This Is Us- Season two

I can’t even put all my thoughts down on this episode. It might be my new favourite, after William dying (what a sick thing to say lol)

Interesting. I would say it was one of my least favourite episodes, which sounds so incredibly cold. I thought Justin did an incredible job with his scenes. And the young big three etc. The writing with the football field scene was very well done.

I can't say it's that it's simply too much emotionally - I lived and died for Six Feet Under which was certainly not fa la la la la. I think I need a bit of levity/normalcy, throughout the very difficult. Which is bizarre since I'm not one to be emotionally scared of anything.

I didn't feel much besides being completely drained.

I don’t know why but I connected with Kevin so much this week. I’m literally tearing up right now.

Felt that kimblebee. :hug:

This, and Kate's dog being shown throughout the episode I think were huge hints toward the death.

Yes.

I am also wondering now if we are going to get a back story at some point. We haven't, correct?:laughing:

A la why did Kate get a dog versus a family dog. I'm simply curious.

Honestly, the actors who play the teenage big three are amazing. They capture the subtle nuances of the older counterparts.

Absolutely. Great casting.

I always love to hear about and see the audition process, to see if it was chemistry together that sealed the deal etc.

A casting agent is beyond important to a show's success.

I thought the same thing. Why on earth would she not help him????

I think that was the whole point though, Kevin practically crying for help and everyone around him is just too dazzled by his looks, fame, charm etc. He gave that cringe worthy speech about not being worthy and they all clapped and cheered. The Dr., who should see the signs, falls all over herself to get him in bed. The young starry eyed girl asking him to a party. Even Randall who must see how bad Kevin looks is focused on Kate.

HIs whole life everyone idolized him. He is crying for help and all everyone can do is worship him.

What a great post, anniemae. :thumbsup2

So ironic. We have a young Kevin always searching to be seen. And he lives a life/strived for a life where he definitely is, but he's realizing not in the way that is needed. Life. So very interesting.

About the dog..... I could be remembering wrong, but didn't Jack and Rebecca find the dog? I seem to remember they were having problems in their marriage connecting. They were in the car talking and when they got out, the dog was there and Jack picked him up. Is that right?

About the dog..... I could be remembering wrong, but didn't Jack and Rebecca find the dog? I seem to remember they were having problems in their marriage connecting. They were in the car talking and when they got out, the dog was there and Jack picked him up. Is that right?

Oh thanks anniemae. I do remember that now.

Interesting that she/he became Kate's dog.

And then Phoebe went on to have their triplets! It's all coming full circle now, isn't it?

Mind. Blown. ;)

I can't stand this storyline for Kevin. It's so uncomfortable to watch, which of course is the point.

It was VERY uncomfortable. It is a storyline that I have seen play out in my life many times...and it was very accurate. Although it feels rushed in the Kevin storyline, the motions he goes through all happen. I couldn't breathe when he was out on the lawn. It was SO raw. Justin did an amazing job; I hope an Emmy finds him.

The teen Big 3 - wow! They are all stellar actors.

I will be on vacation next Tuesday, but I have already told my husband that I WILL be back in my hotel room by 8pm to watch the Kate Episode.

Wow. This was a really difficult episode to watch. Amazing acting by Justin and the teen actors portraying the big three.

When the doctor said she wanted to talk to him I thought it was because she could tell he has a problem. I do not know anything about this but to me you would think she would have known the signs being a doctor.

I thought this as well. I guess the story going the way it did just really drove home the point that Kevin has never been seen as anything other than number one to everyone, just like he tells her in that scene. And when he tells her that she doesn't hear it, she hits on him instead. I also thought there would be some connection made between the fact that she is a doctor specializing in treating burn victims and the story of how their house burned down or how Jack died. Wondering why they would add that little detail and then go nowhere with it?

HIs whole life everyone idolized him. He is crying for help and all everyone can do is worship him instead.

Yep. It's an eye opening story line to watch as someone who can't really relate to his life experiences.

Last edited:
I had so much trouble watching this episode. Kevin acts such a jerk that I find it difficult to like him much of the time, and yet he's in so much pain that I feel so sorry for him. The ending was a sucker punch even though I was worried when I saw the phone call from Toby. Kevin was finally getting ready to allow himself to show his weakness to Randall. Now he's going to have to be strong for Kate, and I'm afraid recovery is going to take a back seat. Plus, Kate's episode next week is going to be hard, too.

I'm not sure if I can watch next week. I'm sure the writers will do justice to all the women out there who have been through this; but, it just hits too close to home for me.

DD and I have both miscarried so we'll probably blubber through it together.

Several episodes ago Kate was blaming herself for her father's death. Since the dog is hers, if he accidentally starts the fire, then she would blame herself. I wonder if the dog will piddle on faulty wiring and cause a short.

I'm not sure if I can watch next week. I'm sure the writers will do justice to all the women out there who have been through this; but, it just hits too close to home for me.

Several episodes ago Kate was blaming herself for her father's death. Since the dog is hers, if he accidentally starts the fire, then she would blame herself. I wonder if the dog will piddle on faulty wiring and cause a short.

:hug: to you both.

(And good idea about the dog!)

:hug: to you two and to the folks on this thread who are relating through the painful episodes via their own life experiences.

It was SO raw. Justin did an amazing job

He did Minnesota!, he certainly did.

:hug: to how close to home it hit for you.

:hug: to both of you.

To all the women who have been through such a loss.

My question about the dog was do we know how he/she became Kate's dog and not the family dog?

I don't know why I am hung up on such a small ridiculous detail. But regardless I am. :goodvibes

My question about the dog was do we know how he/she became Kate's dog and not the family dog?

I don't know why I am hung up on such a small ridiculous detail. But regardless I am. :goodvibes
We have a family dog but she is definitely older DD’s dog. Before that, again family dog but he was definitely DH’s dog. Dogs tend to pick their human and gravitate toward them for whatever reason. Even though our dog is technically a family pet I often refer to her as DD’s dog. I’ve been taking these references on the show the same way.

We have a family dog but she is definitely older DD’s dog. Before that, again family dog but he was definitely DH’s dog. Dogs tend to pick their human and gravitate toward them for whatever reason. Even though our dog is technically a family pet I often refer to her as DD’s dog. I’ve been taking these references on the show the same way.

I know that wenrob. Thank you. I have that in my family. Why are you so left out with your dogs? :rotfl:Just joking, no need to answer. ;)

I simply wondered if there was a background more than that with Kate. Probably not. :goodvibes Just what you said, the dog took to her.

I know that wenrob. I have that in my family. Why are you so left out with your dogs? :rotfl:Just joking, no need to answer. ;)

I simply wondered if there was a background more than that with Kate. Probably not. :goodvibes Just what you said, the dog took to her.

I also think that she was the most vulnerable of the three kids at the time that would draw the pooch to her.

We don't know. All we know is that the dog was a stray that Jack and Rebecca found. I am sure more will be revealed. Maybe she was the one who was drawn to the dog since Kevin was busy with football and Sophie, and Randall was busy with applying to colleges and he had a girlfriend, Jack was in recovery and Rebecca busy keeping everyone together etc. My guess is Kate needed the dog as much as it needed her.

This was one of the best show of the season for me!!! I'd love the scenes of Kevin talking on the football field. I'd loved when Jack was on stage talking to Kevin through the coach that made me bawl. The Dr. I thought she was actually was going to help Kevin not jump into bed with him. At what point is Randall going to see Kevin is beyond messed up?? I;m sad for Kate and Toby.

Justin Hartley gave an Emmy worthy performance tonight Sterling better be on his toes lol lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter