The Trip Is On!!! Trip report starts on pg. 39

Hi Michele, enjoyed the next couple installments of Duffy's Adventures!!! The headboard all lit up would be cool.......but the rooms seem so dark now. I miss the "retro" look they had!!

I forget.......what view did you have?? Just wondering if you got a sneak peak behind all the construction walls of the grounds or not.

Hi Michele, enjoyed the next couple installments of Duffy's Adventures!!! The headboard all lit up would be cool.......but the rooms seem so dark now. I miss the "retro" look they had!!

I forget.......what view did you have?? Just wondering if you got a sneak peak behind all the construction walls of the grounds or not.

No, unfortunately we were on the other side. I need to put a picture or two of the parking lot up on here.

The room seems dark but they really aren't.

I may talk bad about it but I still love it. I need to find out if I can get Dina's pictures to post too. She took a lot of pictures in there.

Thanks it's good to be back.

I feel the same way about IASW...too many trips through my brain/ears cannot take but a DL trip without at least one ride through is a travesty.

Glad you got moving again...I too am nearing the end of my TR then the waiting for our next trip will have to begin in earnest. It seems so far away!

Love the pics of the hotel..I will get to stay there eventually..we are thinking possibly doing just one night at the DLH or PPH on our October trip or the whole trip spring of 2012.

No, unfortunately we were on the other side. I need to put a picture or two of the parking lot up on here.

The room seems dark but they really aren't.

I think it's the dark woods that give it that feel. I think thats why I enjoyed the PPH so much.......I loved the light colored woods in there. I had the same problem with the Carousel Inn......dark woods just made it seem darker & more dreary.

I feel the same way about IASW...too many trips through my brain/ears cannot take but a DL trip without at least one ride through is a travesty.

Glad you got moving again...I too am nearing the end of my TR then the waiting for our next trip will have to begin in earnest. It seems so far away!

Love the pics of the hotel..I will get to stay there eventually..we are thinking possibly doing just one night at the DLH or PPH on our October trip or the whole trip spring of 2012.

I hope you do. It has some great things about it.

I think it's the dark woods that give it that feel. I think thats why I enjoyed the PPH so much.......I loved the light colored woods in there. I had the same problem with the Carousel Inn......dark woods just made it seem darker & more dreary.

I think you are right. I notice that about the GCH too. Every picture I have ever seen the room is dark.

And the PPH is definitely brighter but I am still a big fan of the DLH.

I wanted to include views from our room.

2011-02-22090944-1.jpg

2011-02-22090952.jpg

2011-02-21133318-1.jpg

The headboard.

2011-02-22090944.jpg

2011-02-22090959.jpg

2011-02-22091008.jpg

2011-02-22061134.jpg

The bedspread.

We had the best intentions to get up and do the MM but you know this trip was never about rushing about it was about fun and relaxation. So the alarm was reset for as late as we felt we could and still go to the park for a while before the long road home. I had big plans for the day it didn't matter what else I did I needed to get Scotty a new Davey Crockett hat and a picture of Duffy with Mickey Mouse. Peanut loves Mickey Mouse and that made it so important to me. Dina had a different goal, she wanted to ride Nemo, so we headed to the Monorail after sending our baggage off to the bell desk.

2011-02-21144931.jpg

Definitely riding the Monorail. I love the ground in the DTD station.

We got to the park and headed our separate ways. It looked like Dina was going to be in the ride for a while so that meant I should have time to do what I wanted. I headed straight to Frontierland I wanted to get the hat and get that over with. I think I spent more in that store than I did anywhere else except when I bought the Duffy's and the clothes for my Duffy. I got Scotty his hat, an adorable Pluto that is wearing a Davy Crockett raccoon skin hat. He is so cute I will be posting pictures of my purchases after I finish the trip report itself. Not all of the things because I have sent several of them away and I can only show you what I kept for Scotty and I.

After my fun trip to Frontierland I went to Fantasyland hoping to see Rapunzel but alas that was not to be this trip.

001-17.jpg

Duffy wanted a chance to pose in the Teacup.

I then thought I would take my chances on seeing Mickey Mouse on Main Street so I was off to get to find the big cheese himself. I was in luck, he was there. Of course there was a line but I managed to get in line before they closed it. Thank goodness.

002-18.jpg

Here it is. My prize picture from the trip. This was the one picture I had to have.

After getting my prized Mickey Mouse picture all of the characters were going on break and Dina was headed my way so I sat and waited. While I was sitting there I was enjoying my last look down Main Street until my next trip. Amazingly I was not as sad to leave as I normally am. This trip had managed to fulfill the need I had felt at the end of my last trip.

004-17.jpg

The Emporium from my bench seat.

After Dina joined me we went over to the Emporium for the last time this trip. I needed to get one more Buzz Lightyear ball point pen. I am so glad that I did. Loren wanted one too.

After leaving the Emporium we started that slow walk out of the park to go find somewhere to eat breakfast. We decided to get our breakfast at La Brea Bakery and because they were still serving a sit down breakfast we would have an actually sit down meal. That way maybe we wouldn't be as hungry on the way home. By this point we really missed our families and wanted to go home. I had classic platter with the apple cinnamon sausage, eggs, potatoes, and some of their wonderful sourdough. Their sausage was so good. Yummy.

All too soon we were on the highway home.

008-16.jpg

I saw this billboard and I had to take this picture. It is so subtle to me.

Sounds like you had a good last day at the parks

Got the main things down you both wanted to do

Cute pic of Mickey and Duffy :lovestruc

Sounds like you had a good last day at the parks

Got the main things down you both wanted to do

Cute pic of Mickey and Duffy :lovestruc

I know. I loved it. I hope to put up a few last pictures tomorrow. Of the loot like my backpack.

Love your pics ! Esp the one of Mickey & Duffy really nice shot!

I must say I really don't like what the DLH's new blue windows do to the view, at least in the pictures I have seen.

Sorry your TR is ending...seems like a lot of those I have been following are ending this week..probably mine included. So sad, but time to move on to our future trips instead of our memories...

Great pics Michele. The ones that I like is the room view of the CM parking lot from the DLH.

Love your pics ! Esp the one of Mickey & Duffy really nice shot!

I must say I really don't like what the DLH's new blue windows do to the view, at least in the pictures I have seen.

Sorry your TR is ending...seems like a lot of those I have been following are ending this week..probably mine included. So sad, but time to move on to our future trips instead of our memories...

One good thing about the windows is the room will probably be cooler in the summer. The rooms used to get really hot.

I really like the picture of Mickey and Duffy. I was going to leave it as the last picture but that Diet Coke billboard was so great I wanted to share it.

I am sorry to see our trip reports end too. My next trip report will be in the California and the West section. We are going to go on a camping trip.

Great pics Michele. The ones that I like is the room view of the CM parking lot from the DLH.

You know I am glad you mentioned that it was a CM parking lot. We debated whether it was a CM parking lot or not because there were always cars in one section. Then it must open to guests because after the parks are open it really fills up.

You know I am glad you mentioned that it was a CM parking lot. We debated whether it was a CM parking lot or not because there were always cars in one section. Then it must open to guests because after the parks are open it really fills up.

Originally, I thought it was a parking lot for the guests. But everytime I have walked past it when I was staying at BW Stovalls, than I realized that it was a CM parking lot for the hotel workers. I have seen a couple of CMs that worked at one of the hotels and walked over to the parking lot.

Originally, I thought it was a parking lot for the guests. But everytime I have walked past it when I was staying at BW Stovalls, than I realized that it was a CM parking lot for the hotel workers. I have seen a couple of CMs that worked at one of the hotels and walked over to the parking lot.

I think they use it for overflow too. The way it was filling up on President's Day it had to be being used for overflow.

I think they use it for overflow too. The way it was filling up on President's Day it had to be being used for overflow.

Okay, I didn't see that parking lot that day since I was in the Mickey & Friends parking structure the whole day before I went back home on Monday. That does make sense, especially the resort have the parking lots on Harbor Blvd.

Okay, I didn't see that parking lot that day since I was in the Mickey & Friends parking structure the whole day before I went back home on Monday. That does make sense, especially the resort have the parking lots on Harbor Blvd.

When we went up to our room to get settled before going to the park we were watching the people pour in and boy were they pouring in that afternoon.

I hope you do. It has some great things about it.
I think you are right. I notice that about the GCH too. Every picture I have ever seen the room is dark.

And the PPH is definitely brighter but I am still a big fan of the DLH.

At WDW they have a resort called Animal Kingdom Lodge -- it has the same dark wood and dark colors, highlighted by some oranges and reds. I generally prefer light and airy themes, but after I mentally reset my mind for dark African theming, I found I really liked it. There was a 'back to nature' relaxation for me.

The dark headboards reminded me of that feeling in AKL.

I love, love, :lovestruc that picture of Mickey and Duffy! It is phenomenal! Jason is going to love it!

Yes, that billboard was great! "Stay extraordinary" -- I think I'm going to use that in my scrapbook pages!

I'm glad to hear that leaving DL this time wasn't as sad. You were able to accomplish what you set out to do and I know that had a lot to do with it.

Can't wait to see all the purchases.:thumbsup2

Sad to see the end of another trip report. But I am glad you, D, and Duffy all had a good time! Looking forward to seeing some of those purchases! :)

At WDW they have a resort called Animal Kingdom Lodge -- it has the same dark wood and dark colors, highlighted by some oranges and reds. I generally prefer light and airy themes, but after I mentally reset my mind for dark African theming, I found I really liked it. There was a 'back to nature' relaxation for me.

The dark headboards reminded me of that feeling in AKL.

I love, love, :lovestruc that picture of Mickey and Duffy! It is phenomenal! Jason is going to love it!

Yes, that billboard was great! "Stay extraordinary" -- I think I'm going to use that in my scrapbook pages!

I'm glad to hear that leaving DL this time wasn't as sad. You were able to accomplish what you set out to do and I know that had a lot to do with it.

Can't wait to see all the purchases.:thumbsup2

Thanks Marsha. I will be trying to get all the pictures taken later. And post them.

Sad to see the end of another trip report. But I am glad you, D, and Duffy all had a good time! Looking forward to seeing some of those purchases! :)

Thank you Andrea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter