• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

There's no time to slumber we're going back in November! we came we saw and started a TR for it all!

You sneaky devil!!!

Ahh who cares you're going back!!! YAY!

Love the dates. I saw the castle all light up in 2011 with my cheer girls and LOVED it so I can totally see how you want to go back for that.

ADR plans sounds awesome! CP before park opening is to DIE for. Are you going for the early? And I got BOG so I can't wait to talk bout that when I get back!

YAY!!!

Have I told you how excited I am for you????

Love all your ADR choices especially O'Hana breakfast and Garden Grill. Jim and I loved Garden Grill in May, it was our favorite from that trip. I just wish it was open for lunch because we are usually back in WS around dinner time.

Yeah for the Christmas Party! It takes a ton of planning to get everything in but well worth it! Well I had fun at mine up until the point it started pouring. Hope your weather is perfect!

Have you been to 50s Prime Time before? I think your family will love it because you guys will get into the craziness that goes on there!

I'm feeling your pain on the booking ADRs before you know what the schedule is. Star Wars Weekends starts on May 15th and they still haven't shared the events schedule. I have booked the two Star Wars meals, but I can't figure out the rest of the trip because I don't want Emma and DJ to miss out on any of the special events.

That is the week we are hoping to go as well. After Jersey Week and before Thanksgiving. My DH moves a bit slower so I hope to take the plunge and book by the end of March. We also have three kids but all boys, 9, 7 and 4. I read your first trip report and I think I cried when I read how you were waiting for them to come home from school.
You might have mentioned but where are you planning on staying? We have done AofA and loved the family suites but silly me just realized it is cheaper for us to do a moderate.
So happy for you and have fun planning, I will be reading along.

Take care

Cue my jealousy!!!!!!! I want to plan!!!! :) Well, I've been trying to plan for the vow renewal but they won't even let me talk to a coordinator at Disney Fairytale Weddings & Honeymoons until I actually book the thing which isn't til next June. I'm ready now, people!!!

I agree with your kids--Good Life is just a torturous song to listen to when you've got the Disney Blues!:sad: Lucky ducks. :teeth: I'm so excited for you to plan together and go again! :tinker:

I finally made it. I have been hit and miss with work the last couple of days. Kids and their numerous appointments! I am super excited you get to go back. I have often wondered about November, but with college, that won't be an option for a very long time.

I told the kids I was planning one for summer 2016 and Marissa was upset because she was wanting to do a language intensive for the summer and wouldn't be able to go. I had to tell her that I wasn't going to be my aunt that always waited for her girls to be able to go at the same time and never got around to being able to go. I would plan the trip and whatever kids are available, will go. She isn't so excited to be an adult now. I wish I had started going when they were younger, so I am all for you trying to fit in as many trips as you can.

I cannot wait to hear about all the rest of the planning, that you haven't already done. Being along for someone else planning a trip is almost as good as planning one myself.

I'm here. I'm so happy that you are going back this year. Can't wait to hear more of the details.
Liz

Hooray! Joining in again! So exciting to have a trip planned when you don't think you will be going back for awhile. I think it's absolutely adorable how much Disney means to your kids, especially Meg. That is pretty awesome! Looking forward to reading more!

I thought Jersey week was the first week of November (1-7), which means your original dates would have been the week after. Just curious where you saw second week. Thanks

I'm so glad that you were able to book another Disney trip. Your kids must have been ecstatic when you told them about it. :)

We just got back from our four day, seven person, extended family trip - and it poured rain all day Saturday. I thought about your family and the ponchos. At least we had a two BR villa at OKW with a washer and dryer to save the day.

I'm in! I'm so excited that we will be trip planning around the same time! I'm sure I could pick up some tips from you. I need to finish your TR, though. I think I would've started my PTR by now, except I spend too much time reading everyone's TRs to actually create my own :rotfl:That and I'm leaning toward doing a combo PTR/TR from 2013/dining review. Yep, I'm nuts, but I figure that will keep me busy until the end of October :rotfl2:

Well, well, well…seems you can keep a secret from us just as well as from your kiddos! Good for you! I'm glad you changed your dates. Dan and I went during Jersy week and it was busier than we were used to. Still better than a lot of dates, but we vowed to never go at that time again. I've been reading your TR and trying to get caught up. Loving it as usual! Love those pics of TOT on your last day. Every one of them would make an amazing jigsaw puzzle!

I AM jealous that you'll be there for the Christmas decorations. They never get old. I'm excited for you!! Am I reading between the lines and seeing that you'll be having some DIS buddies along as well??? I sure do hope so! It was sooo fun to spend time with you and your family in September. I felt I'd known you forever. And I could eat your kids with a spoon, they are so adorable. Your ADRs look really good. There will probably be free dining offered at that time. Can't wait to see where you are staying. I'll go out on a limb and guess the Poly…

Well, it was great getting caught up. I'll try not to be gone so long next time. I've missed my DIS friends a lot. Life has been crazy for me in regards to my parents and other things. But I'm hoping to be back on a more regular basis. Have a great day!!

Here from the FB group!

Our dates overlap! Maybe a DisMeet? We are going Nov 12-18th. I looked at the crowd calendar and it's calling for mostly 3's with a 4 or two thrown in there. When we went in November 2013 (13th-19th) the crowds were very manageable. Hoping for great weather!

Last edited:
Following along from the November FB group!! We will be there during the same time!!!! I would love to have a DisMeet if possible! :) We had the original dates you had and I changed them for the same reason...LOL! Our dates are 11/15-11/20...just me and the DH. Feel free to following along with my PTR...I would LOVE your input!

Hugs, Sandy

How great, another trip! I'm sure your kids are thrilled. And I'm thrilled about another entertaining TR. :)

We're going to be there 11/21 - 11/28 so we may see you guys before you leave or we may see you on the road to/from Chicago. Probably staying offsite, but not entirely sure yet. Our oldest daughter just got into DCP Fall Advantage so everything is pretty much up in the air now.

:welcome:
Holy Humbled batman! Thank you all from coming aboard! I'm so jazzed to have my friends still with me and to make NEW ONES!

tumblr_mxm5cpgxZN1r9xkz5o10_r1_250.gif

Let's get this party STARTED!

Our first is for Star Wars Weekends mid-May. My DD is a HUGE Star Wars fan and has been begging for a few years to go. We had a two free RT tickets on Southwest, APs and we're DVC members, so it's only costing me one plane ticket, food and souvies. Gotta love Disney math, right?

OHHHHHHHH I SO want to do star wars weekend!!! But i will not do it until the kids are older and can fend for themselves. just in case we get separated I kinda like my kids right now and don't want to lose them.. But i'm sure then they are teenagers i won't be too upset about it!
You have a GREAT deal going for you!!!

The second this year is mid-September. We usually try for one longer trip each year and this one is timed just before our APs expire, so we'll get three trips on them.

NICE!!!! So happy for you!!!

Thanks for the bat signal otherwise, I'd probably missed out on all the fun!

Your welcome!!! glad your here!!!

Ha ha found this and thought of your post!

that cannot be more PERFECT!!!!!

I am back. Great intros of you and your adorable family.

Thanks!

I like your ADR choices. However, you cannot do the Fantasmic Package at 50's Prime Time. You can only get that at Mama Melrose, Hollywood & Vine and the Brown Derby.

This would be an addition to 50's PT... I just don't know IF we want these?!?!

Oh and I knew about this a bit ago. :)

Yes you did.. Especially when i found out you were going around the F&W thought we would overlap.. one of these days we will!

You sneaky devil!!!

You know it!

Ahh who cares you're going back!!! YAY!

I am uber excited about this

Love the dates. I saw the castle all light up in 2011 with my cheer girls and LOVED it so I can totally see how you want to go back for that.

Oh it is a site to be seen.. we went in 2011 too for the Christmas stuff! I have a report on that too.. my first ever report so it sucks.. HA HA.

ADR plans sounds awesome! CP before park opening is to DIE for. Are you going for the early? And I got BOG so I can't wait to talk bout that when I get back!

YAY!!!

Thanks! YES! CP before opening. there is no other way! and will be our first there. I need to see Eeyore. I need a squish from him.
I am SO HAPPY for you! BOG! best restaurant EVER! i can't wait to hear about it!

Have I told you how excited I am for you????

THANK YOU!!! and you as well! your right around the corner and I NEED TO READ ALL ABOUT IT!

Love all your ADR choices especially O'Hana breakfast and Garden Grill. Jim and I loved Garden Grill in May, it was our favorite from that trip. I just wish it was open for lunch because we are usually back in WS around dinner time.

Ohana will ALWAYS be on our MUST do list. I am just shocked Tom isn't having a fit we won't be doing dinner here.. Stitch is Matt's favorite so this was his pick.
Never been to Garden grill so this will be a first! i love Chip and Dale they were my favorites as a kid so this should be fun.. Plus i need to see the chicken with their feet stapled to the ground! HA HA!

Yeah for the Christmas Party! It takes a ton of planning to get everything in but well worth it! Well I had fun at mine up until the point it started pouring. Hope your weather is perfect!

I doubt we will get it all in. BUT i will say the kids are on the same page this year than last. they (i should say Zack knows) we are not running from ride to ride and we are going to do other stuff. Like the characters! all about a dance party too...

Have you been to 50s Prime Time before? I think your family will love it because you guys will get into the craziness that goes on there!

No we have never been to 50's. But we do have a similar restaurant here called Ed De'bevics we love it. Actually just took the kids there last sunday!
we did a you tube video on it where the waiter took the guys video camera and took off with it! I was DYING!

I'm feeling your pain on the booking ADRs before you know what the schedule is. Star Wars Weekends starts on May 15th and they still haven't shared the events schedule. I have booked the two Star Wars meals, but I can't figure out the rest of the trip because I don't want Emma and DJ to miss out on any of the special events.

They haven't?!? OH boy that is a rough one!!! No i totally understand not wanting to miss ANYTHING!!!! Are you going to do a report?!?!

That is the week we are hoping to go as well. After Jersey Week and before Thanksgiving. My DH moves a bit slower so I hope to take the plunge and book by the end of March.

AW no kidding! HOW FUN! I hope we can meet up one day?!? I LOVE Dis MEETS! are you going to rent a scooter for him?

We also have three kids but all boys, 9, 7 and 4.

GREAT AGES!!! they grow too damn fast.

I read your first trip report and I think I cried when I read how you were waiting for them to come home from school.

THAT WAS KILLING ME!!! waiting for them.. excruciating!!! all i did was want to tell them FINALLY!!!
You might have mentioned but where are you planning on staying? We have done AofA and loved the family suites but silly me just realized it is cheaper for us to do a moderate.

Nope your right i totally left this out! Oops. I must rectify this.
Same here last trip (the surprise trip of a lifetime) we stayed AoA lion king we LOVED IT. Yes moderate is cheaper but you cannot beat TWO BATHROOMS!!!!

So happy for you and have fun planning, I will be reading along.
Take care

SO GLAD TO HAVE YOU!!!! these Pre-trip reports are more silly and fun then my actual reports. so i hope you have a good time around here!!!

Cue my jealousy!!!!!!! I want to plan!!!! :) Well, I've been trying to plan for the vow renewal but they won't even let me talk to a coordinator at Disney Fairytale Weddings & Honeymoons until I actually book the thing which isn't til next June. I'm ready now, people!!!

OMG your kidding me? proposed on the train?!?! How flippin cool is THAT?!?
Umm YOU CAN PLAN! get a started! i want to read all about this!!! you can have a PTR going for a while my last one was two years in the making!!!

I agree with your kids--Good Life is just a torturous song to listen to when you've got the Disney Blues!:sad:

Disney blues.. they should make a pill for this. Yep it's a good life is supposed to be a HAPPY SONG! not in my house.

Lucky ducks. :teeth: I'm so excited for you to plan together and go again! :tinker:

It's so refreshing to be able to PLAN in front of them as ask question of what they want to do!!!

I finally made it. I have been hit and miss with work the last couple of days. Kids and their numerous appointments! I am super excited you get to go back. I have often wondered about November, but with college, that won't be an option for a very long time.

YAY!!!! your back!!! i hope you do get to go one year for the Christmas stuff.. November is a good time to go!

I told the kids I was planning one for summer 2016 and Marissa was upset because she was wanting to do a language intensive for the summer and wouldn't be able to go. I had to tell her that I wasn't going to be my aunt that always waited for her girls to be able to go at the same time and never got around to being able to go. I would plan the trip and whatever kids are available, will go. She isn't so excited to be an adult now. I wish I had started going when they were younger, so I am all for you trying to fit in as many trips as you can.

well you can look at this two ways.. One- sorry you won't be able to go - OR - you get to plan a couple of trips at different times to allow those who weren't able to make this trip! :thumbsup2 i like that idea...

I cannot wait to hear about all the rest of the planning, that you haven't already done. Being along for someone else planning a trip is almost as good as planning one myself.

I am so happy to be able to share all my planning here!! and get ideas from all of you!

I'm here. I'm so happy that you are going back this year. Can't wait to hear more of the details.
Liz

YAY Liz!

Hooray! Joining in again! So exciting to have a trip planned when you don't think you will be going back for awhile. I think it's absolutely adorable how much Disney means to your kids, especially Meg. That is pretty awesome! Looking forward to reading more!

I know!!! we just couldn't stay away!!! Disney does mean everything to my kids.. and your right especially with Meg.. she you tubes everything she can find. She may know more about Disney then i do. so she is a HUGE help when it comes to planning!!!

I thought Jersey week was the first week of November (1-7), which means your original dates would have been the week after. Just curious where you saw second week. Thanks

:wave: and welcome! It is the week before (the first week in Nov) yet if you look up the historical crowd levels for the following week the levels are still higher then the week i changed too. there are some Jersey stragglers who will be sticking around i guess plus you have Veteran's day in the middle where people are off of school/work i would rather be home and salute my vet's right here at home! :thumbsup2

Yay! I loved reading your surprise TR and can not wait to hear all about the new trip.:jumping1:

this is going to be a riot to plan.. also there might BE A RIOT with the kids allowed to help with the planning.. Meg does all her own research and the boys do NONE so when she suggests something the boys aren't all on board... i will get into this more in a minute..

I'm so glad that you were able to book another Disney trip. Your kids must have been ecstatic when you told them about it. :)

Oh yes.. I just couldn't deal with them and the depression!!! so this popped them back into their normal happy selves.

We just got back from our four day, seven person, extended family trip - and it poured rain all day Saturday. I thought about your family and the ponchos. At least we had a two BR villa at OKW with a washer and dryer to save the day.

and why am i not reading a report from you?!?! ugh the rain... good grief the ponchos were our daily wear!!! ohhh what was it like to have a 2BR villa?!?!

I'm in! I'm so excited that we will be trip planning around the same time!

YAY your in! What are your dates?!? where are you staying?

I'm sure I could pick up some tips from you.

Ask away! that's what we are all here for!

I need to finish your TR, though. I think I would've started my PTR by now, except I spend too much time reading everyone's TRs to actually create my own :rotfl:That and I'm leaning toward doing a combo PTR/TR from 2013/dining review. Yep, I'm nuts, but I figure that will keep me busy until the end of October :rotfl2:

this is true... I do the same.. Yet you have to do one yourself too It's nice to get all your ideas down in one place! i like dining reviews!!!

Well, well, well…seems you can keep a secret from us just as well as from your kiddos! Good for you!

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LOIS!!! glad your here! I KNOW it was NOT easy having this booked and NOT having a PTR going with you all! But i had to have the tr done i CANNOT do two reports at one time.. No way no how. i'm not that organized.

I'm glad you changed your dates. Dan and I went during Jersy week and it was busier than we were used to. Still better than a lot of dates, but we vowed to never go at that time again. I've been reading your TR and trying to get caught up. Loving it as usual!

the farther away i am from Jersey week the better.. we went in 2011 in the same week and it was GLORIOUS! so this is also why we changed! your adorable.. Your gift is STILL on my kitchen table...

Love those pics of TOT on your last day. Every one of them would make an amazing jigsaw puzzle!

HA! Thank you.. i had enough time on my hands to take all those pictures!!! Plus i have to tell you I SO VERY MUCH enjoyed our time together.

I AM jealous that you'll be there for the Christmas decorations. They never get old. I'm excited for you!!

I am SO excited to see them all again!!!!

Am I reading between the lines and seeing that you'll be having some DIS buddies along as well??? I sure do hope so!

:cool2:

It was sooo fun to spend time with you and your family in September. I felt I'd known you forever. And I could eat your kids with a spoon, they are so adorable.

I do wish we planned a little better to get a few PP or a couple of rides?!? and with Tess too!! It did feel right! I love meeting my Dis friends in person! it's so easy!!! I just adore you and Dan!

Your ADRs look really good. There will probably be free dining offered at that time. Can't wait to see where you are staying. I'll go out on a limb and guess the Poly…

Thanks i might move somethings around here.. I don't know! ohhhhhhhh my Poly... my dear sweet Poly...

Well, it was great getting caught up. I'll try not to be gone so long next time. I've missed my DIS friends a lot. Life has been crazy for me in regards to my parents and other things. But I'm hoping to be back on a more regular basis. Have a great day!!

Yes please don't be gone again I NEED YOU HERE!

Here... thanks for the heads up!

I'll be back to read. :surfweb:

Oh good! Glad you made it over! I need some comical relief from time to time!

Here from the Facebook group!

:wave:YAY! Welcome!

Our dates overlap! Maybe a DisMeet? We are going Nov 12-18th.

I would LOVE a dis meet!!! where are you staying?

I looked at the crowd calendar and it's calling for mostly 3's with a 4 or two thrown in there. When we went in November 2013 (13th-19th) the crowds were very manageable. Hoping for great weather!

I know! I love these levels!!!! I am so excited! as long as it doesn't rain like it did on our Sept trip i will be A-OK. I am reading a report now they went the same week we will be there this year and they are all wearing winter coats... :scared1:

How great, another trip! I'm sure your kids are thrilled. And I'm thrilled about another entertaining TR. :)

We're going to be there 11/21 - 11/28 so we may see you guys before you leave or we may see you on the road to/from Chicago. Probably staying offsite, but not entirely sure yet. Our oldest daughter just got into DCP Fall Advantage so everything is pretty much up in the air now.

HA HA! I am glad you like the other one! it was one fun trip!! The kids are overjoyed about going yet again. the spoiled brats that they are!!!

NO KIDDING! Congrats on the DCP!!! I have a friend there now and she is loving it. I hope you stay on property! especially is she can help you out with some discounts she gets?!?
YES we will be there! I do hope we can and will meet up!!!

I would LOVE a dis meet!!! where are you staying?

I know! I love these levels!!!! I am so excited! as long as it doesn't rain like it did on our Sept trip i will be A-OK. I am reading a report now they went the same week we will be there this year and they are all wearing winter coats... :scared1:

Staying at POP and maybe renting points for a night at AKL

Nooooo winter coats!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter