The *New* Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa Frequently Asked Questions (FEB2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Tammi... are the MK room numbers consecutive? or is every other room has a MK view.

I am picturing how most hotels have alternating room numbers on either side of the hall. So if 4301 has a MK view, 4302 does not because it is across the hall? or does the entire range have the MK view?

Thanks for the info!

daviegravie said:
I am picturing how most hotels have alternating room numbers on either side of the hall. So if 4301 has a MK view, 4302 does not because it is across the hall? or does the entire range have the MK view?
All of these rooms are on one side of the resort, so it does not alternate.

Are there hair dryers in the RPC rooms?

I know this question has been asked and answered, but in case a future guest wants to see what sort of hair dryer might be found in their GF resort room, click here. That same brand & model has been in other GF rooms that I’ve stayed in over the past couple of years (both RPC and non-RPC).

Hope this helped.

mlill said:
I've got a Grand 1 Wishes cruise booked for our Christmas vacation, and I'm trying to decide what to order from Private Dining… Any suggestions from anyone who has done a Grand 1 cruise?

I attended a Grand 1 cruise this summer. The cruise was booked by friends, and since they handled the arrangements, I can’t offer you pricing info or anything like that. However, I can share a few photos of the treats that were aboard our cruise:
Photo # 1
Photo # 2

The cake that was served was customized by the Grand Floridian Bakery and it turned out beautifully. I don’t know the size of the cake or how many people it served, but there were ten people aboard our cruise and everyone had at least one slice of cake. After all was said and done, only half of the cake was eaten. It was definitely more than sufficient for a party of our size.

The decorative touches on the cake were as follows. The palm trees were made of chocolate and they were highlighted in gold. The pirate chest was also made of chocolate and it was accented with gold. That chest was filled with all sorts of white chocolate seashells, a white chocolate octopus, and even a plastic string of pearls (pirate’s loot). The pirate chest sat atop a bed of sand that was made of light-brown, granulated sugar. There were also a few white chocolate seashells scattered about the cake.

As to the “sign” that was sitting inside the pirate’s chest, I ~believe~ the Bakery took a copy of my friend’s “Lizority Princesses” sign and printed it on a piece of white chocolate (my guess is that some sort of rice paper was placed atop the chocolate). That unique touch was arranged ahead of time by my friend as a special surprise to the rest of us. I don’t know how she pulled it off, but she did. The Grand Floridian Bakery did an incredible job with everything. Not only did our cake look wonderful, it tasted wonderful too. It really was a fun & unique touch that made our cruise aboard the Grand 1 even more memorable than it already was.

Besides munchies, we also enjoyed cold beverages: soft drinks, water, and margaritas. I don’t have a photo of this to share, but the soft drinks came in cans (Coca-Cola products), the water came in plastic bottles, and the margaritas were stored inside carafes. All the beverages were placed on the counter in the galley, inside containers that were filled with ice. On the countertop also sat glassware and ice cubes. Everyone was free to help themselves during the cruise.

I hope this helped.

Minniesota, I really enjoyed what you wrote in post 2838. Thank you. By the way, I love the spelling of your Dis name. Too cute. ;)

scanne said:
We just returned from 4 nights in a LV room at the GF.

Scanne, I know I'm late to the party (since I haven't been on the Dis in over a month), but welcome home! It sounds like you had a lovely vacation. I'm glad to hear that. By the way, do you have any photos to share? (I may have missed your link -- if you've posted it, please post it again or PM me with it. Thanks.)

poohluvrs said:
We just returned from RPC, we had a 3rd flr lagoon beach/pool view - it was very pretty!

Welcome home to you, too (again, sorry I'm so late to the party). It sounds like you had a lovely stay.

I hope you enjoy your upcoming CR stay. The CR is a great resort and I look forward to staying there again.

Princess Mama said:
Here is another question I forgot to ask: are there coffee makers in the rooms?

Princess Mama, I know this question has already been answered, just thought I'd post a link to the coffee maker that was in my room this summer: click here.

MouseHouse4 said:
Hi everyone! As you can see I'm new to the DIS boards, but I'm not new to Disney or the GF. We're headed back to the GF the end of this month for our 5th stay in 3 years.

MouseHouse4, just thought I'd simply say, "Welcome to the Dis!" I hope you enjoy it here.

Have a wonderful time at the GF this month, and please share photos of your resort stay upon your return. Photos are very helpful for those who are planning upcoming/future stays at the resort. ;)

scanne said:
Book what you want...that's my motto.

I'm booked in Polynesian LVC this summer and I have a pretty good chance of seeing the castle from my room...

Scanne, excellent advice to live by. Thank you for sharing it.

O/T: I can't remember if I've posted any photos of my Poly LVC room from this summer's vacation (yikes!). If I have, I'll send you the link. My room really had a wonderful view of the Magic Kingdom, but for some reason I still prefer that view from the Grand Floridian. ;)

This week Yahoo changed the way they handle their photo sharing website. This means that links to my photos that were given in the past probably no longer work. I apologize for that but it is out of my control. However, as I find the time, I’ll try to update those links. For now, I thought I’d post the link to my main photo album: click here.

If you go to that main photo album, you can search for my Grand Floridian photo albums. And don’t forget that you can always PM me if you’re looking for a specific photo. I know I haven’t been around the Dis much this year, but I try to check in every now & then. I promise I'll answer your question as quickly as I can.

daviegravie said:
I noted on these boards that 4401 has a great MK view. Please let me know of others you know about.

Daviegravie, welcome to the Dis!

I know that TammiMcMan has already answered your question. I thought I’d give you a link (which hopefully is working!) to my photos of Room 4401: click here.

I also stayed in Room 4301: click here. That room is located one floor below 4401. I should warn you, though, that I don’t have many photos in that album. Believe me, I have plenty to share, but that was my Fairy Tale Weddings vow renewal vacation and I still haven’t finished sharing photos of my event yet (yikes! but I am working on rectifying that situation now).

As to noting a specific room number on a room reservation, I haven’t done that. I simply book the room category that I want and then request a non-smoking room. Other than that, the fate of my room’s location is in Tinker Bell’s hands. ;)

I hope you have a wonderful vacation at the Grand Floridian, and I hope you get the view that your heart desires.

twinmum said:
Are there any deluxe rooms on the 4th floor with a MK room? And if so, can you be specific about where they are in relation to the lounge, please?

Twinmum, I stayed in a deluxe concierge room in the Main Building. It was a handicap-accessible room with a roll-in shower. That roll-in shower was a Godsend to someone like me who could not walk due to leg surgery.

The room was located just a few doors down from the Royal Palm Club lounge. However, it did not have a MK view. If you look in my photo albums, you’ll see exactly what the room’s view was.

Room 4419 (room)
Room 4419 (bathroom)
Room 4419 (view at night)

As to other deluxe rooms that might have a MK view, I do not know the answer to that question but the IPO folks should.

I hope this helped. (And if the links don’t work, please PM me.)

Janet2k: Thanks so much for the Grand 1 info! That cake looked awesome! I'm still thinking about getting some champange for us and hot chocolate for the kids. I might get a custom cake made or have a cookie tray made up for them, too. I'm just hoping it's not going to be too cold out on Seven Seas Lagoon in late December!

I have another question for you guys...

We're going to have dinner at Victoria & Albert's during our December stay at the GF, and I thought it would be nice to take the girls to get their hair done that afternoon. Is there a beauty shop at the GF - and if so, is it part of the spa or is it separate? Thanks for any info that you might have!

-Michelle

Hi! There is a beauty salon inside the GF, in addition to the Niki Bryan Spa.
Cheers!
Heather W

It's a cute salon right on the second floor. I stopped in to buy some red grapefruit lotion (LOVE IT) and hairspray and saw young girls getting their hair done. Looked cute!

Have a great time! :sunny:

I was trying to book the Breathless during out Dec stay, but I am starting to worry about the cold Dec night out on the water, too! You guys will have the cabin on the G 1, but it is such fun to sit out in front.

Lives4Disney :goodvibes

Just got back from 8 nights at GF and had the most wonderful time!!!!!!!

Debbie6221 said:
Just got back from 8 nights at GF and had the most wonderful time!!!!!!!

Great!! Can you share some details??? :goodvibes

Love to hear as much as you can tell - it makes waiting for Dec 19th a bit easier. ;)

Lives4Disney

mlill said:
I have another question for you guys...

We're going to have dinner at Victoria & Albert's during our December stay at the GF, and I thought it would be nice to take the girls to get their hair done that afternoon. Is there a beauty shop at the GF - and if so, is it part of the spa or is it separate? Thanks for any info that you might have!

-Michelle

Hi, Michelle!
DH and I had dinner at V&A's after a photo shoot on the grounds of the GF with Disney Photography, and I had the salon do an "up-do" for the occassion. I agree with Alicnwondrln that it was well worth the money!! :thumbsup2
And, as Lives4Disney pointed out, it's on the 2nd floor of the main lodge.
I called ahead of time and made an appointment, but I was the only one there the entire time. It's the Ivy Trellis Salon, and I just called the main number (407-824-3000) and asked to be connected.

I hope you have a magical trip!!
Splurging on the hair helps to make the occassion even more special!!

:goodvibes
~Kimber

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter