Thoughts on Lowball Offer

$90-$95/point with current year points is what I would want the price to be. Prices are not going up anyway time soon. If by December you don't have a contract then you can adjust.

In 2021 there is going to be tons of loaded or full point contracts for sales with so many cancelling trips this year.
I agree we would much rather have the pricing in the $90/$95 range. I offered low and they took a higher offer...don't blame the seller as they are trying to make as much as they can right now. Since we aren't in a rush, better luck next time. :)

They’re also one of the sites who has “borrow all the 2021 points immediately!” in the description of contracts without 2020 points. Which is of course currently not allowed.
I've been searching some of the less "prominent" sites to see what's out there and have noticed a few similar discrepancies. One site appeared to have listings that the owner wrote the ad copy for themselves. It stated that the points could be used for Cruises, Disney Collection, etc. (well, yeah... for YOU, but not for whoever buys it from you).

Another site (which was clearly not formatted with DVC in mind as the main product), included no UY information for any of the listings. I used the "chat" feature to inquire about the UYs and the reply was that I needed to use the "make an offer" function and then ask the owner what the UY was. Ummm... I don't want to make an offer on it if it's not the UY I want. :rolleyes1

I thought about offering $1 in order to ask that question. If by some strange circumstance, they accepted it, I might be willing to take on a random UY in order to save that much. But then I thought about the fact that this would require me to register all my information on this website that virtually guaranteed I'd be bombarded with who-knows-what non-DVC timeshare spam. No thanks.

I've been searching some of the less "prominent" sites to see what's out there and have noticed a few similar discrepancies. One site appeared to have listings that the owner wrote the ad copy for themselves. It stated that the points could be used for Cruises, Disney Collection, etc. (well, yeah... for YOU, but not for whoever buys it from you).

Another site (which was clearly not formatted with DVC in mind as the main product), included no UY information for any of the listings. I used the "chat" feature to inquire about the UYs and the reply was that I needed to use the "make an offer" function and then ask the owner what the UY was. Ummm... I don't want to make an offer on it if it's not the UY I want. :rolleyes1

I thought about offering $1 in order to ask that question. If by some strange circumstance, they accepted it, I might be willing to take on a random UY in order to save that much. But then I thought about the fact that this would require me to register all my information on this website that virtually guaranteed I'd be bombarded with who-knows-what non-DVC timeshare spam. No thanks.
I had exactly the same experience! I also couldn’t figure out how many points per year. There’s an SSR contract on one of the really sketchy sites for $76/point and it has no info as to 2019/2020/2021 points. I keep looking at it but I can’t pull the trigger. Maybe I’ll bid $50/pt and if they take it at that point I don’t care if it’s loaded or stripped.

I had exactly the same experience! I also couldn’t figure out how many points per year. There’s an SSR contract on one of the really sketchy sites for $76/point and it has no info as to 2019/2020/2021 points. I keep looking at it but I can’t pull the trigger. Maybe I’ll bid $50/pt and if they take it at that point I don’t care if it’s loaded or stripped.
I sent an email about that contract yesterday just out of curiosity and I have not gotten any reply back. I honestly would not even buy it if it was loaded because I have no idea if it a scam or not lol.

I sent an email about that contract yesterday just out of curiosity and I have not gotten any reply back. I honestly would not even buy it if it was loaded because I have no idea if it a scam or not lol.

Which site was it?

Yes, that is the one I was looking at as we have a Sept UY and it seems not many come up with that UY. We are in no rush, just nervous that we won't see many with our UY. Thanks for the input, greatly appreciate it.
I bought a 120-point AKV resale that passed ROFR in January for $104/point, Sep UY. They DO come up and I think even with ROFR back on, you'll likely be fine at $100/point.

According to their site you can use First American Title if you want which is a real title company. That goes a very long way in reducing your risk. i would make my offer contingent on them allowing me to chose my own title company. I have decided for me though, I am not going to bid.

Which site was it?
buyatimeshare.com It's been discussed here recently in a few threads. The people selling timeshares there have zero idea what the market is and they are nearly all priced way too high or way too low. However, buyer beware, their BBB rating is awful.

If you really want it, be reasonable. The people may just decline instead of counter. I know I did that with a few.
It is your money so you can offer whatever you want, and it does not hurt to go in lower because most sellers know the buyer is going to offer something lower.,,,but just be reasonable if it is something you truly are hoping to negotiate.

This is what burner Gmail/outlook accounts are for. :)
I know. I have several such e-mail accounts. But I hesitate to even use those because I have a compelling need to go in and regularly clean out my inboxes regardless.

My wife, on the other hand, has tens of thousands unread e-mails. It drives me crazy because I can't help but wonder if there's something important that slipped through and is buried among the rest! :rotfl2:

I bought a 120-point AKV resale that passed ROFR in January for $104/point, Sep UY. They DO come up and I think even with ROFR back on, you'll likely be fine at $100/point.
I offered on one today they were asking $127 for 100pt at AKV and I offered $105 and according to the broker there were others that were lower than mine so I didn't get it. The broker thought that it would probably go for $120-$123. You don't know unless you ask...no worries as we aren't in any rush.

:confused3
Wouldn't the highest offer be the one the seller would accept? 😉
Yes they would, but there were others higher than mine. All he would say was that offers were still coming in and they were only going to contact the seller with one offer. Will not make any more offers until I start to see a drop in prices. :)

I know. I have several such e-mail accounts. But I hesitate to even use those because I have a compelling need to go in and regularly clean out my inboxes regardless.

My wife, on the other hand, has tens of thousands unread e-mails. It drives me crazy because I can't help but wonder if there's something important that slipped through and is buried among the rest! :rotfl2:

I hope she didn't miss an email from a Nigerian prince... 💸:jester:

According to their site you can use First American Title if you want which is a real title company. That goes a very long way in reducing your risk. i would make my offer contingent on them allowing me to chose my own title company. I have decided for me though, I am not going to bid.

buyatimeshare.com It's been discussed here recently in a few threads. The people selling timeshares there have zero idea what the market is and they are nearly all priced way too high or way too low. However, buyer beware, their BBB rating is awful.
So I got a call from the broker today. I’ll call him back in a bit. But they are just one of those “dump your timeshare” companies. I may make a crazy low offer just to see if they will take it. Anyone have an idea on how low a SSR contract could pass ROFR? Like if I offered $50 a point any chance it would get through?

So I got a call from the broker today. I’ll call him back in a bit. But they are just one of those “dump your timeshare” companies. I may make a crazy low offer just to see if they will take it. Anyone have an idea on how low a SSR contract could pass ROFR? Like if I offered $50 a point any chance it would get through?
Hard to say. Disney has let some very good deals through recently, to the point where it seems they are not planning to ROFR anything. But it is possible that there is a price where they won't pass it up. However, I think at SSR the odds of a crazy deal passing ROFR are better than at like BCV or VGC.

P.S. Good luck, like I said I decided that I didn't want to risk doing it, but I hope it works out for you.

I spotted one of these when we were shopping for a contract back in May. Eventually discovered that the fees were extremely high. So it’s one to watch. The one we saw was listed at $80 per point but with fees came to over $100 per point. So I’d get the fees detailed before you put any sort of offer in, as even at $50 you might end up breaking even on fees!

P.S. Good luck, like I said I decided that I didn't want to risk doing it, but I hope it works out for you.
Turns out that unit is not for sale, supposedly the owner does not want to sell anymore. Oh well, not a big deal.

Hmm I was about to ask a similar question. AKL 160 point for $117 I just offered $100. Full points from 2020 onwards.
I am comfortable to wait it out, the only thing I want to get in on is the waving of the ROFR at the moment.
lol. i think i made a $100 offer on that one last week (was the price recently reduced?). they countered, but it was still higher then i wanted to pay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter