The "Official" 2017 Moms Panel Search Thread

Since this is my first year applying, are there categories you select from?

The questions on the application will be specific to the specialty that you choose. If I apply to DVC, some of my questions may be different from someone's applying for WDW.

Just submitted my application! First year applying! Good luck to everyone! I saw some advice online of who to follow on Twitter, etc. Anyone have any great advice? Thanks! :)

Just submitted my application! First year applying! Good luck to everyone! I saw some advice online of who to follow on Twitter, etc. Anyone have any great advice? Thanks! :)

The best advice I can give is to forget about your application for a couple weeks. Once you've submitted, you can't take anything back. A lot of people will stress themselves out after they hit submit – everything from second guessing their responses to the questions to wondering if they remembered all of the punctuation, checked the spelling, and used proper nomenclature in each answer. All that does is causes you more stress. Even if you did make a mistake, you can't fix it, so just let it go and whatever happens, you'll know by early October either way. Like Walt said, "Why worry? If you've done the very best you can, worrying won't make it any better."

This is my second year applying. I applied in 2014 (for the 2015 panel) and made it to the second round. I didn't apply last year because I couldn't make it for the training dates. After I hit submit on my last application in '14, I just went back to my normal daily routine. I tried to not even think about the DPMP or the process at all, and was pleasantly surprised when I received an email in mid October telling me that I had made it to round 2 and giving me instructions from there. Only then did I focus on it again. After I submitted that round, I watched Twitter and Facebook like a hawk, searching for information about when we'd hear anything for round 3. I started to stress myself out, and was really let down when I didn't advance to round 3. This year, I'm just going to submit my best and move on. If I continue through the rounds, great! If not, I'll try again next year. There are some that have applied every year (and this is the 10th year.)

The best advice I can give is to forget about your application for a couple weeks. Once you've submitted, you can't take anything back. A lot of people will stress themselves out after they hit submit – everything from second guessing their responses to the questions to wondering if they remembered all of the punctuation, checked the spelling, and used proper nomenclature in each answer. All that does is causes you more stress. Even if you did make a mistake, you can't fix it, so just let it go and whatever happens, you'll know by early October either way. Like Walt said, "Why worry? If you've done the very best you can, worrying won't make it any better."

This is my second year applying. I applied in 2014 (for the 2015 panel) and made it to the second round. I didn't apply last year because I couldn't make it for the training dates. After I hit submit on my last application in '14, I just went back to my normal daily routine. I tried to not even think about the DPMP or the process at all, and was pleasantly surprised when I received an email in mid October telling me that I had made it to round 2 and giving me instructions from there. Only then did I focus on it again. After I submitted that round, I watched Twitter and Facebook like a hawk, searching for information about when we'd hear anything for round 3. I started to stress myself out, and was really let down when I didn't advance to round 3. This year, I'm just going to submit my best and move on. If I continue through the rounds, great! If not, I'll try again next year. There are some that have applied every year (and this is the 10th year.)

Great advice, thanks! Good luck to you!!!! :)

First time applying and application is IN!

That is really awesome advice. "Submit and forget". Which was a common saying back in the days when I was submitting items for magazine publication. So... I think I'm going to "unwatch" this thread for now, but I'll be back if I make it to round two!

Good luck everyone! First two tries, I made it to round two. Third try, I made it to round three. After that I gave up, so I'm hoping for some luck this time around!

Has anyone checked to verified their submission was accepted? I did and it said it could not find my application. :crazy2:

Great advice!!! Glad I found this thread. First time applying, and I'm excited to hear who from our fellow DIS members makes it to R2! Pixie dust to all that have applied. See you in several weeks when we start getting the "call backs" ;)

Has anyone checked to verified their submission was accepted? I did and it said it could not find my application. :crazy2:
Same thing happened to me. I spent over an hour perfecting my application, clicked submit and for whatever reason it didn't go through. Luckily I remembered most of my answers verbatim so i redid and resubmitted and this time, got confirmation email that they received my application. I am so excited and crossing fingers that I make the next round. Good luck to everyone!!

Great advice!! Can you share what they request when you get to round 2??

Great advice!! Can you share what they request when you get to round 2??

I'm not sure how much the process changed last year and how it will be this year, but in 2014, the second round was a one minute video about what sets a WDW vacation apart from other vacations. There were also a couple more panel-type questions and some trivia questions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter