The Tag Fairy

Thanks for the explanation Mac. Seems like something silly and frivolous that you would find at disney anyways.....I think Universal tags would have some vulgarities and insults, they're just cool like that.

i hear ya, but miss my "universal is kewl " tag.

i loved posting on the disney threads and recognized as someone from the universal boards..........

it meant i was kewl

Yep, sort of like idenity theft!:eek: I've been :scared: straight...

None of that happiest celebration on earth drivel here :cool2: Univ. boards calls 'em as they sees 'em.

Did you get the Univ. email this weekend as to their special (a coupon book that needs to be used by April? woo-hoo)! Gave up getting a good rate @ Loews for June, will give Disney all my dollars that trip.

Did you ever secure one for October? - I'm still hoping/trying; best I could find was close to $300/night. Let my AP expire, guess I'll renew someday.

keisha, try again for october. my rate on site at universal is 183.20/night.

that is with aaa

They still have RP for that rate on Sat. 10/14, decisions.

Do you know what time they close the parks to get ready for HHN?

Gosh, I am still not getting notification of activity on this thread!! Macraven, you should go to the Tech board and ask them to repost the Tag you lost...I hear they will do that! You can even pick your color!! :teeth:

My MIL died the end of January and I have not been handling it very well. I guess I was weirding out 'cause alot of people on the CB are ignoring me...you guys may be the only ones left who will still answer me by now!! :rotfl2: I think there are people over there that are alot weirder than I am, if you can imagine, and they attract a circle of friends! WTH!? :confused3

A couple of nice people on the CB posted that I should write down my feelings or cry things out and I did both and it really helped alot! I just feel a little down and drained, now. :worried:

Are you guys both going to USO in October? DH wants to take a short trip down in October so he and our youngest son can go to HHN. He gets a couple of days off of school in October and DH thought that would be a good time but I don't know when that will be just yet.

Signed,

Crazy In Montana :3dglasses

mtblujeans.........screw them over there on that board.

come on over to the test thread and join us. we are weird but not too tacky.
we talk about nothing........and everythings.

yea, i am hitting hhn this october during the second weekend.
go then and hang with me.
i won't let them scare ya.

mtblujeans, so sorry for your loss:sad1: people can be so cruel.

Unfortunately, sometimes the written word looks a lot worse on screen.

They say the Univ. threads are tuff...they've got nothing on some CB ones (small-minded & very clique-ish IMO).

BTW, you say you're weird ??? Do you have papers to prove it? (DH used to work w/a guy that was so strange he carried a note from his doctor certifying that he wasn't insane :crazy2: guess he had to produce it several times to avoid being carted off...

We're squeezing our DVC points/air vouchers/AP's & going in June & Oct. this year :woohoo: Hard to justify the extra expense that Univ would entail (but, I'm working on it).

Thanks so much guys!! :hug: I thought I might have to leave the boards and actually get my housework done!! :rotfl: **shudder** I will check out the test thread! I have been around this place every week for the last 2 years and I just can't seem to get it out of my system!!

We were supposed to take the boys and my daughter, her boyfriend, and my grandson to WDW this year to celebrate son's graduation. With the funeral and arrangements being made, hubby has gone back to the midwest 2 times and we have to go back one more time to bring back things he has inherited. He is self-employed and does not want to go to WDW with the rest of us and miss any more work. Plus, we will have young calves around then and he wants to keep an eye on them. We had put the planning of a WDW trip on the back burner with this family situation.

The boys want to go right after graduation in June so they can catch Star Wars Weekends. My daughter and grandson have never been to Florida or WDW or USO! So, now I have to quickly put the trip together, go down without my hubby, and keep everybody happy between going to certain activities that are only going on that weekend and helping the kids who have never been there see and do what they might be interested in....and this may be the only trip to WDW they may ever take! I love going to Florida any time of the year but I just can't get into this trip planning! :headache:

Then, DH suddenly decided he wants to take us to USO in October because our youngest son loves HHN and the last time we went for HHN, DH ended up in the hospital.....that was a weird trip! So, I need to start planning the October trip, too!

It will all work out and, once I get there, I will enjoy the trips....but, I just can't get motivated for the fun right now! :crowded:

I agree, keishashadow, the written word looks a lot worse on screen! And I have such a dry, sacastic sense of humor....I think that may even look worse in writing! :rotfl2:

Well, I will let you know when we finally figure out when we are going to USO and I do want to get together with either or both of you, if we can! I have never met someone from the boards and I am looking forward to it!! :grouphug:

I'll have to check into that paperwork!! :crazy:

mtblujeans, i will be at uo oct 6-10

if you go at that time, you will see me.

prior to that, i will be at disney

yes, it is great to meet people form the boards.

mtblujeans, you left the test thread too soon.

people are yaking at ya

and, they are being silly again.

O, gosh....I was PMing with mommytotwo about her pregnancy! I didn't check the boards before I left! I'll have to go back....

Hey, I got this email from TravelZoo: "Orlando Hotel near Universal Studios with Free Breakfast through June 23!

The upscale Crowne Plaza Resort Orlando is offering rooms for just $89 per night, now through June 23--including weekends! To make each day a little better, the resort is including a FREE full breakfast for two, as well as waiving its daily $8 resort fee. They also provide complimentary transportation to the local attractions. With all of these extras, you save well over 50% OFF your stay.
Each room has either a king bed or two double beds and a mini-fridge. Amenities include two pools, two Jacuzzis, a youth pool, game room, fitness center, volleyball courts, tennis courts and the Old Key West style Pineapple Grille Restaurant & Lounge. The resort also has two golf courses just minutes away.

To take advantage of this special, you must book by March 9.

Blackout dates: March 13-15 & 23-25

To Book: Call the Crowne Plaza Resort Orlando directly at 1-407-239-1222 and mention "4-ZOZ" as the Promo Code." 11.5% tax NOT included.

Crowne Plaza Orlando
12000 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32821
phone: 1-407-239-1222

Is anyone familiar with the Crowne Plaza Resort Orlando?

fan club card does not have any discounts on the rooms.

you can get tickets at a decent price by ordering thru the fan club website.
come to think of it i haven't checked out the site in about a year. who knows if they have put in the hotel discounts..........

card also gives discounts on some merch and items listed on the website.
next time i sign in on my card, i will post it all here.

i do know spencers is on the list of discounts.

Hi guys

macraven - how did you get a card for the FAN site. DH got the FAN club info & a member/code number to use @ work a few years ago but, employer didn't give him a card - just info for the web site. I did order our tix there for '05, quite a bit cheaper than the Universal site as I recall.

mtblujeans - we think alike (June & Oct.) LOL. So far we miss SW weekend by 1 weekend. Our school dist. doesn't let out for summer until June 9th & I always like to cover the bases for snow days by @ least a week. Of course, we haven't even had a delay this year so far. Last year they extended it 1 week, hope they so this year too.

The first weekend of the month (gay days) is projected to be very crowded. We've gone the 3rd week of June before & it rained so hard EVERY day, it kept the locals away & parks were manageable.

Think we'll have to pass on Univ. this year to economize, wouldn't be the same w/o FOTL:blush: Starting to miss it already. Have WDW AP's already & really can't justify the extra expense since I need to start saving for a trip "Out West" next June (DL, Vegas & Grand Canyon).

You sound like you are on the same schedule we are....the last day of school for youngest DS is June 9th, half day. Oldest DS graduates this year so he will be done with school by the 2nd with graduation on the 3rd. I was going to pull DS out of school to go to WDW but I am still not sure if I can do that without causing a problem for him. That is the only way we can make the SWW, tho'. :confused3

I thought I read that they were no longer using the Fan Club cards but just issuing numbers..... not sure about that.

I have been to WDW in December, in the past, and the rain was very different than what we experience up here! :rotfl: It would start to rain and people would start running for shelter and DH and I would look at each other and say "it's just a little rain, what's the big deal?" but then it got harder and harder and the it practically knocked us down and then we laughed about it saying "oh, now we get it"! :rotfl:

I was thinking about getting an AP for WDW and using it for discounts for the June trip and then using it for a couple of days in October. DH is only interested in going to USO in October but I wouldn't mind checking out EPCOT in October, too. They really want to do HHN and I thought about going to WDW while they did that.....oh, I just don't know! I don't think they will let me skip HHN! :rotfl2:

I have never been to Vegas & Grand Canyon! That would be a good trip! You know, they have a US in Southern CA and you can use the Fan Club discounts there, too! :smooth:

With the rain comes the lizards:eek: lots & lots of them, scurrying around...

DS's thought it was a highlight of trip, wanted to bring one home. The AS's had tons of them. CM said the rain brings them out.

According to local tv station, one day we had close to 10 inches of rain. Do know that it shredded our $ store ponchos & we had to buy the MM ones which we're still recycling.

Other than the cost, I'm getting nervous about all that dessert driving. Oldest DS keeps telling me how people "go missing" all the time out there?

Epcot will have food & wine fest. in Oct. & MNSSHP, looking forward to villian parade. Sad to think we'll miss U & HHN, maybe next time.

Your DH wound up in hospital @ Universal? Hope it wasn't due to HHN.

I don't remember lizards.....we'll have to pay more attention! :rotfl2:

I hadn't thought about that desert driving..... :guilty: I guess that is true! :teeth: You'll have to be suspeciously aware!! :rotfl2:

:rolleyes: Poor DH!! I don't want to make him sound bad....'cause you guys might meet him some day! :lmao: But, he is a stubborn, work-a-holic and very driven! He is overweight had high blood pressure and refused to have it treated (so stubborn). We had planned the trip to USO and he really didn't want to go....he did not want to leave his cows and his office work. I think he stressed himself so much about leaving all that work behind, we got very sick. We had lunch at the Hard Rock and he was uncharacteristically grumpy. As we were leaving the building he said he was having indigestion and then his chest was hurting and he pulled me aside from the boys and said he thought he might be having a heart attack. We rushed over to the emergency office and they thought he was having a heart attack, too. They gave him aspirin and called an ambulance and had him transported to a hospital. A USO employee took us to our hotel so we could put some things away and grab jackets and then took us over to the hospital. They were GREAT!! Poor DH spent most of the rest of the week in the hospital having invasive tests done on his heart. (We have a 'souvenir' dvd of DH's heart beating from the inside!) He did not have a heart attack but they said he needed to get his blood pressure under control and he has done that. We are both trying to lose a little weight, also. It really scared us all so badly.....

I had bought passes for him and the boys to go to HHN that week and he was still in the hospital so I ended up going with them. The boys thought it was more fun because they were taking their screaming mom around the park all night!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Are you going to go to WDW in October?

Where I come from we want the men-folk to work - hard, overtime, excessively...someone has to foot the bill for the vacations ;) .

Do know what you mean about over doing it. Poor guy, he was probably still worrying about the business @ home & never really did relax. Bet he'll never forget that vacation!

Glad to hear all was well. HBP is insidious...you don't have to be old, overweight or ill to "have it", a true, silent killer.

We've only seen the lizards @ the AS's (and in Myrtle Beach) - those guys know how to live! My boys shot nearly a roll of film of lizard close-ups, including candid shots of themselves & their new-found friends.

We'll be @ WDW beginning either Sat., Oct. 7th or 8th & will return home on the 14th or 15th, depending on what AP deals I can find. CM's advised me to book whatever rooms we want for late June (we used AAA) and then try to "flip" them to the AP rates when they are announced on the assumption we should have a good chance @ actually obtaining the discount. I was operating under the misconception that the AP rate was guaranteed - ha!

Even though we do belong to DVC, I'm frugal and stretch our points over several trips. I absolutely hate to pay triple the amount of week-day points to stay on the weekends. In June we're switching our room twice in 7 nights...got a feeling it will get old fast & we'll want to limit it to 1 switch in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter