The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

For Riviera to Poly, I think a faster option might be to Skyliner to HS and take a bus HS - Poly. Or bus to MK, then ferry to TTC and walk, or boat to Poly (slower because GF is the first stop). I think bus to MK then boat to FW, or skyliner to HS and then bus to FW will be comparable.

Minnie vans will have 2 boosters, but probably can't take all 8 of you. And that gets expensive.

I think bus to MK then boat to FW, or skyliner to HS and then bus to FW will be comparable.
Only advantage to the boat to FW is it drops you off at Pioneer Hall, where the bus to FW will require the usage of the internal bus system at FW. That was very messed up the weekend before NYE (we waited 30 mins for even 1 internal bus to show up).

So I’m officially here and all I have to say is I’m happy this is my home resort!!

I will do a full review after I leave and post pics of my killer view!! Topolinos is great !!

ps everyone I have had a conversation with either regrets not buying or just like me are very content with their purchase.

I haven’t read all 22 pages yet, but have read several of the most recent, and I have been browsing elsewhere on the boards to no avail: I know it’s a bit early for great info on this, but any advice out there for Preferred View (Studio) room requests? We’re staying early February, and I need to figure out what kind of requests to make. I’m assuming “good view of Epcot” might not be the most strategic request.

I haven’t read all 22 pages yet, but have read several of the most recent, and I have been browsing elsewhere on the boards to no avail: I know it’s a bit early for great info on this, but any advice out there for Preferred View (Studio) room requests? We’re staying early February, and I need to figure out what kind of requests to make. I’m assuming “good view of Epcot” might not be the most strategic request.
There is this thread with some reports.....not much yet though.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/rivera-rooms-with-a-view.3782418/

Adding on to the room info..... I have a Feb trip scheduled with a PV studio. If anyone who has, or will be visiting, can give advice as to decent rooms located near the skyliner I'd appreciate it. I have some mobility issues that progressed more than I'd realized from my 2015 trips, so when I stayed this past Dec it was a bit more of a problem than I'd anticipated. We were at POR... I tried using my old tricks of staying in the princess rooms (for guarantee basic location) and calling multiple times, sharing I'd need something close to the elevators (and/or parking), but luck wasn't with me and we had a bad location if you're a bit impeded (especially after struggling around the parks - I use a cane, I do not want to deal with a scooter yet, I hate being chained to it)..... I want to try to avoid that in Feb with this longer trip.

This is a long way of asking if people get an idea of decent room numbers near the skyliner, near an elevator (if possible), if they could share so I could try specifically asking for a room vs what happened with POR, where I didn't have a room number to ask for. I know I'm not guaranteed and I know there are folks way worse off than I, but I'd like to try reduce the struggle.

Adding on to the room info..... I have a Feb trip scheduled with a PV studio. If anyone who has, or will be visiting, can give advice as to decent rooms located near the skyliner I'd appreciate it. I have some mobility issues that progressed more than I'd realized from my 2015 trips, so when I stayed this past Dec it was a bit more of a problem than I'd anticipated. We were at POR... I tried using my old tricks of staying in the princess rooms (for guarantee basic location) and calling multiple times, sharing I'd need something close to the elevators (and/or parking), but luck wasn't with me and we had a bad location if you're a bit impeded (especially after struggling around the parks - I use a cane, I do not want to deal with a scooter yet, I hate being chained to it)..... I want to try to avoid that in Feb with this longer trip.

This is a long way of asking if people get an idea of decent room numbers near the skyliner, near an elevator (if possible), if they could share so I could try specifically asking for a room vs what happened with POR, where I didn't have a room number to ask for. I know I'm not guaranteed and I know there are folks way worse off than I, but I'd like to try reduce the struggle.
If you want be near the Skyliner choose the west wing high floor for the view.

For Riviera to Poly, I think a faster option might be to Skyliner to HS and take a bus HS - Poly. Or bus to MK, then ferry to TTC and walk, or boat to Poly (slower because GF is the first stop). I think bus to MK then boat to FW, or skyliner to HS and then bus to FW will be comparable.

Minnie vans will have 2 boosters, but probably can't take all 8 of you. And that gets expensive.
Honestly I went to ohanas this morning and I took the sky liner and monorail hands down Skyliner kills monorail but I actually got to poly like in 20 mins or less

Just add today I ran into what I’m pretty sure were dis members here and I heard them regurgitating and pointing out any little thing just to knock DRR but yet they say “ love the smell” or “ oh I love the food but the place is too small”

Also the Murphy bed I weigh 230 lbs and it felt good. So I think there’s people looking to maliciously cause harm to this resort personally I don’t care but that’s how petty some hardcore fans are my conclusion is they were jumping and being destructive

Hey @Frogman88 and @Anthony Vito, when you goto Resort Hotel at My Disney Experience, goto "Modify", select "Room Requests", there is a drop down window with pre-set room preferences. Being "near transportation" as well as "upper floor" are two of them. You get to select two.

Hey @Frogman88 and @Anthony Vito, when you goto Resort Hotel at My Disney Experience, goto "Modify", select "Room Requests", there is a drop down window with pre-set room preferences. Being "near transportation" as well as "upper floor" are two of them. You get to select two.
So the way I did it is I called member services about 6 weeks prior to arriving and told them I wanted to be able to view fireworks and be close to the Skyliner that was it but now that I know the layout make sure when u call ask for west wing high floor and you should be right on the money.

I thought that Riviera wasn't available to book through resale contract owners... When I check rooms for May it's showing up and letting me select the resort. Am I misinformed or can resale contracts book at Riviera? Sorry if this has been asked a million times. :rolleyes1

I thought that Riviera wasn't available to book through resale contract owners... When I check rooms for May it's showing up and letting me select the resort. Am I misinformed or can resale contracts book at Riviera? Sorry if this has been asked a million times. :rolleyes1
It isn't available to book with resale points that were sent to ROFR after 1/19/19. If your contract was sent prior to that then you are grandfathered in.

Please can anyone tell me whether the quick service location accepts the QS dining credits? The Disney website says dining plans not accepted which seems a little odd. Thanks.

Everyone is able to search for all the rooms. If you bought after Jan 19, it would not allow you to complete the booking process using resale points.

Owners who bought prior to then, can indeed use resale points to Book

Everyone is able to search for all the rooms.
Actually if your membership doesn't have eligible points they hide Riviera from the list (though you can force it to search), but you are right you can only reserve with qualified points (if your membership has qualified points and unqualified points). I have two memberships (one direct and one resale post restrictions) and I can't search Riviera with the unqualified membership.

Last edited:
Actually if your membership doesn't have eligible points you can't search Riviera. I have two memberships (one direct and one resale post restrictions) and I can't search Riviera with the unqualified membership.

I think I figured it would just stop at booking part..just like it allows you to search all resorts at 11 months.

But all my memberships are qualified so, it was a wrong assumption. Thanks for clarifying!

After my 2nd short stay at riviera my biggest complaint is the lack of actives for kids. I also wish they had a second bocce ball court it always seemed to be our luck that someone was about to play or was playing.

Something odd when we stayed in a tower studio there was no dish soap. The studio comes with real cups and plates. If you use anything you will either have to wash it with body wash/Bar soap or leave it for Mousekeeping. This could have just been them forgetting to restock it when they turned the room.

things we really enjoyed have to be the lemon garlic grilled chicken at Bar Riva. The landscaping while walking the grounds. Coke freestyle with its infinite amount of options. I hope all DVC's will get the new TV's with chrome cast built it. The pull down couch could be the best thing DVC has added. Its so much better than a pull out couch.

After my 2nd short stay at riviera my biggest complaint is the lack of actives for kids. I also wish they had a second bocce ball court it always seemed to be our luck that someone was about to play or was playing.

Something odd when we stayed in a tower studio there was no dish soap. The studio comes with real cups and plates. If you use anything you will either have to wash it with body wash/Bar soap or leave it for Mousekeeping. This could have just been them forgetting to restock it when they turned the room.

things we really enjoyed have to be the lemon garlic grilled chicken at Bar Riva. The landscaping while walking the grounds. Coke freestyle with its infinite amount of options. I hope all DVC's will get the new TV's with chrome cast built it. The pull down couch could be the best thing DVC has added. Its so much better than a pull out couch.
Maybe next time u are here u stop focusing on every little thing to knock the resort and you actually enjoy ur stay yea ? Have a good day

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter