This Is Us- Season two

When the doctor said she wanted to talk to him I thought it was because she could tell he has a problem. I do not know anything about this but to me you would think she would have known the signs being a doctor.

I thought the same thing too. When she asked him for a walk I thought she was going to try and help him not hit on him. Obviously, she is an intelligent woman and witnessed his behavior that evening. That is why I don't feel sorry for her when he snuck out of her house. A jerk move for sure, but I feel she got what she wanted.

OMG I was hoping he was not in bed with that student. I was like OH NO KEVIN. I wonder if his plan all along was to steal the prescription pad from her. I think Sophie will find out about this, but it seems they were broken up anyway so not sure it matters. I think he lost Sophie for good.

The time frame last night was very close to Jacks death since he was in his cast at the funeral. Interesting to see Jack in recovery, I guess he was on the phone with his sponsor. Funny to see how conceited Kevin was.

Honestly, the actors who play the teenage big three are amazing. They capture the subtle nuances of the older counterparts. When teen Randall said something to kate like, "no problem LL cool Kate," he had that same low rambling tone as adult Randall. They are simply marvelous. And teen Kate talked fast and clipped her words just like adult Kate. Great acting on their part.

I thought the same thing too. When she asked him for a walk I thought she was going to try and help him not hit on him. Obviously, she is an intelligent woman and witnessed his behavior that evening. That is why I don't feel sorry for her when he snuck out of her house. A jerk move for sure, but I feel she got what she wanted.

I thought the same thing. Why on earth would she not help him????

I think that was the whole point though, Kevin practically crying for help and everyone around him is just too dazzled by his looks, fame, charm etc. He gave that cringe worthy speech about not being worthy and they all clapped and cheered. The Dr., who should see the signs, falls all over herself to get him in bed. The young starry eyed girl asking him to a party. Even Randall who must see how bad Kevin looks is focused on Kate.

HIs whole life everyone idolized him. He is crying for help and all everyone can do is worship him.

I did wonder also about the breaker causing the fire, my husband said that's why breakers trip to prevent that, but maybe it didn't trip.. I also noticed candles everywhere with busy kids and dog... they are definitely toying with us. Poor Kate!

The time frame last night was very close to Jacks death since he was in his cast at the funeral. Interesting to see Jack in recovery, I guess he was on the phone with his sponsor.
Oh no, what if he was drunk the night of the fire? He is struggling in this episode.

I knew it was coming. When Toby called Kevin, I just knew.

I actually said out loud, oh no, why is Toby calling him? Then I got so wrapped up in Kevin sobbing on the lawn I forgot, and then I got sucker punched by Randall. I gasped out loud and put my hand over my mouth. I am so ticked they did that, I wanted her to have a good pregnancy.

Do you think the part with the electric breaker box is a foreshadowing? Possibly it was an electrical fire that burned the house down.
Hmmm, very interesting thought, did seem like an odd thing to just throw in there since it really didn't affect the storyline last night.

OMG, it's hard to see Kevin falling apart like this!

I felt so bad for him at the end!!! He was about to confess to Randall, who would have been supportive and seen that got help - and yet again, just like when they were kids, someone else's problem overshadows his.

Now he won't tell, everyone will think he's just just upset for Kate and not realize what bad shape he was already in, and he'll keep spiraling.

Next weeks episode is called Number Two so presumably it will focus on Kate.

The week after that, number Three.
On the after show the writers said they revealed Kate losing the baby to prepare us. Don’t know if I can take it. Last nights episode was pretty rough. It’s supposed to be the same day(s) in their lives.

On the doctor helping Kevin. I’m sure she realized he was high/drunk but for her to leap to he has a serious problem/addiction would be a bit much just being around him for a couple of hours.

One glimmer of hope I had was that Kevin wanted that prescription BADLY but when he realized the necklace was gone he didn’t hesitate to try and go find it. The necklace was more important than the pills. I also think Sophie will find out because of the necklace. I just hope he gets it back, I was heartbroken for him.

Does anyone think we will get a complete reveal on Jack's death this season?
The actors who play Randall, Kate, Beth, & Toby were on Facebook Live last week and they said we find out this season.

I wonder if the starry-eyed high school girl got Kevin's necklace. I can see how that would have some bad repercussions.

High school girl? She looked young but I didn't think she was actually a high school student. I was thinking early 20's maybe.

I also thought she was supposed to be a high school girl -- maybe someone from the student council -- who was organizing the big alumni recognition ceremony. (My high school does something similar in conjunction with homecoming.) The actress probably *is* older than actual high school age, but I think she was supposed to be a current student at Kevin's alma mater.

I also thought she was supposed to be a high school girl -- maybe someone from the student council -- who was organizing the big alumni recognition ceremony. (My high school does something similar in conjunction with homecoming.) The actress probably *is* older than actual high school age, but I think she was supposed to be a current student at Kevin's alma mater.

I thought she was high school. He was being honored by his high school and I though she was a student there.

Yea I thought she may have been an alum of the high school, and was helping to organize the ceremony. Maybe even a recent alum.

Oh my gosh I gasped at the end when Randal told Kevin. Was not expecting that at all. Kevin is a mess.
I did too. What a sad shock.

Next week the show conflicts with the DWTS finale so I'll have to watch later. Luckily none of my friends watch/talk about it so no spoilers.

Interesting to read all of your thoughts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter