The Running Thread - 2019

I've lucked out with that. I was planning to go with my friends for a few days in September and they are opening SWGE 12 days before, so I plan on being there for the 6 AM park opening and get to it as early as possible at least one of those days. Then I found a good price on air in December, so it's another chance to use my AP this year and see the holiday decorations and they're opening Rise of the Resistance 10 days earlier. And then the week of the marathon.

Possible QOTD that is sort of about running, but not really: Not sure if this has been asked already but what is everyone thinking about future SWGE trips? Are you altering your rundisney plans next year so you can go or so you can avoid it? Are you planning pre-ROTR trip or waiting til after?
I was pretty irritated when the announced the WDW opening as we had planned on doing Wine and dine as a family trip specifically to go before the open. As SWGE holds little interest for my 6 year olds, we are planning to avoid it. I would prefer to avoid DHS altogether on the trip, but SDD is one child's favorite ride, so I think we will at least try for a FP for her to do it and sis to do TSM. If in park and it is not total chaos, I would walk throught SWGE, but there is zero chance I am waiting hours to get in or get on any ride. Actually, the August opening has pushed us to plan a trip before school starts to get in all the SDD and TSM we can manage.... not sure how much that will really be given the heat and humidity.

Possible QOTD that is sort of about running, but not really: Not sure if this has been asked already but what is everyone thinking about future SWGE trips? Are you altering your rundisney plans next year so you can go or so you can avoid it? Are you planning pre-ROTR trip or waiting til after?

I ask because my sister and brother-in-law are getting the itch to visit DL or WDW to see it, but are on the fence about dates. And they said I can tag along when they do. So I'm curious how it's playing into people's choice of when to go. I'm guessing marathon weekend people already know :)
ATTQOTDish: Going to DL in September and glad ROTR is not open yet, because I am holding out hope that that is what’s keeping crowds away.

I am also cancelling my race on Sept 14th as that is the day we leave for DLR. I figured I could do the race and make the 10 hour drive, but it’s a downhill road race I picked up to get a higher corral at MW. Since I am trying to have fun at MW and not take it seriously I have decided I don’t need a higher corral and can instead leave for DL earlier in the day, enjoy evening at downtown Disney and watch the fireworks from our hotel’s parking lot.

ATTQOTD: At this moment in time, we plan to rope drop DHS to head to SWGE on 1/14/20 (Tues) and 1/15/20 (Wed) after the marathon weekend races. Those are the last two park days we're there, so we're pushing it as far as we can in our trip in an attempt to diminish the possible crowds. But I'm sure I'm not alone in this strategy. Strategy may change between now and then, and we'll see what happens on Tues to dictate what we end up doing on Wed.

Since it was a possible QOTD shouldn't the acronym have been ATTPQOTD?! :)

We don't have any future runDisney trips planned at this point, and as much as I may want to see SWGE our son isn't really into Star Wars at this point so it may not be a priority on our next trip. We once mentioned we might take him fall of 2020, so it's all he can talk about now. SWGE will be over a year old by then so hopefully the crowds have dropped some by then. If we make it there we make it there if not we don't. The trip will really be focused on what he wants to do.

I was pretty irritated when the announced the WDW opening as we had planned on doing Wine and dine as a family trip specifically to go before the open. As SWGE holds little interest for my 6 year olds, we are planning to avoid it. I would prefer to avoid DHS altogether on the trip, but SDD is one child's favorite ride, so I think we will at least try for a FP for her to do it and sis to do TSM. If in park and it is not total chaos, I would walk throught SWGE, but there is zero chance I am waiting hours to get in or get on any ride. Actually, the August opening has pushed us to plan a trip before school starts to get in all the SDD and TSM we can manage.... not sure how much that will really be given the heat and humidity.

Maybe you will get lucky and all the DHS crowds will head to SWGE and leave SDD and toy story land in general with lower wait times?

ATTPQOTD: OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY - STAR WAAAARRRRSSSSS TALK!!!!!!! :banana: I am entirely too excited for SWGE to open at WDW, lol!

I'm local-ish to WDW: about 100 miles away. And I'm a SW fan. So yeah, I have many plans for SWGE! :rotfl::darth: First up is opening day - totally planning to be there for that. Then I have some weekends through Oct. that look good for some SW and F&WF weekend trips. A family trip for a few days in late Nov. will include SWGE. Dopey training combined with other stuff on the calendar will make any visits in Dec. unlikely, so my first shot at ROTR will probably come in Jan. - I may get a chance to see it during Marathon Weekend, but I'll definitely plan a visit later in the month and/or Feb. and/or March to check it out with my son. Registered for SW Rival Run weekend, so I imagine I'll be back then, too. #ALLtheStarWars

Maybe you will get lucky and all the DHS crowds will head to SWGE and leave SDD and toy story land in general with lower wait times?
I had hoped for this but we will need to make FP plans pretty soon after open so it makes planning a bit more iffy. We will watch to see if the times go down due to people avoiding the park unless going to SWGE, or up because people bail on SWGE and overflow onto TSL and adjust accordingly. Either way, it will be a trip to disney and fun, but I would like to minimize the kid whining.

We're planning a family trip to DL in early January, although we're missing ROTR by a week and a half or so. (Hope for soft opening? Not likely, I realize.)

After that, no idea when I'll be able to get to ROTR. Princess Half trip is with my daughter who's not a big SW person. (That said, if Smuggler's Run impresses her, we may go hit GE for that - she really wasn't expecting much out of FoP and now it's passed Soarin' as her favorite ride.) I can probably hit it on SWRR weekend, but I'm sure it'll be mobbed.

I ask because my sister and brother-in-law are getting the itch to visit DL or WDW to see it, but are on the fence about dates. And they said I can tag along when they do. So I'm curious how it's playing into people's choice of when to go. I'm guessing marathon weekend people already know :)
I am heading back to Disneyland next week and have to take the kid to see it so I am interested to see if it is any different crowd-wise from when we went during opening week when it was reservations only.

ATTPQOTD - Still not headed back to WDW parks for at least another year. I may run a few races, but the parks are out for us for a while longer. Hopefully by the time we return (maybe 2021) there will be enough other new attractions open that SWGE will no longer be insane.

QOTD that is sort of about running, but not really: Not sure if this has been asked already but what is everyone thinking about future SWGE trips? Are you altering your rundisney plans next year so you can go or so you can avoid it? Are you planning pre-ROTR trip or waiting til after?
Well I will have two runDisney trips that have SWGE. Wine and Dine I definitely plan on checking it out. Marathon Weekend have to go back and see Rise of the Resistance. As a resident SWGE expert I cannot wait to see it in person.

Wow, I was starting to wonder if I'd forgotten all my Disney knowledge (our last trips were a Christmas trip in 2014 then I did Tinker Bell and W&D in 2015) and I had to look up what SDD and TSM were. Now I am relieved... they are things that came to the parks after our last trip. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter