• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Makeup Clique Thread - Wanna talk makeup? Wanna share tips? Wanna ask ?'s?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking at the Clinique CC cream. Any reviews?

I've been loving the CC Cream :) It's a thinner texture than the BB Cream and has a wider shade range as well. I find it actually does a nice job of color correcting so that I can wear it on it's own and feel comfortable, even though I typically prefer more coverage for my foundation. It also wears well all day, too (I do set with powder in the morning). It looks fresh faced without making me oily or shiny. I've also been wearing it everyday to work under my typical foundation for the color correction benefits and the sunscreen, and it works awesome as a primer as well.

If you go to a Macy's and ask, they should give you a few days sample so you can try it out :)

Anyone use the new L'oreal Wrinkle Blur product? I saw it on tv yesterday. It must be the same thing as Soap and Glory has on the market. I will try it but you put it OVER your makeup. If it has silcone in it then all bets are off.

Has anyone used the Maybelline Color Tattoo eyeshadows? I bought the Barely Branded and like it okay but I'm wondering if I would like Bad to the Bronze better. I like neutral eyeshadows. Barely Branded is just a little too light for me, but I'm worried Bad to the Bronze is too dark for an all over lid color. Thoughts?

Also I just got the Maybelline highlighting concealer and I am in love with it. I have very dark circles and it is the first thing that has actually made them go away almost completely.

I love the Tough as Taupe shade! I was even thinking of picking up another one, in case it gets discontinued!

Love the Maybelline Color Tattos! I own seven of the eight original - all but perpetual purple, 3 of the recent metal release and 3 from the limited release last fall.

I use them as both a base to intensify shadow and on its own as shadow. Barely Branded really makes my color pop. Bronze gold is a fave of my to pair with greens for a little depth.

Apparently, I am out of touch with the latest make-up craze - BB cream.

What IS it? :confused3

Is it intended to take the place of foundation? And if so, WHY? Is it a primer to be worn under foundation? Or is it an additional layer as in primer... BB cream... then foundation? (like I really need another layer on my face, lol...)

I'm so confused.

Anyone use the new L'oreal Wrinkle Blur product? I saw it on tv yesterday. It must be the same thing as Soap and Glory has on the market. I will try it but you put it OVER your makeup. If it has silcone in it then all bets are off.

I pretty like the wrinkle blur, but I use it as a base on my face. It is very thick, I don't know how you would put it on top.:confused3

Is it intended to take the place of foundation? And if so, WHY? Is it a primer to be worn under foundation? Or is it an additional layer as in primer... BB cream... then foundation? (like I really need another layer on my face, lol...)

I'm so confused.

A BB cream is considered to be a Super Make-up: primer, moisturizer, pore minimizer, concealer and color all-in-one. I tried Rimmel's BB cream but was allergic to it so back to Shiseido foundation for me. I did like the concept of the BB cream because it does cut down on the number of layers into just one. BBs can and are limited in color choices. Have fun exploring - Maybelline, L'Oreal, Garnier and lots of others make BB creams.

I'm so confused.

Its meant to be an all in one...light foundation, concealer, primer, and some claim it gets rid of dark spots over time. If you like more coverage, some people put foundation over it and treat it like a primer. I use Tarte's and I love it!

This is off-topic, but has anyone heard from CathrynRose? She's not posted in a while and I hope everything is ok with her. I miss her. :(

I tried the smashbox cc cream in medium recently, and love the coverage. The medium is very dark, so unless you have a summer tan, it will be too dark for most medium tone people.

got the Corioliss K3 flat iron on HSN. It infuses Keratin in your hair when you use it. It is great. It was on sale for 99 but now it is 120.

Ups just dropped off my sephora sun kit. I can't wait to try everything. Wish I would have bought an extra for a gift.

It does have silicone...I read the label.:) I can't use anything with silicones of any type in them so I have to now read every.single.label. ugh. And I'm one of those people who need the silicone.

Found the Coture Minnie collection in Ulta yesterday! The mini set is all colors but the glitter - so I bought the big one in that :)

hi I'm new to this thread but slowly becoming a makeup junkie. I need a mascara recommendation, I use to use Sephora Full Action Extreme Effect but I've switched over to shopping to Ulta. I've tried L'oreal and it was irritated my eyes and smudged easier. Does anyone have a good kind they use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter