**** The Official October 2014 - Disneyland Resort Thread ****

Who is planning on attending Mickey's Halloween Party?

• Yes we are

• Not this trip

• Still unsure/ Depends on party dates

Results are only viewable after voting.
The day is finally here, we leave tonight!!! I'm so excited I feel like a little kid on Christmas morning. I plan on making notes for myself so I can give a detailed trip report upon our return so if interested look for that thread later next week!

Got back from Disneyland Friday night. Had a fantastic time. The boys (and me) were amazed by everything.

They got to ride the cars in Carsland and Mater's wagons twice. (their pretrip favorites) We got to ride on the Disneyland firetruck (their other request) and the kids rang the fire bell a few times.

I think we rode every ride there, a few twice and I bet we walked 25 miles in the 4 days. Don't know how the boys and Grandpa were able to keep going. Weather was awesome, in the 80's and low/mid 90's. The day after we left it was 103.8. We really lucked out.

We took in a character breakfast and had Chip and Dale and a couple of bears playing with the kids throughout the meal. The 3 year old missed out on some rides because of the height restrictions but he understood they were “big boy” rides and didn't fuss at all while going on another ride or just waiting with Grandpa or Mommy or Daddy while the others went off.
I know my wife had a hand in our good “luck”. She guided me and I did the footwork.

Hi fellow October-goers,

We're staying at the Fairfield inn on our first night (then moving) and want to grab lunch at Trader Sam's in the DL Hotel.

I know the Fairfield is great for getting to the parks (we plan to just walk to/from the party that evening), but anyone have tips on getting around the rest of anaheim?

Specifically: I'm trying to figure out the best way to get to the DL hotel that first day for lunch and then to our next hotel (on-property) the following day. I was hoping to check us in around 7am (staying at the DVC Villas) and then head straight to MK.

Any tips? I know I am overthinking it :) I just want to be as efficient as possible.

I am absolutely loving my October solo trip (which is over after tomorrow)! Highlights: meeting Oscar @ carnation cafe, Fantasmic dessert viewing, dream suite tour, conjuring Maleficent, toon town pre party (so many characters), having a jungle cruise boat all to myself during mhp, and taking tons of photopass photos! I have really enjoyed just taking it all in and taking my time!

Characters I've met:
Donald (wizard, sailor)
Chip & Dale (sailors, 20s, no clothes)
Mickey (bat, sorcerer, trolley outfit)
Minnie (witch, polka dot)
Pluto (plain and halloween collar
Goofy (regular attire)
Maleficent
Captain hook
Jafar
Evil queen
Hades
Oswald

Things I've eaten:
De whip float
Corn dog
Apple granola pancakes
Pommes frittes
Monte christo
Matterhorn macaroon
Caramel apple

Best vacation ever!

loving all the trip info being shared. Makes me Uber excited to finally be able to tell my daughter and start our own trip. Share share share...it's keeping my Disney withdrawls at bay lol

Hi fellow October-goers,

We're staying at the Fairfield inn on our first night (then moving) and want to grab lunch at Trader Sam's in the DL Hotel.

I know the Fairfield is great for getting to the parks (we plan to just walk to/from the party that evening), but anyone have tips on getting around the rest of anaheim?

Specifically: I'm trying to figure out the best way to get to the DL hotel that first day for lunch and then to our next hotel (on-property) the following day. I was hoping to check us in around 7am (staying at the DVC Villas) and then head straight to MK.

Any tips? I know I am overthinking it :) I just want to be as efficient as possible.

For the lunch, I would just walk from the Fairfield through DTD to the DL Hotel. I would guess it is about a mile total. We are doing this from the HOJO near the Fairfield to Goofy's in the DL Hotel on the day we arrive. For changing hotel rooms I would just get a cab so all the luggage can be easily transferred.

We leave Friday!!! I am so excited. My daughter still thinks we are going to visit some missions in San Diego. Hehehe....

We leave Friday!!! I am so excited. My daughter still thinks we are going to visit some missions in San Diego. Hehehe....

She is going to be so surprised love it. Can't wit to hear all about it :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter