~~ They're leaving the nest, sew it's time for a trip - or two - or three...~~ D~'s bag ~9/22 ~~

So glad Allison is home safe a sound! Sorry she got sick. That is no fun! Glad she is feeling better! Have a great day!

Thank God for Facebook or I would be totally lost and behind :) I love the new gate and fall decor on your porch. Your park bags are amazing (as always!) and I love your MNNSHP outfit--so fun!! You're inspiring me to dress more festive for when we head to MVMCP in December.

Anyway, just popping in to catch up. Starting this school year is just staying wildly busy...hasn't calmed down for a minute! Working is seriously interfering with my DISing :)

I was thinking of you the other day. I was at a store and saw fabric napkins almost identical to the fabric you used in your kitchen. I almost picked them up to send to you but was a goodwill find and some peeps are funny about that so decided not to.

Love the porch. Looks amazing. Can see Christmas lights on your gate with a wreath in the top center for Christmas.

Glad Allison is home safe and sound! So awful to be sick on a plane! I am impressed with the level of care given by the flight crew! I would think about having her send in a compliment. You don't hear good things often enough when doing your job and they really were great with her!

I am so glad to see Allison made it home. There was so much joy-even from the dogs! You could tell they missed her. It is great to hear that the flight crew were looking out for her. It's not always the case, but I am glad it was for her! Enjoy having her home! And enjoy your peaceful sleep, Lol.

I'm so glad Allison made it home safely. It must have been a terrible flight for her. It was very caring for the flight crew to make the extra effort for her. I'm sure they were also protecting the other passengers in case it was contagious.
Your bags are darling. I can't wait to hear about your upcoming trip.

Welcome home, Allison!!! I know you're so happy to have her home! Love how excited the boys were to see her!!! But sad that she was so sick on the flight! How wonderful of the flight attendants to care for her. Poor thing!

I'm so glad that Allison is home. What a tough flight she had, though. :(

Now life can get back to normal for the family. ::yes::

We made her eat meat. Friday she came home from school saying she didn't feel good. Headache and chest hurt. She went up stairs at 5 and fell asleep. She slept till 8:30, came down for an hour then went back to bed.
While she was napping, their soccer coach texted to see if they could play another game Saturday morning. I said yes.
90 degrees no shade with only 2 subs for the team. Sydney played hard, but in the 2nd half she was taken out and sat on the bench, you could tell something was wrong. I actually googled to see what time pediatrician office closed. We had no chance of making it. DH convinced her to eat a burger and as soon as she ate it she perked up.
She scored a goal in the 2nd soccer game.

That is great

So happy for you that she is home. Hope she feels better. I can't imagine being sick on a plane.

Yay!! So happy your girl is home! Love all of the pictures. Enjoy your weekend and happy Disney packing! :love:

I could not wait to get a break and log on this morning - I knew there would be news and pics! Yayayayayay! Welcome home Allison!!! So sorry to hear about the flight sickness; that would be a nightmare to me - but it sounds like the crew were at the top of their game. I know ya'll are all going to have a beautiful Sunday. Enjoy!!!

And yay for Disney packing!!!!!

So glad she made it home safely, albeit a rough flight, but glad she's feeling better today. Thought of her yesterday as I saw your FB updates! Enjoy the downtime and relaxation as everyone is back home!

What a rough way to fly! Welcome back, Allison!

Poor Allison being sick on the long flight back home. How nice of the cabin crew to put an out of order sign on one of the toilets so she would have it available when she needed it.
I'm glad to hear she is feeling better now.

:laughing: That's funny that you started to send Allison a good night snapchatt before realizing that she was home and you didn't need to send it :)

I had a nice weekend at the gathering. I think I'm getting old though. I got too little sleep the first night with the result that I had a terrible head ache all Saturday that my painkillers didn't take away. Luckily I got a little more sleep night to Sunday so today I haven't had that type of head ache, just my normal head ache that my painkillers can take care of. I met some new people and some old friends at the gathering and that's always fun. Now I'm looking forward to next years gathering.

Glad Allison made it home safe.

Yay!! She's home!!!

Yay Allison made it home!
I'm finally caught up. Disney internet isn't the best. We're having a great time. Saturday we went to Nights of Joy and saw Swiftfoot and TFK. There were other bands we would have liked to see but they were playing at the same times.
The Halloween party wa fun but hot. Today wee're going to Magic Kingdom is the morning and Hollywood Studios later on.
Have a great day. I'm sure you will since Allison's home.
Liz

Enjoy your trip Liz!!! I cannot wait to hear more!

So glad Allison is home safe a sound! Sorry she got sick. That is no fun! Glad she is feeling better! Have a great day!

Thank God for Facebook or I would be totally lost and behind :) I love the new gate and fall decor on your porch. Your park bags are amazing (as always!) and I love your MNNSHP outfit--so fun!! You're inspiring me to dress more festive for when we head to MVMCP in December.

Anyway, just popping in to catch up. Starting this school year is just staying wildly busy...hasn't calmed down for a minute! Working is seriously interfering with my DISing :)

I was thinking of you the other day. I was at a store and saw fabric napkins almost identical to the fabric you used in your kitchen. I almost picked them up to send to you but was a goodwill find and some peeps are funny about that so decided not to.

Love the porch. Looks amazing. Can see Christmas lights on your gate with a wreath in the top center for Christmas.

Glad Allison is home safe and sound! So awful to be sick on a plane! I am impressed with the level of care given by the flight crew! I would think about having her send in a compliment. You don't hear good things often enough when doing your job and they really were great with her!

Awww... That was just so nice of you to think of me. :lovestruc

Hehehe... I cannot wait to decorate for Christmas... I purchased sooooo much stuff on clearance last year, I cannot wait to put it all up! :woohoo:

I am so glad to see Allison made it home. There was so much joy-even from the dogs! You could tell they missed her. It is great to hear that the flight crew were looking out for her. It's not always the case, but I am glad it was for her! Enjoy having her home! And enjoy your peaceful sleep, Lol.

I'm so glad Allison made it home safely. It must have been a terrible flight for her. It was very caring for the flight crew to make the extra effort for her. I'm sure they were also protecting the other passengers in case it was contagious.
Your bags are darling. I can't wait to hear about your upcoming trip.

***************************************************************************************************

I just want to thank all of you for your well wishes for Allison... it really was a terrible flight for her. She did receive an email from Delta yesterday, asking her for her feedback from her flight - and she wrote a really long review commending the entire crew - it really was marvelous. I hope they pass long her thanks to them. :lovestruc

As an update on Allison - I do feel like she had a reaction to something she ate... As no one else has gotten sick, so far, we'll see how the next few days go, but so far, we are all clear. ::yes:: And she is doing much better. She is still very cautious about eating, as her body is also recovering from a large stress... Flying around the world like that, the time change and then being so terribly ill during the process - her body is just taking longer to recover and get back to normal. She's adjusting - it's just taking some time. ::yes::

We've all been laying low these last few days... I worked ahead in my sewing room so I could take my time this week and just spend some time with her. I still have to work and do custom orders, but I only have to work a few hours during the day - which gives Allison time to relax. I've planned out the rest of my week this way - and so far, it's going well.

Victoria is adjusting to having her sister home... It hasn't been easy - but it hasn't been too hard either. I am not sure either of them will ever admit it - but they did miss eachother, even if only a little bit. I think the hardest thing for V, is that she no longer has our undivided attention... However, we do have a HUGE Disney trip coming up - and we are really enjoying all of the excitement leading up to that.

It is a little difficult - as I have become very close with V this summer... So, trying to make sure that Allison feels included, yet that I am not excluding V - it hasn't been a challenge really - but just something I am aware of, and making a conscious effort to include everyone. If that makes sense?

So, that's about it - Allison is home... We all missed her, we are all enjoying her being back and spending time with her, hearing more about her trip and her experiences. :lovestruc It truly was the experience of a lifetime, and even though her home sickness seemed to shadow a lot of her trip - that part of it seems to be dimming day by day and the fun parts seems to be taking over her memories - as I hoped they would. ::yes::

I am currently on day 15 of my Whole30... That is going well. I took a picture of myself yesterday - and while I am still not happy with how I look, I do see progress. It's hard though, because the first thing I did, was pull up a photo of myself from last year, and compared them... Again - I see all of the flaws and all of the work I still need to do. It's tough... Even though I am still wearing all of my same clothes - I might as well be right back where I started, in my mind's eye. Our own perception is sometimes our worst enemy. ::yes:: Otherwise, I feel good though and I do feel like I've made good progress so far. :lovestruc

Not too much else is going on... Allison still isn't fully unpacked, so I have not been able to pack... However, I do have all of my Disney stuff laid out and separated, so once i do have possession of my luggage again - it will be fairly easy to pack. I hope. LOL

I hope you all have a wonderful day today! My apologies for the mass responses today - I hope to get back to individual replies tomorrow. Sending Pixie Dust out to all of you! :lovestruc

D~

So glad to come back to read that Allison is home safely. Sorry she was so sick on her flight but glad she's better now. I'm sure you are all thrilled to have her home and no longer need to worry about things happening to her when she is so far away!

I'm sure you are getting excited about your upcoming trip and I'm excited for you! Wish we could have made a trip happen this year but we have already decided that doing Halloween at the MK is on our list for next year for sure, as is the F&W Festival. We plan to upgrade our 7-day tickets to APs during our Thanksgiving week trip! Yesterday we even extended the current trip by one night and booked a night at Shades of Green so I'm looking forward to staying there again. Can't wait to read any tips you may have when you return since there have been quite a few changes there since our last stay there.

DH and I also need to get back on the weight-loss wagon. We did really well right up until our Universal Trip in June..and then we've not gotten back to it at all and I know my eating habits are horrible lately. Hoping I can get back on track soon! Good luck to you as you also return to more healthier lifestyle changes.

I'm so happy to hear that Alison is feeling better! I can only imagine illness AND jet lag probably knocked her right out of commission for a few days.

I know how you feel in the clothes department. I'm in the same boat where I'm still wearing all my same clothes, but they just don't FEEL the same. I was going through all my stuff with my sister the other day and was talking about how I don't like the way my clothes are fitting and kept referring to my "muffin top" and she just looked at me like I had four heads. We really are our own worst enemies. Just gotta stay focused and realize the changes you've made in the last few months. It seems like you're really in a good spot with your food and exercise, you just gotta stick with it and you will do great!

Well hello old friend.
Like Jackie said. Thank god for facebook.

Very sad story about the young boy. I wish more people cares. Unfortunately in Chicago we would never turn our lights off.... ever. Hence the reason for me starting to pack up my house to leave in 3 years.
Just would help to know WHERE i plan on moving too.. Guarantee it will be in a safer then Chicago living.

congrats on your working out.

I cannot be happier Allison is safe and sound at home. So sorry she was sick the entire time. I can't even imagine. Has to be worse then our flight from Maine. I still talk about that.

Ok i am off to do Disney Things! Have a pixi filled day know i am here and reading when i can life is just a wee bit hectic right now.

First of all from one mother to another I know what a huge blessing it is to have both of your goregous girls under the same roof again! I know how hard it is to make sure they both feel that they are loved and cared for evenly.

Secondly woo-hoo congrats to you on sticking to being healthy and getting back at it with such a commitment! As I have said before you are an inspiration not only for your victories but also for your mistakes. Everyone is so hard on themselves there are just those times when we are our own biggest critics! Kudos to you, you have come so far!

Finally I just wanted to pipe in and say your Disney outfits/bags and accessories are fabulous! Love them and I cannot wait to see all your trips and read your TR! Have a wonderful day!

So happy to hear that Allison is home safe, sound and feeling better. I can't believe she got sick, but so glad she is feeling better. Thankful that Delta was so helpful too!

I'm sure the girls have to get used to being home together. Oh siblings! I completely understand that sibling love we all have for each other.

Yes, our little furry visitor will be back for some overnights. It seems to work out well. I watch him when his family is away and they take my dog when I have to go away. I have at times kenneled my dog(s), but the last time the kennel had a kennel cough outbreak (which they called me prior to the stay) and I opted out of her visit. So now we help each other out.

How lucky that V has mostly electives. Oh to be in High School again; just for the schedule and socializing.

I'm getting all excited about your next trip. I love all the coordinating outfits/bags. You are going to have a great time!!

Just spent a few days catching up. Although I take my tablet with me, I don't spend too much time online (other than facebook on my phone) while we are on vacation, so I was behind. Glad to hear Allison is home safe (although I knew that already) and so sorry to hear she was sick on the flight. We had a great trip even with the hurricane - we were actually just on the very edge of the path, with mostly rain for a few days. One night we had a tornado watch, but it never went beyond that.
I've had to do a reset on my eating this week and its going well. I've decided that I need to go back on my strict eating plan. I've been slacking quite a bit and it shows,although I don't think I've gained weight, but my clothes don't fit as well.

We also decided that a sitdown meal every day is just too much food for us. Even though we didn't get appetizers and desserts most meals, it was still too much food, especially at the buffets. I already cancelled some of our meals - we will just get qs and share and see how that works out. If we don't like it, we will have another trip to adjust.

So glad to come back to read that Allison is home safely. Sorry she was so sick on her flight but glad she's better now. I'm sure you are all thrilled to have her home and no longer need to worry about things happening to her when she is so far away!

I'm sure you are getting excited about your upcoming trip and I'm excited for you! Wish we could have made a trip happen this year but we have already decided that doing Halloween at the MK is on our list for next year for sure, as is the F&W Festival. We plan to upgrade our 7-day tickets to APs during our Thanksgiving week trip! Yesterday we even extended the current trip by one night and booked a night at Shades of Green so I'm looking forward to staying there again. Can't wait to read any tips you may have when you return since there have been quite a few changes there since our last stay there.

DH and I also need to get back on the weight-loss wagon. We did really well right up until our Universal Trip in June..and then we've not gotten back to it at all and I know my eating habits are horrible lately. Hoping I can get back on track soon! Good luck to you as you also return to more healthier lifestyle changes.

Yes - we are thrilled to have her home... It's been a huge relief to have her here. :lovestruc

Yes - we are sooo excited, we are getting so close - next month!! Can you believe it already? I highly recommend Halloween in Disney - it's my favorite time to be there! How exciting that your trips are working out though - that's great! :woohoo:

It's so hard- I understand... Even with doing a Whole30, I am having a hard time - I should have done a total restart twice now, but I just can't with timing, or I wouldn't finish before we leave. So, I am just continuing on - it won't be long now and I'll have to start some reintro stuff - or Disney could be very, very bad for me. It is what it is, and at least I am working hard and doing the best I can. I hope you are able to find your motivation - often times, I find things like the W30 - even if I only do it for a week or 2, is a huge reset for me. ::yes:: So, maybe something like that would help? I know there are lots of "reset" type programs out there - I know that Mark's daily apple has one... beachbody has one... and there are a bunch on Pinterest... It's an idea. :scratchin

I'm so happy to hear that Alison is feeling better! I can only imagine illness AND jet lag probably knocked her right out of commission for a few days.

I know how you feel in the clothes department. I'm in the same boat where I'm still wearing all my same clothes, but they just don't FEEL the same. I was going through all my stuff with my sister the other day and was talking about how I don't like the way my clothes are fitting and kept referring to my "muffin top" and she just looked at me like I had four heads. We really are our own worst enemies. Just gotta stay focused and realize the changes you've made in the last few months. It seems like you're really in a good spot with your food and exercise, you just gotta stick with it and you will do great!

She is doing much better - she is still quite cautious and being very careful about what she eats - which is difficult for her, as she has wanted American food for weeks and weeks - but now that she is here, she just doesn't have the appetite for it. It will take her several days for her stomach and body to settle down, I am sure.

I am getting close - so that's helpful. I was able to wear my smallest capris yesterday - they were a bit tighter than I would like and slightly muffin-toppy, but not terrible. Hopefully, by the time we go on our trip, I will be able to wear them comfortably? It would be nice. ::yes:: We definitely are our own worst enemies - and we are so critical of ourselves, it's hard! I am doing the best I can right now - our trip is a HUGE motivator to me - I am not sure what I am going to do when I get home, as I have NO trip on the horizon at all... I may have to change that? :scratchin LOL Thank you for the vote of confidence... I feel like, after all these years of eating healthy like this, I should really be at a place where it isn't so hard and I should be on auto pilot... I just don't think that day will ever come? It will always be a struggle for me. :hug:

Well hello old friend.
Like Jackie said. Thank god for facebook.

Very sad story about the young boy. I wish more people cares. Unfortunately in Chicago we would never turn our lights off.... ever. Hence the reason for me starting to pack up my house to leave in 3 years.
Just would help to know WHERE i plan on moving too.. Guarantee it will be in a safer then Chicago living.

congrats on your working out.

I cannot be happier Allison is safe and sound at home. So sorry she was sick the entire time. I can't even imagine. Has to be worse then our flight from Maine. I still talk about that.

Ok i am off to do Disney Things! Have a pixi filled day know i am here and reading when i can life is just a wee bit hectic right now.

Hey Mo! I know - if it wasn't for FB, I wouldn't be able to keep track of anyone!

I know - Jacob's story is one that really hits the heart for me... It's nice, in a way, that they made his story public, as the community has really rallied around his family for decades - I feel like we all needed the closure too... but I wasn't expecting it to be quite so honest when I read it. It's terribly sad.

I understand about Chicago - Josh was offered a job there... He tried to use you as a motivator to get me to move... Until I told him you were packing up. He was very disappointed. :lmao: I completely understand why you want to leave, although your corner of Chicago seems to be very quiet and nice.

Yes - it's such a relief to have her home... I cannot believe that I have to go through this all over again next year with V... It's gonna be very rough!

Yah - that flight home from Maine... That was a doozie! I was actually SCARED on that flight! I still talk about it too - never again do I want to go through that!

I know the feeling - I hope you had a good day, with lots of Pixie Dust! :hug: Love ya Mo-Mo!!!

First of all from one mother to another I know what a huge blessing it is to have both of your goregous girls under the same roof again! I know how hard it is to make sure they both feel that they are loved and cared for evenly.

Secondly woo-hoo congrats to you on sticking to being healthy and getting back at it with such a commitment! As I have said before you are an inspiration not only for your victories but also for your mistakes. Everyone is so hard on themselves there are just those times when we are our own biggest critics! Kudos to you, you have come so far!

Finally I just wanted to pipe in and say your Disney outfits/bags and accessories are fabulous! Love them and I cannot wait to see all your trips and read your TR! Have a wonderful day!

Thanks - it's hard to have either of them away... It's so nice to have them both here now. The sigh of relief is immense! And trying to find our places again, within our family, has been something I really wasn't expecting... but it's pretty easy - so far. :lovestruc

Thanks - I am working hard at it, but it's still a struggle. I know - our mistakes are what make us stronger - but it's a hard reality sometimes, ya know? It makes my motivation a little more ~um~ dedicated, with our trip looming on the horizon... I need to look half-ways decent for that. LOL By the time I go - I'll probably look like I maintained the entire time... LOL... But we will all KNOW the real story. ::yes::

Thanks - I am very excited about them... They are coming together nicely and I cannot wait to wear them all!

Thanks - I am super excited to share it all here - Halloween is such a fun time to go and we have some great things planned... If I could afford to spend every fall in WDW, I would for sure. ::yes::

Thank you - same to you! :lovestruc

So happy to hear that Allison is home safe, sound and feeling better. I can't believe she got sick, but so glad she is feeling better. Thankful that Delta was so helpful too!

I'm sure the girls have to get used to being home together. Oh siblings! I completely understand that sibling love we all have for each other.

Yes, our little furry visitor will be back for some overnights. It seems to work out well. I watch him when his family is away and they take my dog when I have to go away. I have at times kenneled my dog(s), but the last time the kennel had a kennel cough outbreak (which they called me prior to the stay) and I opted out of her visit. So now we help each other out.

How lucky that V has mostly electives. Oh to be in High School again; just for the schedule and socializing.

I'm getting all excited about your next trip. I love all the coordinating outfits/bags. You are going to have a great time!!

Thanks Lynee... Yes - it is such a relief to have her home. I cannot believe how sick she was on the plane! Delta/KLM was great, and she has written a very nice letter to them about her experience - I hope the flight crew is thanked for it.

They do - Lots of adjustments there... But we are working on it and getting through.

Oh good - that seems like it's a really good thing you have going there... I'd love to have something like that for MM and SC - it would be perfect.

I know - it's nice to have her coming home from school every day - loving it. I've never had that experience with her before. Although - it is only the first week, things can change... :scratchin We'll see.

Thanks - we are getting so excited too! :woohoo: I just cannot wait to walk to the Poly on that first day... Smell the smells and just enjoy being there - that is truly the best part! ::yes::

Just spent a few days catching up. Although I take my tablet with me, I don't spend too much time online (other than facebook on my phone) while we are on vacation, so I was behind. Glad to hear Allison is home safe (although I knew that already) and so sorry to hear she was sick on the flight. We had a great trip even with the hurricane - we were actually just on the very edge of the path, with mostly rain for a few days. One night we had a tornado watch, but it never went beyond that.
I've had to do a reset on my eating this week and its going well. I've decided that I need to go back on my strict eating plan. I've been slacking quite a bit and it shows,although I don't think I've gained weight, but my clothes don't fit as well.

We also decided that a sitdown meal every day is just too much food for us. Even though we didn't get appetizers and desserts most meals, it was still too much food, especially at the buffets. I already cancelled some of our meals - we will just get qs and share and see how that works out. If we don't like it, we will have another trip to adjust.

Welcome home Tess - I loved seeing all of your pictures on FB... I am still ooohing over your V & A's outfits, those were soooo cool!

Thanks... We are super happy and relieved to have her home too.

Yikes about the weather - it seems to me, I'd rather be in WDW during a hurricane than anywhere else though. I've read reviews from people who have been there, and it seems like Disney does a good job of keeping people safe and also entertained during times like that. ::yes:: Glad the weather was tolerable though and you had a good time! ::yes::

Glad to hear that your eating is going well too... My W30 was also a good reset for me too... We just need to do that sometimes. It's kind of shocking to see (now) how far off track I'd gotten. It's a bit disappointing, but all we can do is move forward. ::yes::

V and I are averaging 1 sit down meal per day - although there are several days where we have none at all - so we should be OK? I hope. I am sure I'll be busting out of my clothes before we get home, as I always am. I feel like half of my TRs are full of me complaining about how much I gained while I was there. :lmao:

Again - welcome home!!!

********************************************************************************************************

I've been super lazy this week - regarding work. I worked ahead last week, so this week, I only have to work a couple hours every morning... It's really nice to be able to spend that time with Allison - although - I am sure she is getting sick of me now. LOL

I did my heavy lifting right away yesterday morning... I stressed something in my shoulders the other day - and I could really feel it yesterday. I was able to work through it, but it was a little painful/annoying.

Then I had to do some stuff for work, and work upstairs for a couple of hours. I was done by 10:30...

So, Allison and I went to town... We had some banking stuff to take care of... And some Starbucks stuff... And some Target stuff... Yah - we were just bums, but it was fun.

Snapchat-5390478088194124016.jpg

My Edge is still in the shop... We didn't drive it much this summer with Allison gone, so when I did start driving it a couple of weeks ago - the brakes were making a funny noise. I was finally able to get it into the shop on Monday and we found out yesterday that my rear rotors were crumbling away. Those are fixed now and we should be good... Allison and I will go pick it up this morning.

Anyways - Allison dropped V and I off at my Tuesday night class, and then Josh met us there to take Allison home - so I had a car to go home with later... Kind of annoying, but it worked out in the end. It looks like my class will be over within the next few weeks - which is good timing for me. ::yes:: I wasn't sure I wanted to do it this winter again...

I came home and went straight to bed early - that was kind of nice.

Today... I have to work out this morning... Then I have to do some work stuff... Then Allison and I have to go pick up the car... I promised the girls a trip to the mall - I still have to get V one more Senior picture outfit... So, that's my day.

I hope you all have a wonderful day - sending prayers and Pixie Dust out to all of you! :lovestruc

D~

Yes - we are thrilled to have her home... It's been a huge relief to have her here. :lovestruc
Yes - we are sooo excited, we are getting so close - next month!! Can you believe it already? I highly recommend Halloween in Disney - it's my favorite time to be there! How exciting that your trips are working out though - that's great! :woohoo:
It's so hard- I understand... Even with doing a Whole30, I am having a hard time - I should have done a total restart twice now, but I just can't with timing, or I wouldn't finish before we leave. So, I am just continuing on - it won't be long now and I'll have to start some reintro stuff - or Disney could be very, very bad for me. It is what it is, and at least I am working hard and doing the best I can. I hope you are able to find your motivation - often times, I find things like the W30 - even if I only do it for a week or 2, is a huge reset for me. ::yes:: So, maybe something like that would help? I know there are lots of "reset" type programs out there - I know that Mark's daily apple has one... beachbody has one... and there are a bunch on Pinterest... It's an idea. :scratchin
D~

I know I can't believe we are so close to October myself...I'm still in shock that it's September as I feel like I blinked and August was here and gone! We LOVE Halloween in Disney. DH and I have done it more without the kids than with them though. We just missed some stuff our last trip for Halloween due to the rain...TONS of evening rainstorms in late Sept for that trip...and not being able to see the evening parade was such a bummer for us...which is funny as DH LOATHES parades but this one is so great. Anyway with APs we'll still have to pay for the party tickets, but at least we can spend some other time there as well and maybe by then there will be some Avatar stuff open too!

Thanks for the ideas on eating. I had been doing fasting...but I haven't been able to get back into that yet either. I definitely agree a reset is in order so hopefully I make a decision on one and stick to it soon. It would be nice to drop a little more weight before Thanksgiving and I've all but dropped out of MFP again which was definitely helpful and kept me on track.

Enjoy your time with Allison! Sounds like you are having fun!

I'm glad Allison is starting to feel better and getting settled back to home life.

Your trip is getting closer and closer, how exciting!! You're so organized! Now you just need to reclaim your luggage. :rolleyes1

You are doing so GREAT on W30 - I know it's not always easy to see our progress as we are on these forever healthy and activity journeys but we need to keep the faith that we are going in the right direction and know that every step we take is leading us down this beautiful path.

Speaking of all this...my WW leader announced last night that due to low member numbers our Tuesday night class will be closing after next week. Ugh. Such a freaking bummer. Part of my success this time around on WW is due to this group of ladies and my leader. At least there are a few of us moving over to the Thursday night meetings but it's just not the same. Ahhh well, must continue moving forward and keep my eye on my goals.

Hey! Maybe you should consider this class again for winter...I mean it's not everyday you learn to knit mermaid tails!:ssst:
Happy Wednesday! :love:

Last edited:
Josh was offered a job there... He tried to use you as a motivator to get me to move... Until I told him you were packing up. He was very disappointed.

I would have LOVED to have you as a neighbor! Who knows where you guys would move to?!?
Yes i am overly excited to get out of dodge.

although your corner of Chicago seems to be very quiet and nice.

It is. Thankfully.. You go two miles west and fuggedaboudit....

Yes - it's such a relief to have her home... I cannot believe that I have to go through this all over again next year with V... It's gonna be very rough!

You do but at least this time around you know what to expect. AND you will have allison to help you since she did it!
or my house. since you never came...

Love ya Mo-Mo!!!

Love ya..

Mean it...

:hug:

Glad you have your daughter back home again! You look happy to be together again. When one of my boys left home, it was always a terrible adjustment for me. But then another adjustment when they came back :goodvibes It's definitely a process.

Excited for your TR! I've never been in the Fall but I'm thinking I need to make that happen next year. I'll be interested to see how the crowds are for you. Good job on being so disciplined on your eating - glad you're seeing results!

It's nice to have some lazy weeks at work a few times a year.

What is Allison doing this year?

I'm glad you are getting your car back so the logistics during your days get easier to handle.

I haven't heard anything about my car yet :( I really want it before winter comes so I can get used to the car on dry roads instead of having to drive it on snow and ice right away.

Autumn is here. Just from one day to the next all the leafs on the trees turned yellow. And now the leafs has started to fall off the trees as well.

Yay for Allison making it home safely but boo for being sick :( I can't even imagine how horrible that must have been.

I took a picture of myself yesterday - and while I am still not happy with how I look, I do see progress.

I really need to do this. I asked DH if he could tell any difference in me yet and of course he couldn't but he also sees me every day. I'm seeing the numbers on the scale go down but unfortunately I'm not seeing in outward difference, including the way my clothes fit.

However, I do have all of my Disney stuff laid out and separated, so once i do have possession of my luggage again - it will be fairly easy to pack.

I've started to do this too. Plus with the new shirts we bought, I don't want them ruined before we can even get to WDW. I need to clean our luggage off before we can start packing since our kitty decided it's his favorite place to perch now.

How great that Allison is home but yikes about being so sick.:crazy2: Poor kid! Wonderful that you were able to get ahead last week to have time to spend with her this week.

It's great that Victoria is enjoying her senior year. Wish I could say the same for Lizzy. She just wants to be done. She's taking AP Physics which is a lot of work but she actually says its her favorite class. We need to buy something for senior pics too. I was going to try to do them myself but I think I'm going to have a coworker do it. She does an awesome job, is very reasonable, and I think Lizzy might work better with her. Lizzy's class is so small that they only do 2 kids per yearbook page so the picture better be good.:D

I got an email from the school yesterday that the busses might be delayed due to a fire on the street right behind us-our closest neighbor is addressed that street. I called home to find out what was going on-it was the house across the street from our neighbor. A complete loss. The only one home was the family dog who did not survive. The Grandma, her son, DIL and 2 young boys were all safe but just so sad!!! The Grandma who we've known for 30+ years is 89. She must be devastated. The poor kids-went to school and come home to nothing. It's been so dry here I'm surprised the fire didn't spread. Fortunately they have friends who are in Germany til February so they have a place to stay for a while but reconstruction is going to be a long hall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter