The star wars spoiler thread

sachilles

DVC coming to this space soon
Yes I know I spelled the title wrong.....how the heck do I edit that? Never mind, figured it out.

Go ahead talk about the movie here in as much detail as you want. Maybe even armchair imagineer what from the movie will translate to the parks.

If you don't want to know about the Force Awakens don't go below this line of text.

I said don't go below this line of text.

I haven't been to the movie and won't be able to go for a long while, so I'm dying to hear about it.

Last edited:
My advice: go see it.
Long story short. My son who is 6 is a star wars fan, but he is still a youngling. He saw the first 3 movies, and the third one was a little too dark for him at the time. Nightmares, etc. Now he's finally ready for the next three, and those are sitting under the Christmas tree. We can't very well go see the movie until he's up to date. Which means I'm either going to sit, and slowly get all the spoilers over a painful month or so, or we can rip the band aid off quickly. I don't want to go see it without him......but man I'm tempted.

Long story short. My son who is 6 is a star wars fan, but he is still a youngling. He saw the first 3 movies, and the third one was a little too dark for him at the time. Nightmares, etc. Now he's finally ready for the next three, and those are sitting under the Christmas tree. We can't very well go see the movie until he's up to date. Which means I'm either going to sit, and slowly get all the spoilers over a painful month or so, or we can rip the band aid off quickly. I don't want to go see it without him......but man I'm tempted.
I understand but if you can I wouldn't look at all of the spoilers before hand. It's nice to go in and see some surprises.

I loved the movie. There is no way I could have waited a day past last nights opening to go see it. If I were you I would go see it in imax or 3d by myself (like I'm probably going to do this weekend) and then take the family when he is ready to go. Heck, I just got home 12 hours ago and I'm ready to go see it again right now.

Incredibly well done certainly on par with the originals. I thought it maybe had a few too many elements from 'a new hope' in it but at the end of the day that's a small complaint for easily the best movie to come out since Empire strikes back

I understand but if you can I wouldn't look at all of the spoilers before hand. It's nice to go in and see some surprises.

Honestly there really aren't any surprises in that sense. There's no "I am your father" moment in the movie. If he's not spoiler sensitive there's really no harm in him reading the spoilers, it won't hurt his enjoyment.

If he wants to see the spoilers, he's already seen them. They are kinda all over that "google" thing. :D :D

I really enjoyed the movie, they've done a phenomenal job creating Rey. She's a great character with a good arc.

The only real spoiler of course is Ben Solo... I think the dynamic of showing a "weak" antagonist is interesting. Its the inverse of Luke Skywalker right? Here's this "weak" Jedi who doesn't know what he can do, who was trained too late and was always being lured to the Dark Side. Now we have Ben, who is dark and evil, but struggling with the light. And there are a bunch of things that can be played with in the new movies to come - Rey's relationship (who is Rey?), Finn showing him the way (a stormtrooper turned good), Leia, General Hux's jealousy/doubt pushing him away, and Snope's push to finish his training.

I do feel like the movie was rushed... I feel like there was more story telling that could have been done... BUT... they needed to reach the end of that arc in the first story to really lock people in. But the rapid ascent of Rey to experience her powers, the whole Star Killer base, etc lacked depth. They flushed Han out pretty good, which I think was a big part of this movie - but I could've used more of the rest of the story.

Now... with all that said. 3 things come to mind. 1) I wanted MORE - thats good. 2) I cannot wait for Episode 8 - thats good. 3) I really really like the characters. I love Rey and Kylo as characters. I see so much potential to expand Hux, Finn, Poe. So, that means that this is an A+ in terms of leading into the future. Its an A-/A movie for me until I see it again and see the staying power, but the position in the universe and where it ranks and whether it was the movie we needed? That's an A+.

I guess I'm curious to know what subject matter from the movie will move into the parks. What is the drop dead obvious choice? What is the icon of star wars land?

I guess I'm curious to know what subject matter from the movie will move into the parks. What is the drop dead obvious choice? What is the icon of star wars land?

BB8 is the drop dead obvious choice
Kylo Ren the new Disney Villain
Finn and Ren

Honestly there really aren't any surprises in that sense. There's no "I am your father" moment in the movie. If he's not spoiler sensitive there's really no harm in him reading the spoilers, it won't hurt his enjoyment.

What? I went last night and my family would chop my head off if I mentioned at least one "incident" that happened.

WARNING WARNING ACTUAL REAL SPOILER FROM THE FILM, seriously now, if you have not seen the film, make the decision if you really want to read a major plot line

Kylo Ren , the new villain, is the son of Leia and Hans Solo, Ben Solo and he kills his father, Hans Solo in a similar staged scene as Luke and Darth Vader

What? I went last night and my family would chop my head off if I mentioned at least one "incident" that happened.

Everything was pretty clearly (and deliberately) telegraphed. I wasn't surprised at any point during the movie. Which is fine because I don't think story telling should rely on surprises anyway.

Everything was pretty clearly (and deliberately) telegraphed. I wasn't surprised at any point during the movie. Which is fine because I don't think story telling should rely on surprises anyway.

Yes you weren't surprised but that doesn't mean others wouldn't have been. I was spoiled by something you clearly think isn't one and I was pissed. My fiance had guessed it at casting but I didn't as I don't follow interviews as closely as he does so didn't know that particular actors stance on his role. Well when I found out I was so upset that someone spoiled it for me.

Yes you weren't surprised but that doesn't mean others wouldn't have been. I was spoiled by something you clearly think isn't one and I was pissed. My fiance had guessed it at casting but I didn't as I don't follow interviews as closely as he does so didn't know that particular actors stance on his role. Well when I found out I was so upset that someone spoiled it for me.

Agreed, if I said this happened to so and so-OMG they would freak.

Star Wars Land is not present in the movie. When they announced the land they stated it was going to be something that was not in any of the movies.

Well there were a couple moments I was surprised.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter