't even have a corner jacuzzi, just a standard tub.

I don't mind if your room doesn't. :rolleyes2

It's that whole reading in the middle of the night when your eyes are glazed over.

Well..... yeah.

You're a big boy.....

Aren't you?

Physically or emotionally?

Especially you who always comments on them.

I'm supposed to remember, too????

Huh. It was so long ago I watched it, I hardly remember any of the segments or music. But odd that Kay still watches it. Isn't she a tad bit old?

Oh, no. She had a Jazz musician come to her school. He wrote some of the music for it.
I think he played with... Benny Goodman? Someone well known like that.

Check out my profile pic on FB.

Oh! Okay! Will do.

I did not witness you exhibiting impaired behavior, but that can't be said for everyone in our party. :rolleyes1

That's because I don't drink much. That's what I meant.

Oh I will..... It's one of the things I talked about quite a bit to people who ask me how the trip was.

:headache: And now it will be forever until we hear about it! You still have two trips before this one!

Well, I've been called worse, so if you want to call me a jerk... go right ahead!

I didn't actually call you a jerk, just said you were trying to make me do it.

And see???? I told you!

I never said I agreed.

mmmmm..... peach and strawberry? Yes! Boysenberry? Never had that one. Want to!

Well if you want to take us to dinner, you can take us to Knott’s. We can have fried chicken dinner and Boysenberry pie for dessert!

A one-pot screamer.

LOL!!!!

I knew it hadidn't something to do with screaming pots!

This fall or 2018? We are sept 17,17

It will be the EBPC, departing Oct 28, 17. That is if we get moved out of our old home.

How nice a Palo brunch. The buffet display looks good. Lovely Lorenz brought chocolate covered strawberry!

I can't wait to have another Palo Brunch!

Jo loves those Palo eggs benedict. Me I am with you and waffle lady!
Chicken parmigiana nice choice def want it super thin.

I like the Eggs Benedict too, but I knew I could only eat so much. I wanted to try the waffle and definitely the chicken parm.

Sticky bun!

I knew you'd like that!

Mixology bar looks good all set up. $20 pp very good value! Sounds like a great morning and afternoon.

It was great! Good food and plenty of drink!

"Former" Diser here and playing catch up! I had so much fun last weekend!

Jill in CO

:welcome: I had a blast too!

Of course dinner too!

Fingers crossed you can do the PC, it's such an awesome cruise.

Hopefully now that we're done with F&W, we'll get it done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter