• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The WDW Comeback: Before/After Game

I'll take that bet. How confident are you? 10 to 1 odds?

I'm very confident it ain't coming back at least under this management team 20 bucks to the winners favorite charity. The reason i'm confident is Disney has devolved into a bean counting company and they will not bring anything back unless it makes an immediate measurable contribution to the bottom line. in 2015 WDW had 5 parades daily down to ONE in 2020 and in 2021 none and covid was the excuse to whack the last one.

Parades were among my favorite thing at Disney, Still miss Spectromagic but if one puts on the 'bean counter' goggles you can see why parades are not popular with the financial types they require hundreds of CM's and worse people are not shopping in the stores and eating in the restaurants. The parade stuff sales don't make a measurable offset in 'sales lost due to parades'.

Bean counter goggles off. Disney has forgotten that fireworks and parades and entertainment are part of what we paid for when we bought a ticket. The new management philosophy is why I call WDW 'A mall with a cover charge' Just because I say something is unlikely to make a return does not mean I don't want it back, It means I'm thinking like a Disney cost accountant not what I want as a guest.

because WDW has cut so much I no longer visit because the admission price is much higher than the value received from that ticket. Not long ago one went to WDW with a expectation of seeing something new, For me and others like me being a long time visitor means that the experience is what else was cut with no replacement while I was gone things used to change especially in innoventions and AK now just cuts.

Last edited:

Methinks just wishful thinking, Wall Street Disney does not want those employees back, They want new bodies to start at the bottom (and never allowed to rise).
With the union contract signed several years ago, the min wage will be $15 an hour I believe sometime this year. I would guess the vast majority of non supervisor cast members made less than that, I do not think there is any issue in bringing back the laid off cast members. You can be negative on Disney but still be logical.

With the union contract signed several years ago, the min wage will be $15 an hour I believe sometime this year. I would guess the vast majority of non supervisor cast members made less than that, I do not think there is any issue in bringing back the laid off cast members. You can be negative on Disney but still be logical.

Yes the MINIMUM wage will be 15, but many of the long term CM's were making more so it's unlikely they will be called back because Disney does not want to pay for experienced workers even though they are more productive.

Yes the MINIMUM wage will be 15, but many of the long term CM's were making more so it's unlikely they will be called back because Disney does not want to pay for experienced workers even though they are more productive.
Here we can agree to disagree, I do NOT believe that there were a great number of long time employees who were making $15 a hour. There are a few positions that are paid a little high (bus drivers, mechanical maint), but most of housekeeping, in park cm's were keep very low.

Never is a long time.

Parades are both of the brand and they happen in every park on the planet. They will be back.

Never is a long time.

Parades are both of the brand and they happen in every park on the planet. They will be back.

not under this management team which in 5 years went from 5 daily parades to zero daily parades.

However if you go to the OLC disney parks in Japan the parades change according to the seasons, And they get new ones every few years.

not under this management team which in 5 years went from 5 daily parades to zero daily parades.

However if you go to the OLC disney parks in Japan the parades change according to the seasons, And they get new ones every few years.

Um, in March 2020 they debuted a big brand new parade at Disneyland - Magic Happens - shortly before the closure.

And it was TWICE a day too! Afternoon and dusk/evening.

Parades will be back.

Last edited:
Um, in March 2020 they debuted a big brand new parade at Disneyland - Magic Happens - shortly before the closure.

And it was TWICE a day too! Afternoon and dusk/evening.

Parades will be back.

Not at WDW, DL is another story cancelling parades permanently out there would cause the LA times and the TV and Radio stations to go into a 24x7 orgy of condemnation of TWDC, Ever wonder why only a few thousand workers at DL got sacked while the park is CLOSED whereas at WDW 24,000 got the axe. Its because no one cares for the park. In LA DL is ‘their’ park and the average person cares what happens there. Not so in Orlando so Orlando Disney has become the ATM for the rest of the company, Is the latest tentpole a flop, cancel something at WDW and send the funds saved to the studios

Not at WDW, DL is another story cancelling parades permanently out there would cause the LA times and the TV and Radio stations to go into a 24x7 orgy of condemnation of TWDC, Ever wonder why only a few thousand workers at DL got sacked while the park is CLOSED whereas at WDW 24,000 got the axe. Its because no one cares for the park. In LA DL is ‘their’ park and the average person cares what happens there. Not so in Orlando so Orlando Disney has become the ATM for the rest of the company, Is the latest tentpole a flop, cancel something at WDW and send the funds saved to the studios

MK’s Festival of Fantasy was not on the chopping block. It’ll be back.

MK’s Festival of Fantasy was not on the chopping block. It’ll be back.

Nothing is on the chopping block at WDW until its on the chopping block (because the numbers arent sparkly this quarter) and the ‘closed for refurbishment’ signs show up to remain there for decades.

Two topics today:

Topic 21 - Will either Port Orleans open:
Before/After: 11/1/2021

Topic 22 - When will we be Happily Ever After again? When it will return at MK?
Before/After: 7/31/2021

Two topics today:

Before!

Before!

Before! My hope is that we at least get Harmonious for the 4th

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter