The Running Thread - 2019

ATTQOTD: The new site seems to be made for young people... my aged eyes are having a hard time with the small, skinny fonts lol! Less than thrilled with how it keeps bumping me down to the bottom of pages to see ads. I need to poke around and see if I can adjust the color scheme. But at least I still exist, which is more than I can say about what happened when we made the BIG switch ages ago! :thumbsup2

ETA: I have 113 "Trophy Points" - what are trophy points?!?!

ATTQOTD: It's fine, of course, still use-able. I've already "liked" something, looked at it and saw the link still says, "Like", so thought I hadn't really liked it, clicked "like" again, which now un-liked it, and clicked "like" again. Repeat a few times. I guess the "like" link just gets bold if you already liked something instead of changing to the "unlike" option. Like anything else it will just take some getting used to.

ATTQOTD- I want to like it, but I don't. Unless I'm missing something (I might be), I have to scroll all the way to the bottom of a thread to change pages and then all the way back up for site navigation (on my phone). That's not great. But at the end of the day, it doesn't actually affect my life negatively, so it is what it is and I'll get used to it!

If you turn your phone to landscape the pages numbers will also show at the top. For getting back up top, when I’m scrolling down or up, there’s a little blue up arrow that appears towards the bottom right corner. Hitting that jumps me straight to the top.

ATTQOTD- I want to like it, but I don't. Unless I'm missing something (I might be), I have to scroll all the way to the bottom of a thread to change pages and then all the way back up for site navigation (on my phone). That's not great. But at the end of the day, it doesn't actually affect my life negatively, so it is what it is and I'll get used to it!
There are still some tweaks to be made here but I would recommend going landscape mode with your phone. It offers a more desktop type look and helps with navigation.

ATTQOTD: It's fine, of course, still use-able. I've already "liked" something, looked at it and saw the link still says, "Like", so thought I hadn't really liked it, clicked "like" again, which now un-liked it, and clicked "like" again. Repeat a few times. I guess the "like" link just gets bold if you already liked something instead of changing to the "unlike" option. Like anything else it will just take some getting used to.
You can also do more than like a post. Similar to Facebook.

ATTQOTD: The new site seems to be made for young people... my aged eyes are having a hard time with the small, skinny fonts lol! Less than thrilled with how it keeps bumping me down to the bottom of pages to see ads. I need to poke around and see if I can adjust the color scheme. But at least I still exist, which is more than I can say about what happened when we made the BIG switch ages ago! :thumbsup2

For the color scheme, it looks like there are a few options. If you go to you account and then Preferences the first drop down box is Style. The different styles will change the color scheme.

You can change the color scheme a bit but the team is still working on other options for that.

Trophy points are a thing with the xenforo software. They really don’t mean anything.

If you turn your phone to landscape the pages numbers will also show at the top. For getting back up top, when I’m scrolling down or up, there’s a little blue up arrow that appears towards the bottom right corner. Hitting that jumps me straight to the top.
Ha good to know. I actually have my phone locked so that it WON'T go into landscape mode. It drives me nuts while doing other things. I likely won't change that, I can just scroll. It's not a huge deal either way.

ETA - I did just change it to landscape mode to try it out and it looks neat. I just likely won't use it that way. That's on me though!

Ha good to know. I actually have my phone locked so that it WON'T go into landscape mode. It drives me nuts while doing other things. I likely won't change that, I can just scroll. It's not a huge deal either way.

ETA - I did just change it to landscape mode to try it out and it looks neat. I just likely won't use it that way. That's on me though!
Same. I have mine locked to not rotate on me, so probably won’t use it in landscape mode either. It’s also an extra click for me to get to watched threads in portrait mode, but like anything new, it will take a little getting used to.

I do like the look of it, and I think it will be easier to use on my phone (which is how I normally get on the DIS).

It works for me. The only thing I don't like is there used to be a little blue circle that I could click and it would immediately jump to the new posts. Now, the entire thread is bold and I just click on the thread and it will jump to the new post. I don't know why, but this bothers me. I get that the bolding is showing that there is a new post, but I miss the circle.

I'm just weird. :P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter