Thinking of Christmas

Okay I just saw this on a Facebook post. I don't have enough Christmas sweaters/t-shirts to wear one every day in December but I have already purchased some advent calendars. I have a chocolate one from Purdy's and the jam one from Costco but I think I will give that to my Mom. I will be on the lookout for the cheese one when it comes out mid November. I have a kit to make a advent calendar so I will have to haul that out.
I see that Walmart online has some Christmas tshirts and they are already showing as limited stock. I have 2 new Christmas cd's just waiting to be opened and listened to but not until mid November and my friend sent us out the list of all the W Network Christmas movies and yup they are starting on Oct 31. I won't be putting up my tree early as I always buy a real tree and hold out until late so that I can keep it up until little Christmas in January. It was a tradition because we had neighbours on my old street who celebrated then so we kept ours up late.
I am going to be doing some more online paint sessions with Winter/ Christmas scenes so I can hang them as my decorations.
christmas 2020.jpg
What are everyones' plans?

I too bought a 7.5 ft. narrow tree few years ago and ended up taking it back. I picked up a small 6.5 ft regular pine tree and have been happy with it. (cheap and on sale at Walmart).
I spend most of my time setting up my Whoville Village and am slapping my hands that I do not need another village house but I really WANT another one. lol
I am not starting any decorating till second weekend of Nov. (I think).

Hugs
Mel

I spend most of my time setting up my Whoville Village and am slapping my hands that I do not need another village house but I really WANT another one. lol
I am not starting any decorating till second weekend of Nov. (I think).
I saw that Canadian Tire last week had some whoville houses on sale but I wasn't sure if you had bought them all already so I didn't mention it. LOL
They are still on clearance in Ajax and it was the Sweet Shoppe and the Toy Store.
Just checked again and they have City Hall and Who School. They also have a limited stock of a Mickey Candy store that I am now looking at. See what you started? :rolleyes1

My BIL collects (or used to collect) and the North Pole Series houses. OMG they are so cute! I got started on the kick, but stopped at like 4 houses as I knew it would be a very expensive collection! I love all things tiny. I bought ones that were about us: Pet Store, Video Game Shop, Candy Shop, etc. I think they were all smaller, elf-type houses and much cheaper LOL

https://department56.com/collections/north-pole-series

I saw that Canadian Tire last week had some whoville houses on sale but I wasn't sure if you had bought them all already so I didn't mention it. LOL
They are still on clearance in Ajax and it was the Sweet Shoppe and the Toy Store.

Oh so cool
I have both of them but thanks for letting me know . I bought the new Pancake house but I really want the Shoe shop,,, but it's retired and it looks like Ebay may be by only source for purchase.(so darn expensive). I don't have Galook's Party house and that may be my next goal. Shhh don't tell my kids.
1603723575569.png

Hugs
Mel

My BIL collects (or used to collect) and the North Pole Series houses. OMG they are so cute! I got started on the kick, but stopped at like 4 houses as I knew it would be a very expensive collection! I love all things tiny. I bought ones that were about us: Pet Store, Video Game Shop, Candy Shop, etc. I think they were all smaller, elf-type houses and much cheaper LOL

https://department56.com/collections/north-pole-series

Ohhhhh I love them!!!
Thanks for sharing.

Hugs
Mel

I just saw these in the Costco magazine. Haven't been to the store in a bit so I don't know if they are there too.

Attachments

• P_20201027_170705.jpg
    P_20201027_170705.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Bf wants to get a new tree, and since we don't have a lot of space, getting a new tree would mean having to toss the other one, but since there is nothing wrong with the tree I don't see the point in getting a new one this year. Will get some new ornaments tho, less breakable ones since our cat will climb up inside the tree, and last year one broke. Usually we go to bf's mom's house Christmas Eve and spend the night and then go to my mom's Christmas day, will probably still be doing that even though I'm just fine with just saying home. (They both live pretty close to us, and see them often.) Will get a gingerbread house this year for sure since last year we didn't. I don't trust myself with advent calendars. I'll eat all the treats in one sitting, instead of waiting haha . Pretty much just watching Christmas movies. The older I get tho, the less stuff I want for Christmas. Honestly I would be fine with just tickets to WDW for Christmas. No need to get a bunch of things. 😂

Reactions: NAB
I finished my Granddaughter's scarf BUT when I cast off,,,, it turned out horrible . I tried watching many hours of Youtube videos and have now reached out to my sister in law (talented knitter) who is going to hopefully rescue my project. Phew what a mess I made.
Middle son is negotiating for an early Nov Christmas decorating................I am still holding out till Nov 15th.

Hugs
Mel

Went to Walmart for ONE thing... came home with a new Christmas tree and some new decorations, spent way over budget. Ah well.

I’m following along here for some ideas, since I have no idea what to get my kids this year. Usually gift cards would be useful since they are older, but they have everything, and aren’t into online shopping, preferring to go shopping with friends(except we aren’t going to do any mall shopping any time soon). In January, we were thinking about a trip to Atlantis over the Xmas break as our “family gift” but obviously our plans have changed.

Went to Walmart for ONE thing... came home with a new Christmas tree and some new decorations, spent way over budget. Ah well.
Not great on going over budget but it's going to look great. When do you start decorating?

Not great on going over budget but it's going to look great. When do you start decorating?

Since kiddos birthday is in December we usually wait until after that or when he says it is ok. But I suspect this year may be earlier, probably not under after Nov 11 though. We are going to go through all our decorations and get rid of those that aren't as special, we have so many! Too many. Our new tree is smaller so we really don't need as many decorations any way.

Oh! Kiddo got some new sheets for his bed today. He wanted the fuzzy blanket that went with it but we didn't have enough for both. That may end up under the tree this year, we'll see :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter