• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The star wars spoiler thread

Star Wars Land is not present in the movie. When they announced the land they stated it was going to be something that was not in any of the movies.

Star Wars Land is suppose to be a planet from the Outer Rim. The only think I know that will be there that we have already seen is the Millennium Falcon.

Yes you weren't surprised but that doesn't mean others wouldn't have been. I was spoiled by something you clearly think isn't one and I was pissed. My fiance had guessed it at casting but I didn't as I don't follow interviews as closely as he does so didn't know that particular actors stance on his role. Well when I found out I was so upset that someone spoiled it for me.

Which would be why I said, if he isn't spoiler sensitive. Not everyone is you know. Context. It's terribly important.

Which would be why I said, if he isn't spoiler sensitive. Not everyone is you know. Context. It's terribly important.

Before you said that you said there was no "I am your father" moment and nothing really spoilery. Some people would disagree that there were tons of spoilers. I'm not spoiler sensitive in that it ruined my viewing pleasure by knowing but I prefer to see a movie spoiler free the first time.

Last edited:
Everything was pretty clearly (and deliberately) telegraphed. I wasn't surprised at any point during the movie. Which is fine because I don't think story telling should rely on surprises anyway.

To say that there are no opportunities for spoilers is NUTS. I'm a big fan, since I saw the first film when I was eight years old. As an adult who loves to read, I knew there were only so many directions they could go with the story - and yes, they went in one of the directions my son and I had talked about. Watching it unfold per their plan was thrilling, and I'm glad that I hadn't had it spoiled for me.

Long story short. My son who is 6 is a star wars fan, but he is still a youngling. He saw the first 3 movies, and the third one was a little too dark for him at the time. Nightmares, etc. Now he's finally ready for the next three, and those are sitting under the Christmas tree. We can't very well go see the movie until he's up to date. Which means I'm either going to sit, and slowly get all the spoilers over a painful month or so, or we can rip the band aid off quickly. I don't want to go see it without him......but man I'm tempted.

If he has seen the original trilogy, then you can go see the new film NOW. The "prequels" do offer some backstory to TFA, but very little. Certainly not enough to matter for a 6 year old. This story draws heavily on Han/Leia/Luke/Vader not so much Anakin/Padme/Obi-Wan...

Before you said that you said there was not "I am your father" moment and nothing really spoilery. Some people would disagree that there were tons of spoilers. I'm not spoiler sensitive in that it ruined my viewing pleasure by knowing but I prefer to see a movie spoiler free the first time.

I said no such thing. I said there were no surprises like "I am not your father" and I stand by that because that was a jaw dropping moment that pretty much no one saw coming.

There's no way of telling what one person will consider a spoiler. But we are talking about someone who started a thread ASKING for spoilers!

To say that there are no opportunities for spoilers is NUTS. I'm a big fan, since I saw the first film when I was eight years old. As an adult who loves to read, I knew there were only so many directions they could go with the story - and yes, they went in one of the directions my son and I had talked about. Watching it unfold per their plan was thrilling, and I'm glad that I hadn't had it spoiled for me.

I never even used the word spoilers. Have people lost the ability to read today?

I read nothing advertised as spoilers….

but not a single thing happened that i hadn't contemplated some way/form at some point over the last two years.

It really all went according to a fairly simple plan with easily noticed motivations behind it.

NOW…i'll say this - i understand their approach/resistance to using the "good" star wars as a basis for park construction. It makes a ton more sense now.

Disney reporting an estimated $100 mil plus friday take….

so $57 on thursday…at minimum $100 on friday…both numbers likely to be revised upward some…

That, folks, is how you pass the entire domestic gross of the empire strikes back and raiders of the lost ark in exactly 100 hours.

of course unadjusted.

That is also how you make 14 acres look incredibly small. Not that the Mouse will do anything about it...

I just don't see it being enough. The demand will be extreme. 40 years of pent up adult demand and now a new generation? it's gonna be nuts.

Disney reporting an estimated $100 mil plus friday take….

so $57 on thursday…at minimum $100 on friday…both numbers likely to be revised upward some…

That, folks, is how you pass the entire domestic gross of the empire strikes back and raiders of the lost ark in exactly 100 hours.

of course unadjusted.

The Friday take actually includes the Thursday take because technically it wasn't open thursday that was a early "preview"... silly Hollywood accounting rules.

Never the less and incredible number they're saying it could go as past $250 million for the weekend now. In which case it would exceed the previous high for the top 10 movies in a weekend in December.

Truly enjoyed it. Loved the old school feel; however I think my favorite part is the the ladies are finally getting their real moment with the Force.

Leia... smart dedicated princess helping to lead a resistance... for whatever reason never gets trained in the force, instead whiny Luke gets the mega glory and lightsaber, and Leia is relegated to bikini duty... still a pretty strong character overall.

Amidala... A QUEEN, fighting again... smart and dedicated... again overshadowed by another whiny Skywalker male Anakin... and becomes a weak baby factory by the end.

Finally!!!! Rey gets to have the Force. (Love having Leia back as a general).

I really was so hopeful when listening to Abrams, saying he went to the movies as a kid and had all these male Heros to look up to, and he wanted all the little girls of today to be able to go to this movie and have a big Heroine.

Very pleased with the direction the series is heading so far!!

Nice movie. Really enjoyed it. Made me completely forget the pr*****s. It's like they never happened.

Best line in the movie: "Sometimes when I look into people's eyes ..."

Shame they had to wreck Hogwarts though.

Now two days removed...I'm ready to go back.

First thought was that i "think....I really like it..." That was heavily tinged with phantom movie skepticism...

Yesterday i picked the rehashing choice apart from every angle i could think of...

Today I'm thirsty for more.

So...I guess mission:accomplished

(Abrams will probably reboot some movie and call it that too :) )

The Friday take actually includes the Thursday take because technically it wasn't open thursday that was a early "preview"... silly Hollywood accounting rules.

Never the less and incredible number they're saying it could go as past $250 million for the weekend now. In which case it would exceed the previous high for the top 10 movies in a weekend in December.

Well...wizardry with trick numbers aside...I just read it again and I saw an estimated $140 million before the close Friday...so whatever they are doing when the estimates - it now projects probably $275...which is a
Massive number.

Well there were a couple moments I was surprised.

Yeah, I was surprised at some things as well. I wish I was as prescient as that other guy, but the only thing that I called ahead of time was what happens with Han. The Kylo relationship I did not see ahead of time at all. I think there were a few other surprises also.

But man did I absolutely love that movie. Everyone should go so it. I also went at 7 PM on Thursday night and the crowd was so into the movie it was great. There were people shouting 'Star Wars' or 'I'm actually going to see a real Star Wars movie' out loud ahead of time in the parking lot. It was like going to a tailgate part before a football game. During the movie, people cheered at the beginning, at the introduction of each major character (especially the old cast) and at the end. It was a lot of fun.

Yeah, I was surprised at some things as well. I wish I was as prescient as that other guy, but the only thing that I called ahead of time was what happens with Han. The Kylo relationship I did not see ahead of time at all. I think there were a few other surprises also.

But man did I absolutely love that movie. Everyone should go so it. I also went at 7 PM on Thursday night and the crowd was so into the movie it was great. There were people shouting 'Star Wars' or 'I'm actually going to see a real Star Wars movie' out loud ahead of time in the parking lot. It was like going to a tailgate part before a football game. During the movie, people cheered at the beginning, at the introduction of each major character (especially the old cast) and at the end. It was a lot of fun.

Honestly...people were saying all those things and ecstatic coming out in 1999 too...

I'm more interested in what it's like on January 10th...when people would be going for repeats or "getting around to it"...

The lasting stars movies he legs...the others...didn't.

It really isn't much of a trick. This movie closely echoes the original trilogy. Once you start seeing those echoes it's not hard to see how things should progess. The movie really didn't even make a secret of who Kylo was, they announced that one very early on. It's not like I sat their trying to guess what happens next, if you think about story structure at all it just becomes obvious how things should proceed. Surprise is vastly overrated in stortelling.

And that's exactly why I went at 9am the next day at the Alamo Drafthouse where they don't allow texting or talking. I can't stand people ruining movies making noise. I came to watch the movie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter