The *New* Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa Frequently Asked Questions (FEB2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm really too tired to read thru all the pages so please forgive me in advance! I'll be in the GF for 2 nights, with a garden view room-I wanted a MK view but the travel agent said there's none (I know there are! :confused3 ) so I was just wonering if anyone has any pics of their garden view rooms to share? I'd be very grateful.

Sorry I can't help with pictures but I can tell you that the only garden view rooms that have a chance of a MK view are located in Sago or Conch Keys. You would have to request marina view in either building (which are considered garden view) and you would possibly be able to see MK from your balcony by leaning and looking to your right (if in Conch) or left (if in Sago). Of course, marina view is only a request! Good luck!

you would possibly be able to see MK from your balcony by leaning and looking to your right (if in Conch) or left (if in Sago). Of course, marina view is only a request! Good luck!

We stayed in a GV room in Conch and I was facing the marina, but no matter how far to the right I leaned, I could NOT see the castle. My parents were in a room further down the building, one floor higher and closer to the castle and still couldn't see it, even leaning your head around the balcony.

If the view is that important, then book the MK view which goes into effect as of January 2007. We just returned from the GF and I had a LV booked with my #1 request being a castle view. I did NOT get the castle view and I was HIGHLY disappointed, but the resort was booked and the MKV hadn't gone into effect yet.

Book what you want...that's my motto.

I'm booked in Polynesian LVC this summer and I have a pretty good chance of seeing the castle from my room b/c (according to Tikiman) there are only about 10% of LV rooms in that building that don't have a clear shot of the castle.

scanne said:
Book what you want...that's my motto.

I'm booked in Polynesian LVC this summer and I have a pretty good chance of seeing the castle from my room b/c (according to Tikiman) there are only about 10% of LV rooms in that building that don't have a clear shot of the castle.

Yeah, and for our long awaited first Poly LVC stay, I had one of them LOL. :rolleyes: You're right, Anne - Book what you want and hope for the best view possible! :thumbsup2 I don't have a problem with the GF garden views or Poly GV rooms. I think they're all really pretty, but if you're paying EXTRA for a LV room, you should be able to see a lagoon.

Lives4Disney :)

okay we leave a week from Saturday!!! I am getting more and more excited! Tell me what I am going to love about our first RPC stay! I want to hear your favorite thing :)

I love everything about RPC but I really love the selection of food. :cool1: Probably the reason I need to be on a diet. :confused3

Have a Grand Vacation!!!!

I love sipping on a glass of red wine and enjoying the orchestra before we head off to dinner. And then I love the chocolate covered strawberries and Bailey's after dinner! Oh and it is so nice to go to the lounge in the morning and enjoy a light breakfast in a calm and quiet atmosphere. Oh and there's the cappaccino machine-thingy...Enjoy!!!

Traci - Have a FABULOUS trip. Can't wait to hear all about it - I sure hope it lives up to all we've said. :thumbsup2

As for what I love about the RPC.....I agree with Lynr and Minniesota for sure! Minniesota basically posted what I had in mind because I really just love the atmosphere of the lounge. So beautiful and relaxing. I love looking out the windows at the palm trees & blue skies while we eat bfast. The CMs are so sweet & helpful and they just make us feel so welcome. I love how several CMs called us by our names (that makes us feel welcome, too) and how when we get off the elevator they seem to be so happy to see us. Just very friendly Disneyish, lol. :goodvibes The grounds are beautiful, the boat b/f to the MK is wonderful, the view of Wishes is great (if you are lucky enough to get it)...I love sitting out on our balcony at night watching the monorail, castle change colors, boats b/f on the water - just the whole MK goings on - and just thinking "I love this place"....Really, I do that ;) and if my DH is outside with me, I tell him "I love this place". There is just so much friendliness and happiness all around. :wizard:

PS I also love seeing all the bridal parties. :wave: CinderellaFan!! ;)

Have a great one!

Lives4Disney :sunny:

I have chills now after reading those posts. I thought I was excited before...now I'm a gazillion times more excited!!

Here's one for you...young children in the lounge? We are teaching our children manners, but they are still so young (almost 2 and 3). And they do have have those *moments*
With that said, is it okay to take a snack back to your room? What about a cocktail? I just don't want to subject other guests if my sweet angels decide to misbehave! :rotfl:

I have the list of room numbers over GG (I wrote them down months ago from this thread)...are those the only ones in RPC with the castle view?

Traci, have fun! We took snacks and drinks back to our room in SL and at the CR. The CMs even gave us a tray to carry it all. We saw young kids both places. Relax and have fun! Can't wait to hear all about your trip.

I loved two things about RPC that differentiated it from the other WDW club levels we've enjoyed....champagne and chocolate covered strawberries! :sunny:

I also loved the music from the lobby. A nice contrast to another resort's club level. At that very nice resort on Maui, the club level rooms are subjected to really loud music from the lobby below. So bad that I tried towels by the doors and it still didn't drown it out!

RPC is great....friendly and helpful CMs and a very convenient location. Have fun!

traci said:
okay we leave a week from Saturday!!! I am getting more and more excited! Tell me what I am going to love about our first RPC stay! I want to hear your favorite thing :)

Have a great time! We just got back from RPC last week and it was wonderful as always! We love just feeling pampered and special for a week! The staff is so wonderful! We spent more time relaxing in the lounge this trip ( and eating a lot) We love to sit in the lounge with a glass of wine and listen to the orchestra and pianist. DD and DS like to camp out in the kiddie section in front of the tv and eat. There is a flat screen tv in the lounge now so it seems roomier by the sofas. The food is great and we love afternoon tea - the scones are so good! DD loves to have her daily hot chocolate ( along with a Mickey sprinkle cupcake) from the machine even if it is 88 degrees outside! :sunny: Also, it is so nice to come back to the parks at 9:30 and be able to get a drink and some dessert! Get there early for the chocolate covered strawberries!
Watching WISHES from our balcony and watching the castle change colors from the bed is about as good as it gets!

Have a great trip!

We are going to WDW the week after Thanksgiving. We will get in late Saturday and stay at POR that night. The next morning we check into the GF RPC. I know our room will probably not be ready, but can we get there early enough to get our park passes and get to the MK when it opens? I am not sure how that would work since we would not get an official room key at that point.

theostwalts said:
The next morning we check into the GF RPC. I know our room will probably not be ready, but can we get there early enough to get our park passes and get to the MK when it opens? I am not sure how that would work since we would not get an official room key at that point.
You will have a room key with all your information encoded on it. I'd suggest that you plan on arriving around 7am. That's when the concierge staff comes on duty and they'll have no problem checking you in and issuing a key. They'll also give you a phone number that you can call later in the day and get your room number (if they don't have it already). Feel free to go up to the lounge and grab a quick breakfast before heading into the MK. It's a great way to start your day.

Hi, can start to put together a list of room numbers in the RPC with MK views? I would like to request one and have a few from reading these boards, but it sounds like someone may have already done the work.

I will start... I noted on these boards that 4401 has a great MK view.
Please let me know of others you know about. I am booking the trip now for January and am getting very excited (first time at the GF, first time in Conceirge).

Thanks,
Dave

daviegravie said:
Hi, can start to put together a list of room numbers in the RPC with MK views?
Standard concierge room numbers over Gasparilla's Grille are 4301-4309 and 4401-4409. Honeymoon suites in the same area are 4201-4209. Hope that helps you.

Sorry to ask another room location questions...but here goes. Are there any deluxe rooms on the 4th floor with a MK room? And if so, can you be specific about where they are in relation to the lounge, please?

IPO is working to try and get us a deluxe room not far from lounge given mobility needs. But - and I know I'm wishing hard here - we would love to have a MK view for our boys' first WDW trip. Does such a room exist?

Many thanks!

twinmum said:
Sorry to ask another room location questions...but here goes. Are there any deluxe rooms on the 4th floor with a MK room? And if so, can you be specific about where they are in relation to the lounge, please?

IPO is working to try and get us a deluxe room not far from lounge given mobility needs. But - and I know I'm wishing hard here - we would love to have a MK view for our boys' first WDW trip. Does such a room exist?

Many thanks!

I saw the deluxe room right off the lounge. It has a courtyard view. Very pretty, but not MK. I don't think any of the deluxe rooms have a MK view. Sorry. It's kind of a trade off. The deluxe room I saw was awesome, though. I think you will really enjoy that room vs a standard. I love my MK views, but I would prefer the deluxe room actually.

Lives4Disney :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter