This Is Us- Season 3

Did they imply that Zoe was raped or was she robbed? She said something about her apartment in Chicago and how she has three locks on the door and bars on the windows, not because she lives in a bad area but because she was violated? Kevin just glossed over and said, "that must have been horrible." Then they moved past it. I was wondering what they were talking about, it was not clear to me.
Her father sexually abused her as a child. That is how she ended up living with Beth. She told Kevin about it when they were in Vietnam because she didn’t want him to Post that she was there in case her father (who lived in that part of the world) tried to contact her. She locks up her apartment like that as a coping mechanism

I thought it was a really good episode. At first I thought I didn't like Zoe, but now that she has shown her vulnerable side and is letting Kevin in a little bit, I think I do like her more. Although, I have always been hoping that Sophie would come back into the picture.

I know it's just a TV show, but I thought it was weird that Kate talked about how she lost her entire childhood in a fire, but then Toby said he contacted Kevin who went through photo albums to find pictures of her stadium so he could have it rebuilt. I guess the photo albums could have been at the cabin, but it still seems a little far fetched that all the family mementos survived the fire such as the photos and the box of Jack's stuff that Kevin was going through.

I also don't like how they didn't really explain how Randall came back from such a big deficit in the election.

I thought it was a really good episode. At first I thought I didn't like Zoe, but now that she has shown her vulnerable side and is letting Kevin in a little bit, I think I do like her more. Although, I have always been hoping that Sophie would come back into the picture.

I know it's just a TV show, but I thought it was weird that Kate talked about how she lost her entire childhood in a fire, but then Toby said he contacted Kevin who went through photo albums to find pictures of her stadium so he could have it rebuilt. I guess the photo albums could have been at the cabin, but it still seems a little far fetched that all the family mementos survived the fire such as the photos and the box of Jack's stuff that Kevin was going through.

I also don't like how they didn't really explain how Randall came back from such a big deficit in the election.

If I had to guess, I’d think that the box of mementos was something that Rebecca had ready to go and either Jack or her grabbed it when they were fleeing the house.

As far as Randall winning, I think it’s implied that the tides turned after the Reverand sort of endorsed him at church.

Jack grabbed a bunch of things when he went back in the house to rescue the dog.

Toby took the whole selling of his Stars Wars stuff really well. I couldn't help but think she would have lost her mind and tail-spinned into some medical issue that would have threatened the pregnancy. It was sweet how Toby merged their childhood memories the way he did.

I think it's too far reaching that Randall won the election. I was shocked when he threw in his stay at home status the prior year in Beth's face since he wasn't working by choice after he basically walked away from his career.

I thought Jack grabbed the photo album when he went back for the dog, and figured the box had been from his office - that’s where they showed him reading the post card.

Good catch. I was wondering how it survived the fire.

I really liked this episode. It was very special and has me excited about the rest of this season.

So much good TV on right now! Makes January feel a little better :)

Yes, Jack did grab a few things when he went back for the dog. I believe a photo album was one of the things. I'm curious to see how Nicky managed to fake his death without the government finding him, although they don't have him as dying over there so maybe he was discharged and Jack just told everyone he died because Nicky wanted a new life. I wonder how the kids and Becca will handle the fact Jack lied to them all those years.

I wonder if Nicky went AWOL when he got back to the states and that's why Jack (and Nicky) didn't want anyone to know he was alive.

I think Randall winning was due to the Reverend giving him an endorsement. It seemed people wanted a change, but were afraid to rock the boat and vote for an outsider. Once the Rev. spoke highly of him, I think people switched over to team Randall.

I am liking Zoe better now that she is opening up more to Kevin. I still think she is a little too strong of a personality for him, but we'll see.

I really can't wait until they knock on the Uncles door. I am dying to see how Nicky is after all those years. He was in bad shape when we last saw him in Vietnam. I think Jack helped cover up this "death" because he knew Nicky was spiraling downward and probably wouldn't live much longer.

I thought Toby took it well that Kate sold his stuff. Nice of Kate to try to get some stuff for Toby on ebay even though it was not his original stuff.

I still find it fascinating that he was able to finance his campaign while neither he nor his wife was working. Not one discussion about money or health insurance. I know they were both pretty successful before, but you can burn through savings pretty fast that way.

I still find it fascinating that he was able to finance his campaign while neither he nor his wife was working. Not one discussion about money or health insurance. I know they were both pretty successful before, but you can burn through savings pretty fast that way.

I was fascinated they were able set up an impromptu election registration event on the fly on a Sunday afternoon.

I'm clearly not a fan of the whole election story line.

I thought Jack grabbed the photo album when he went back for the dog, and figured the box had been from his office - that’s where they showed him reading the post card.

Was that in this episode? Like a flashback of Jack reading the postcard? I missed it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter