The NEW Official SHADES OF GREEN Information (YouTube Video Info in 1st Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone ever stay in the Palm Suite at Shades? We usually do multiple rooms, but I saw the palm suite on the shades website but there doesn't seem to be much info about it. If anyone has stayed in this suite and has any info or pictures I'd truly appreciate it. Trying to decide if we'd be better off with the suite or multiple rooms. Thanks!

Was wondering if anyone can help me with what area to request. Will be travelling with a 2 and 4 year old and would like to be close to bus stop as well as lobby/stores. Don't really need to be close to pool as we will probably only visit once. Would like a quieter area as kids are light sleepers. Any recommendations? thank you

Was wondering if anyone can help me with what area to request. Will be travelling with a 2 and 4 year old and would like to be close to bus stop as well as lobby/stores. Don't really need to be close to pool as we will probably only visit once. Would like a quieter area as kids are light sleepers. Any recommendations? thank you

The only place in the entire hotel I found a bit noisey is near the pools. And that is only like in the mid afternoon time. For the most part, every room I have had has been very quiet. But if you ask when you register for a room "near the lobby," they usually try their best to accomodate. But, please keep in mind that a lot of people make this same request, so they may not be able to get you as close as you would like. Especially if you are going during peak season. One thing you may want to do is make that request when you make your ressies. Once your ressies are made, just call the 800 number, give them your conf # and ask them to put your request on your ressies. Good luck!!!

I am sooooo looking forward to getting my ticket request form ... in a short few days!!!!!!!!!

Woo-HOO!!! For Buzzmom and me!!!! And for everyone planning their trip to our home away from home.

Is this dis acting goofy for anyone else? Every time I open the dis, someone else's login name pops up in the welcome box. Weird.

TWO WEEKS!!!!!! :banana::banana::dance3::banana::banana:

Is this dis acting goofy for anyone else? Every time I open the dis, someone else's login name pops up in the welcome box. Weird.

TWO WEEKS!!!!!! :banana::banana::dance3::banana::banana:

It did that to 2 other people I know on here. It has acted weird when I was trying to sign in though, but not the same issue.

Finally booked our vacation! Had some trouble with the SOG reservations department though, after speaking with several people who told me we could not book a certain special (listed on the SOG site) and speaking with "the boss" and being told "no" several times, I took to the website and booked it myself. Called SOG to confirm and make sure everything was in order (it is), so just a friendly reminder if you have issues with SOG when you call don't give up!

We ended up getting a fantastic deal, so I'm happy and very excited to get away for awhile this summer. Also, finally have another countdown ticker, I've missed it...

Hope everyone going soon has an amazing vacation and safe travels!

well that's odd. I'm not disputing you at all, but just about everyone has had wonderful success with SOG's customer service booking people. They're always so pleasant.

Can you tell us what happened - what you were trying to book and why they didn't let you?

Sure, I can explain what happened.

Earlier this week (monday), I called to enquire about our summer vacation booking under the "Endless Summer" promotion that was on the SOG website (listing a 40% off room discount). Everything was great, our dates were available, was quoted a price and ask if I could call back to finalize the reservation in a couple days after the family talked it over. The lady we spoke with was very nice and said of course just call back once we've discussed it and that everything would be ready to go.

Called back today and was told the Endless Summer promotion was no longer available, I checked their website and it's still listed under the promotions but now with a 30% discount (and a different rate code). I explained we were quoted a different rate only two days prior and then put on hold so the reservation agent could speak with "the boss". We were disconnected so I had to call back and wait to speak to another reservation agent (no big deal, things happen, sometimes called get disconnected).

After explaining to a new reservation agent that I wanted to go ahead and book the vacation, I was again told the promotion had ended (then I was told no it's still going but the rate changed). So I decided to try and pull up the promo rate on the computer myself so I could read off to the reservation agent what I was seeing, she said if I saw the discounted price online I should just book it myself. Fine, that's not a problem, I just needed to be sure that it wasn't some type of mistake and we weren't going to make the reservation only to have it cancelled later.

We were put on hold again while she spoke to "the boss" and told if we could get the discount (40% off) when doing the reservation online they would honor it. Great that's pretty much all I needed to know. However, she wanted to stay on the line while I did the reservation, I needed two rooms so I had to do two separate reservations. I did the first one, gave her the confirmation number and she said she saw where it was giving me the discount of 40% off but it should have only been 30% off. Then you hear her turn and speak to a gentleman who said it was not right and the promo was no longer active. We could hear them back and forth saying "she's doing something wrong/that's not right/no she did it and the confirmation shows xx amount/no that's the wrong amount...etc" until I get both reservations done online and give both confirmation numbers to the lady on the phone. After I had two reservations number with the discounted rate, the lady on the phone was very nice and said she'd put a request for connecting rooms on the reservation and get a paper confirmation out to us (we already have the email confirmations).

It's not a dig deal, but it shows me that they either don't understand their own promotions or are having big problems updating and understanding their website. Either way, they were insisting that I was looking at their website wrong or doing something wrong in order to book a special that they advertised, but I wasn't. I don't think they were rude just uninformed as they didn't seem to know what they were doing. If they were going to argue between themselves about the website being wrong it probably isn't the best idea to do that while you're on the line with a costumer. I'm not upset about the situation, I just think it was a lot more complicated than it needed to be.

I'm not saying don't use the phone reservation line (we have before and have always been pleased with them), I'm just saying, know what you're booking before you call and stand your ground if they tell you the promos aren't right. In the end they did honor what was on their website, but they didn't initially seem very happy about it.

We are happy to be going back to SOG and glad that we were able to take part in the promotion that they were running, the fact that SOG even offers different promotions is a big bonus and it's absolutely worth the extra time spent!

oy! What a bizarre mix up!! Thanks for explaining though.

I just looked and endless summer online is now 30% and NOT 40% *** would they change it???? That is so random, to change a set promotion in the middle!!!

I bet you got it right between the update online and the update on the phone. Honestly, I usually just call because half the time the website doesn't work to make or check availability, so it's no surprise really at all to me that something was not coordinated between the two systems.

I'm glad they gave it to you at 40% though. And I guess I'll "see" you there. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter