The Running Thread - 2018

UCF is an interesting story. Does anyone think that there is something wrong with the system if they go undefeated 2 years in a row and don’t even get a sniff at a CHANCE to play for the title by making the playoffs? College football is so rigged to where the $$ is it is really ridiculous. Why doesnt college football have a real playoff like all the other college sports? Simple answer...$$

Granted UCF was better and more deserving last year and I don’t think they will win out again. But the TV contracts and the 5 conferences that control the TV contracts dictate the winners. It’s not decided on the field...like it should be.

If they want serious consideration they need to set up some non-conference games against bigger conferences. They can do a home and away or neutral venue but add in a non-conference game against Alabama, OSU, Georgia, Clemson, etc and stay undefeated? Yes, they deserve a shot.

ATTQOTD: I don’t listen to it at a certain time or before every run but The Middle by Jimmy Eats World always puts a little pep in my step and a smile on my face during runs. When I first decided that I was going to get into running, it was one of the first songs that popped up on my iPod and it’s now forever linked as my running song.

ATTQOTD: My music depends on my mood that day. Some days its Rob Zombie, other days its Supertramp. Sinatra's That's Life is a fave, and so is Ween's Pumpin for the Man. Musically I'm scattered all over the place.

For the upcoming 10k I'm debating my playlist. It will either be Disney music or music highly inappropriate to be played at Disney, like White Zombie, Ween, Eminem, etc

If they want serious consideration they need to set up some non-conference games against bigger conferences. They can do a home and away or neutral venue but add in a non-conference game against Alabama, OSU, Georgia, Clemson, etc and stay undefeated? Yes, they deserve a shot.
@rteetz had the same comment and I replied to him. The big P5 schools have control over their schedule and they won't schedule these teams. Have a fair schedule OR if you don't want to schedule the games due to $$ and TV contracts, then have a fair playoff system like basketball does. Granted, in football, you can't do 64 teams so the playoff below at least gives a G5 school a snow ball's chance in H-E double hockey sticks to prove it on the field. Right now, the NCAA is basically saying "you have no chance to win because of your strength of schedule and we won't do anything to allow you to improve that."

I don’t disagree. Except the P5 teams dictate who they play and won’t schedule games against the good G5 teams. Teams like UCF can only play the teams that will schedule them. Luckily, they at least allow one G5 team in a New Years Day bowl and UCF took advantage of that by spanking Auburn last year and even after that, they only finished 6th. Like I said, the system is rigged to flow to where all the TV $$ is.

The solution is to have a real playoff system - even one that still favors the P5 conferences but at least gives everyone a chance: 5 P5 conference champs, 1 G5 qualifier and 2 wildcards for an 8 team playoff.

Fun Friday QOTD: Keeping with music and running theme to end the week here, what song gets you "pumped" up before a race or just a normal run?
ATTQOTD: I do not use music to get "pumped" up before a run or race. I do listen to music while I am running - both race and normal run. And for me, as long as it is music I like to listen to, I don't care. I have a large playlist I stream that has all "good" music and that is typically what I run to but sometimes I will run to one of the stations on Apple Music. It is funny because if a song that I do not like comes on, I notice it but if it is just good music I like, it is more in the background and I don't really pay attention to it as I zone out while running.

Saw these today. Made me think of youse guys who run/are running in NY this year.

9wuI8vEQ2-r4Ya-ixB3mYbZlecX__AQfh-kEfYYsekkotoleSlvb9fcQ1iB_Uag1yV9OjiBo6VUgVd0yVhtyY8Mv7Z_A8XON9uoYeSkfO1XRct1QfhOwEYxnVTokQCwiFw798-IQ=s0-d-e1-ft

This week we have the following folks with races:

19 - @camaker - Tuna Run 200 (NG / N/A)
20 - @beatlecat42 - Baltimore Running Festival 5k + 13.1 (NG / N/A)
20 - @BikeFan - Baltimore Marathon (4:00:00 / N/A)
20 - @evre13 - Baltimore Half Marathon (2:30:00 / N/A)
21 - @Slogger - Atlantic City Marathon (4:28:00 / N/A)
21 - @Baloo in MI - Grand Rapids Marathon (NG / N/A)
21 - @michigandergirl - Grand Rapids Marathon (4:xx:xx / N/A)
21 - @MissLiss279 - Columbia Gorge Marathon (NG / N/A)
21 - @Disney at Heart - Atlanta 10 Miler (NG / N/A)
21 - @xjillianpaige - Newburyport Half Marathon (2:30:00 / N/A)
21 - @PaDisneyCouple (Mr.) - Hershey Half Marathon Goal (2:10:00 / N/A)

Best of luck to yall this weekend, and it looks like a few of yall have similar races for a potential Dis meet up! If you have a revised goal you would like to add, just let me know.

Big Ten Football is where its at. Juts don't pick OSU because nobody likes them.

It’s sad that the rest of the Big Ten is so jealous of the relatively moderate success Ohio State has had on a national level. It would be somewhat refreshing for any other team in the Big Ten to win enough to engender feelings of dislike in others. :confused3:banana:

ATTQOTD:

So many, but I prefer metal of some sort when getting “pumped” for a run. Metallica or GnR have some good options. “Savannah” by Zao and “Undying” by Demon Hunter are a couple of personal favorites. “Joker and the Thief” by Wolfmother is good as well. I can also get pumped just hearing the bells on the intro to “All I Want for Christmas Is You” let alone the whole song and for a little more Mariah “Always Be My Baby” is a banger.

And, of course, any good run mix needs some Disney and Celine Dion.

ATTQOTD:

So many, but I prefer metal of some sort when getting “pumped” for a run. Metallica or GnR have some good options. “Savannah” by Zao and “Undying” by Demon Hunter are a couple of personal favorites. “Joker and the Thief” by Wolfmother is good as well. I can also get pumped just hearing the bells on the intro to “All I Want for Christmas Is You” let alone the whole song and for a little more Mariah “Always Be My Baby” is a banger.

And, of course, any good run mix needs some Disney and Celine Dion.
Did you listen to the Celine Dion / Linkin Park mashup?

ATTQOTD: My 2 hype songs I use for runs actually have to do with CFB, so coming back full circle.

My first is “Bring Em Out” by T.I. I cheered at a small, private school in Virginia and they played this song when the players ran out, so whenever I hear it I think of standing in the end zone and then doing a tumbling pass down the field. Thinking about the energy and adrenaline I had during that song gets me pumped.

My second is “Put On” by Young Jeezy (apparently he’s just Jeezy now). When I lived in Atlanta, I had season tickets to Georgia Tech football games and they played this song during pre-game and it was a lot of fun.

Now I’m really wanting to find a game to go too...I’m really mad at myself for not going to Virginia Tech at Old Dominion a few weeks ago.

@PrincessV that Ludacris song is my hype song for driving in the morning :)

Oh, Teetz, no. Just ... no.

My hype songs:
"Talk to Me" - Run The Jewels
"POWER" - Kanye West
"All Night" - Chance the Rapper
"Feel the Love" - Rudimental
"On to the Next One" - Jay Z
"Stronger" - Kanye West
"My Shot" from the Hamilton Mixtape
Um yes. No changing my mind there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter