The LONGEST PTR ever...2012 here we come! :) *DATES!! PG 10*

So last night, 74 days out, I got an email from Frontier saying my flight info had changed. So, I log on and see that they've changed our flight time to 1:11pm. What?!? 5 hours later than what we booked? What gives?

After tweeting to them (and posting on their FB page), their excuse was "we make changes based on operational need". So...ummm...they're telling me that 3 days before Christmas, on a Saturday morning, the don't need an early flight to SNA now? Ok. Seem legit. Not. While I STILL don't understand that...I'm past it now.

I chatted with (via tweet DM's) a very nice rep. Asked what my options were if I didn't accept the new flight change. They could get us on one of 2 8:40 am flights with United or UsAirways. Ok. It's an option. But, not the greatest because I have no idea if we'll be able to sit together if we make that change.

So, because I had posted to Frontiers FB page, mom saw it today whilst looking at FB at lunch. I had intended to talk to her when she got home from work. Luckily, she's pretty chill about it. And she and I decide we're going to roll with the change. In the grand scheme of things, it's a better deal anyway. We'll be able to sleep in a bit (let's face it though, none of us will sleep past 7am that day...I mean, no one does when they know they're headed to Disney, right?), we're still sitting together (whereas if we would have chose to have them book us on United or UsAir, there was not promise of that), we'll get to Calif around 2:30, hopefully by the time we get to our hotel we'll be able to check into our room and take our luggage/bags up, and we'll end up saving about $70 (between the 5 of us) on our passes as we'll go with 4 day hoppers instead of 5.

I'm happy with our decision...and really proud of myself for not going mental over it. :)

73 days to go. Do you think it's too early to start packing?!? :scratchin ;) :rotfl: :rotfl2:

ETA: I suppose there was a reason to drag my feet after all in booking our shuttle.

Oh my gosh, you're back! And you'll finally be going back, yay!

It's never too early to start packing.

I hope everything with your flights work out and nothing too big happens to it again.

Yuki, yes! I am back...every now and again. LOL. Since I'm not babysitting anymore...I've been in the gym while Keegan is in school. :)

Anywho! Flights worked out fine. We rolled with the change. And while we would have LIKED to have been there bright an early, we figured now we can sleep in a little...and not have to rush getting to the airport before the sun comes up.

Plus, we saved on park tickets two times. 1) By not going with 5 day passes. And 2) we bought our tix for $259.99 a person at Costco (4 day hoppers).

So. Let's do the run down:

1) Hotel booked (will be paid upon check-out)
2) Plane fare bought (w/slight departure day time change)
3) Passes purchased
4) Breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen booked for 12/24 at 7:30am (I was super stoked to get the time I wanted...not used to that, lol)
5) Reserved airport parking here (gotta park the car somewhere cheap and easy to get to, lol)

Still left to do:
1) Book the shuttle from/to the airport in Cali (I know. I'm such a slacker on this one)
2) PACK! I've been saying for a few weeks I'm going to start packing now...one piece of clothing/item at a time...then I'll be packed for the trip by departure day.
3) Make our Mickey head Christmas wreath for our hotel window. I have all the supplies, I just need to sit down and get tracing, cutting, and making.
4) I'd LIKE to get our scrap book complete from our 2008 trip before we go in 52 days...it's only 4 years in the making. :P

That being said, we are 52 days away from our trip. I can't believe how quickly time is going now. But I'm so excited. :)

43 days!

And I feel like I have so much to do still. When in reality it's not a LOT to do...it's just time consuming for the few things I need to do. But, I'll get it done. Just need to get off the computer long enough to get things started. LOL

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

38 days!

Still need to book the shuttle.

It's been on the back burner because I've been dealing with shoulder/neck pain...which we can't figure out the cause of. :( Went to the ER Friday...saw a doctor for maybe 5 minutes...was given vicoden, muscle relaxer, and prednisone. Was not a pleasant weekend because I felt so loopy and out of it. Getting back to normal today...only taking the vicoden and muscle relaxer as/if needed. Hoping upon hope that my doctor can help me out...because I want to go to Disneyland and ENJOY myself. Not be restricted with what I can/can't ride because of neck/shoulder pain. Then again, if I take my vicoden and muscle relaxers with me...it might not be so bad. But, I need a pill splitter if I'm going to take it with me. Full pills and me...do not mix well.

Ok. Enough about me. So ready for the trip. ^_^

Had my follow up with my doctor. Walked out feeling MUCH better than the ER docs made me feel (ER summed up: I feel like they heard I was in pain, didn't investigate why, just got me doped up on drugs and out of there quickly). My doc says it sounds like I've been sleeping wrong or was in need of a new pillow or something...as it's muscle strain in my neck. He prescribed me a lower dose muscle relaxer (5mg vs the 750mg from the ER) and 800mg of advil as needed. So now, I won't have to cut my dose of muscle relaxer to keep from feeling loopy if needed. And I feel better about taking the meds with me on our trip should I need them. Such a relief. The only thing I need to do is call next week and see when I can get in with a physical therapist...as my doctor suggested that or a chiropractor for my pain. I would rather see a physical therapist and learn how to stretch/strenghten my neck/shoulder muscles to handle the pain then have to go see a chiro once a month to "fix" me so I'm not in pain.

Anywho! Disney update: we booked our shuttle from/to the airport last night!! :) I don't believe there is anything left to do booking wise...so we're pretty much set now! ^_^

34 days!!

Disneyland PhotoPass+

Going to preorder this in the next couple of weeks for $69.95. I know we didn't have a TON of pics at WDW...and we may not have a TON at DL...HOWEVER, the package includes pics at some attractions, character spots, character dining, as well as the traditional photogs in the parks. This will be a GREAT thing so that we can get pics of all of us together this trip. :)

13 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana:

Just bought our PhotoPass+. Crossing my fingers it's here in time...we are exactly 2 weeks away from our trip...so...we should be good.

Can't believe that at this time in 2 weeks...we will be in Cali...maybe perusing Downtown Disney...or getting to bed early so we're ready for the parks the next day. :)

Also...

I finished my Mickey Head wreath. And it turned out SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute!!

IMG_20121130_091039.jpg

So I apologize! I totally missed out on posting my Single Digit post. :(

Sadly, it was due to car troubles. We found out this week that my car is basically a ticking time bomb. I had a belt that runs the water pump replaced (as it was just shredded and caused my car to nearly overheat on me). Then we had them run a full diagnostic and found out that my breaks needs work, my rear suspension could go at any time, I need filters replaced, sensors replaced...just a boat load of stuff...meaning it's really not safe for me to drive even 8 miles a day to get Keegan back and forth to school. Since the car is 14 years old (and has required already thousands of dollars of work since we bought it like 10 years ago), we decided it's time to hang up the keys.

So, for now, I have no car...after vacation, I'm going to be taking my mom to school 2 or 3 days a week to keep her van. And by March at the very latest, Ken and I will be purchasing a new car. Sure, we'll have to take out a loan for it...but, we really need it. So, yeah.

On the happy side of life, I can't believe a week from right now, I'll be ACROSS THE STREET from Disneyland!! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

2 days. Feeling way behind because I'm not even packed yet. But we are taking 3 bug suitcases for the 5 of us...and cross packing. Meaning each of us will have an outfit or 2 of clothes in each suitcase. This is to be sure we all have at least 2 days of clothes to wear should a suitcase go MIA (which happened 4 years ago on our WDW trip...but it was found and delivered to us within about 2 hours of it having gone MIA).

I have pulled clothes, pj's, jacket, rain coat, hat and gloves for Keegan. Not sure if we'll pack it all in his carry-on lighting suitcase...or split it between the 3 above. Technically it would all fit in his carry-on. Thinking we'll pack his coloring books and other plane activities in the backpack we bought for the parks (since currently there is nothing that needs to go in there for the plane). We'll see what mom says. I don't think any of us grown ups are taking anything bigger than a book on the plane. And if we can use the backpack for keegs plane activities...it won't take up precious space in a suitcase. Hmmm. Thinking I May go ahead and put his clothes in his suitcase and plane activities in the backpack. Worst that can happen is mom hates my plan and we do it her way.

Ok. That's it for today! I need someone to pinch me or something because I still can't believe we're flying in 2 days!!!

OMG SO SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm leaving tonight for Taiwan.

I'm so excited! Can't wait to hear about your trip. I'll be visiting HKDL in 2 weeks. We should compare notes on how they're diff/same!

YukiPhnx said:
OMG SO SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm leaving tonight for Taiwan.

I'm so excited! Can't wait to hear about your trip. I'll be visiting HKDL in 2 weeks. We should compare notes on how they're diff/same!

We're home. TR to be started in the next week or so!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter