• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

There's no time to slumber we're going back in November! we came we saw and started a TR for it all!

So Apparently i never mentioned WHERE we will be staying? Good gracious i am a bad reporter writer person.
As most of you know I am a HUGE POLY FAN!!! Oh how i love the poly! it IS my home away from home. Last year we were initially booked there for the kids birthday.. Then the construction hit... I also had to remember this trip was ALL about them. Not me (who knew?) Ever since this resort opened the kids WANTED TO STAY HERE!
So being the best mom ever- (i know this as fact it's been recorded on tape) i changed resorts and went with AoA Lion King room. Lion King is Meg's FAVORITE movie and it's not girlie so it worked well with the boys too.
plus...

IT HAS TWO BATHROOMS!!! COME ON who can pass up 2 bathrooms with a family of 5?!?! Not this one!!!

So this year our first decision AS A FAMILY was where to stay.. Of course i want the Poly. Tom was OK with the Poly but he sided with the boys (whatever happened to stick together and against the kids?)
I was outvoted.

we will be staying:

car888960LARGE.jpg

Yep the car suite this time.. FOUR against ONE- Meg flipped on me too the little booger. - once again we will be staying AoA.. WITH TWO BATHROOMS! Those of you who don't know the layout here is an image i totally stole from the internet just like the above. SHOWING TWO BATHROOMS!

Art-of-Animation-Family-Suite-Model.jpg

I am not too upset about this.. as i do love it here and is my second favorite resort AFTER THE POLY.. and i finally get to walk around and take some pictures!! Which i didn't do last year... :eek: i need to rectify this...
and they have:

Yes. they supply you with Paper towels! Who could say NO TO THAT? selling point!

the kids really want to go to their pool.
7427915694_738c9048f4_z.jpg

Another internet steal.
Hey can you blame me? I haven't been to the cars suite yet i don't have my own pictures! you can bet I WILL!!!

These rooms are PERFECT size for all of us, so i will suck it up and do one more year here. NEXT TIME WE GO WE ARE STAYING POLY.. I don't care where they stay i will be at the poly ON THE BEACH drinking a Lapu watching wishes. ::yes::

alright... I am really excited to stay here - shhhh don't tell the family....

I also am going to request a parking lot view.. hopefully in building 1... This is why:

YES! you can see the frozen fireworks from the window!!! I am HOPING we can get this again. it's a hop skip and jump to Animation Hall (the main building) it's a perfect spot.

I am excited for this too:

So yes. I am excited to go back!!!

Staying at POP and maybe renting points for a night at AKL

Nooooo winter coats!!

Ohh AKL.. this is another place i want to stay!!! after my year back at Poly!!! there are several places that are on my bucket list. If your at Pop we will be close!!

I was wondering where you were going to stay and if your beloved Poly would win out. I MAY rent points for the Poly in 2016...I've not decided. If I do, it will be a Studio in the main resort, not one of the villas on the water (those points are OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!!). The Cars suite looks really cute.

We are going October 24-31 as of now. You know how that can change :rotfl: We are staying at Caribbean Beach for the pool and the refurb.:thumbsup2

Hey Michelle - I'm here from the November group :wave2: I'm so sorry your Poly dreams were crushed .. for now!!

We'll be 11/1-11/9 and now I'm nervous about the crowds - but we wanted to sneak in a Halloween party so for now I guess we'll stick with that week.

Aw crap...
Smoking Spots to be Reduced at the Magic Kingdom

I was wondering where you were going to stay and if your beloved Poly would win out. I MAY rent points for the Poly in 2016...I've not decided. If I do, it will be a Studio in the main resort, not one of the villas on the water (those points are OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!!). The Cars suite looks really cute.

I HAVE TO GO BACK!!! I just have to, apparently not this time. I would DIE for one of the water villas they are gorgeous!!! i was so against all this until i saw them. I still don't oike the main lobby.
Maybe for Tom's 50th as that is way before mine :idea: like in 4 years... Until then i would love to try BLT and AKL plus a few Moderates! oh boy i better get a plannin!

Yes, I read about the Smoking Spots being reduced. But since I quit, it really doesn't phase me, but I feel bad for those that do (they were hard enough to find).

BLT holds no interest. You know I LOVE the AKL.

We are going October 24-31 as of now. You know how that can change :rotfl: We are staying at Caribbean Beach for the pool and the refurb.:thumbsup2

Well that sounds DIVINE!!! I friend of mine is going around your same dates!!

Hey Michelle - I'm here from the November group :wave2: I'm so sorry your Poly dreams were crushed .. for now!!

Hi and welcome!!!
Yeah those dang kids... and husband! rotten i tell you they are all ROTTEN! :rotfl:

We'll be 11/1-11/9 and now I'm nervous about the crowds - but we wanted to sneak in a Halloween party so for now I guess we'll stick with that week.

The halloween party is not to be missed it is my ALL TIME favorite party!!! The crowds are HORRIBLE. i am sure you will be fine!! Much better then say June or August!

Yes, I read about the Smoking Spots being reduced. But since I quit, it really doesn't phase me, but I feel bad for those that do (they were hard enough to find).

BLT holds no interest. You know I LOVE the AKL.

CONGRATS On the no smoking! you really stuck to it! so about that grandbaby!!!! you did what you were asked!

I am not a fan of the decorations of BLT but the VIEWS are out of this world! Tim's report really sold me. and of course i had no interest in ALK until YOUR report!!! your all going to kill my bank account i swear...

I don't blame the kids for wanting to go back and stay at AOA it's a beautiful resort! I hope to stay there one day but it will probably have to be the Little Mermaid rooms since I usually don't go with a large group (or at least a large group that wants to stay together).

CONGRATS On the no smoking! you really stuck to it! so about that grandbaby!!!! you did what you were asked!

Hopefully by the fall she will be pregnant??? She is having a lot of issues with her fibromyalgia (actually getting worse instead of better), but she plans to go "off" her protection in June.

I am not a fan of the decorations of BLT but the VIEWS are out of this world! Tim's report really sold me. and of course i had no interest in ALK until YOUR report!!! your all going to kill my bank account i swear...

The views are awesome, but to me it looks like any building in Downtown Chicago. :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

WOOHOO on a Cars suite! We stayed in one when we went. I had a bunch of pictures but they were on my camera that was left behind in the Bahamas :sad::sad: Can't see all the new pictures you get with your new camera!!!

I have yet to see the Poly, but we will on our trip since we are eating at O'hana. Maybe then I will understand the love.

I refuse to do any work anymore..
so....

I don't blame the kids for wanting to go back and stay at AOA it's a beautiful resort! I hope to stay there one day but it will probably have to be the Little Mermaid rooms since I usually don't go with a large group (or at least a large group that wants to stay together).

It really is an awesome resort.. staying in another section will be lots of fun. I do hope we get the building and room we want! and NOT deal with Morticia again.
Hey my family is always willing to be adopted!

The views are awesome, but to me it looks like any building in Downtown Chicago. :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

You are NOT KIDDING. and i fully agree with you!!!

Sorry your Poly dreams didn't work out. Having 2 bathrooms is a definite plus.

oh it really is. It's wonderful and i do love this resort it's fantastic!!!

WOOHOO on a Cars suite! We stayed in one when we went. I had a bunch of pictures but they were on my camera that was left behind in the Bahamas :sad::sad: Can't see all the new pictures you get with your new camera!!!

I have yet to see the Poly, but we will on our trip since we are eating at O'hana. Maybe then I will understand the love.

i cannot wait to USE my new camera!! oh the things i will capture!!! SOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!
what building did you stay in?

oh the poly... I still don't like the new Lobby.. NOT ONE BIT. i love the OLD lobby. i won't stay there until all the construction is D-O-N-E!

well since i wont work anymore let's throw out another bit of planning information shall we?

Two bathrooms is a definite bonus! We were renting a tiny place with one bathroom while our current house was being built and there were some near misses if ya know what I mean. And there was the time Nolan flushed a duplo and we had to repair the toilet that night because we had no backup :rotfl2:

i cannot wait to USE my new camera!! oh the things i will capture!!! SOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!
what building did you stay in?

oh the poly... I still don't like the new Lobby.. NOT ONE BIT. i love the OLD lobby. i won't stay there until all the construction is D-O-N-E!

well since i wont work anymore let's throw out another bit of planning information shall we?

We stayed in Building 3

Since i booked- it was KILLING me not to say anything here. i knew i wanted to finish the trip report and run right into this report. Of course i told D and Suzi. then a couple of days ago
lead to lots of talking about Disney.. Which lead to Bradey's (Suzi's adorable son) birthday in the beginning of November.
Which THEN lead to Suzi wanting to go in November too!!! I was getting excited! D and Suzi have been in Disney together.. always leaving me behind. :sad: rotten friends.
Lo and Behold she WILL be in Disney!!! we will OVERLAP in our dates! Guess who will be possibly traveling with Suzi none other the D! so it is still possible i finally get to be with D~ and Suzi IN DISNEY!!!

BACK STORY:
For those of you who don't know I LOVE MY DIS FRIENDS! i have meet some of the best people on the planet right here on the Dis!!! I am VERY LUCKY to have them in my life. some i have never met in real life but feel like we have known each other for years ( cannot wait to meet in real life). some i was lucky enough to meet face to face whether it was here in Chicago or Disney! they are truly the best people on the planet.
A couple of years ago (2013) Suzi wanted to go to Mall of America where D lives close by. Since i was on the path of her going she asked if i wanted to jump on board! I said YES! ever since we have been great friends. Last year we did our Epic Dis meet here in Chicago and this year we will be traveling to the wonderful island of Maine. (yeah you read that right)

So to be able to finally meet these characters in Disney is going to be an adventure... the antics which will ensue! I cannot wait...

To be Continued!

:wave: and welcome! It is the week before (the first week in Nov) yet if you look up the historical crowd levels for the following week the levels are still higher then the week i changed too. there are some Jersey stragglers who will be sticking around i guess plus you have Veteran's day in the middle where people are off of school/work i would rather be home and salute my vet's right here at home! :thumbsup2

Ah, I gotcha! And hi! :oops:

So, I was a total lurker on your September trip, in that I found it a week or so ago and totally binge-read to catch up. Mainly because we were there at the same time! I looked back through my photos as I am almost sure we were at Akershus at the same time, but I didn't find anything. Then, I thought to check my hubby's photos, and guess what I found!
16539602640_617b0cd1fd_c.jpg

I'm pretty sure that you and family on the right, right???

Anywho, we'll be off by a week in November, but excited that you guys are getting back so soon! (relatively speaking!)
:flower1:

:wave: and welcome! It is the week before (the first week in Nov) yet if you look up the historical crowd levels for the following week the levels are still higher then the week i changed too. there are some Jersey stragglers who will be sticking around i guess plus you have Veteran's day in the middle where people are off of school/work i would rather be home and salute my vet's right here at home! :thumbsup2

Ah, I gotcha! And hi! :oops:

So, I was a total lurker on your September trip, in that I found it a week or so ago and totally binge-read to catch up. Mainly because we were there at the same time! I looked back through my photos as I am almost sure we were at Akershus at the same time, but I didn't find anything. Then, I thought to check my hubby's photos, and guess what I found!
16539602640_617b0cd1fd_c.jpg

I'm pretty sure that you and family on the right, right???

Anywho, we'll be off by a week in November, but excited that you guys are getting back so soon! (relatively speaking!)
:flower1:

Now that is awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter