Throwaway Room - Offsite to Onsite Stays

Status
Not open for further replies.
''

Hiro - we added a one night stay to the front of our res in June but they are still separate res numbers as it's the same room type and same resort but a different discounted rate. With this new policy do you think we will have a separate booking window for the first day and then the second-sixth days?
Unfortunately, yes you’ll have 2 separate booking windows.

All the research on this is being reported on the News board. I’m on West Coast time so haven’t yet caught up on anything newly discovered since yesterday. :goodvibes

Unfortunately, yes you’ll have 2 separate booking windows.

All the research on this is being reported on the News board. I’m on West Coast time so haven’t yet caught up on anything newly discovered since yesterday. :goodvibes

I’m having trouble finding the News board. Is it possible to link it?

Ugh I’m really upset about the new booking window policy. We have a ten day stay but split between 3 resorts and having 3 booking windows now puts us at a huge disadvantage for getting slinky dog and flight of passage.

I have a reservation at AoA for 12/21 for 1 night, I am switching to Movies Resort on 12/22 until my check out day on 12/28. I have a 7 day hopper ticket, first park day would be 12/22. MDE tells me that my fastpass window opens on 10/22. I like to book fastpasses for every single day until my check out day at Movies Resort.

So with the recent changes, it seems that I won‘t be able to do that until 10/23 as I have a split stay? Did I get that right? So I am loosing one day of fastpass booking advantage.....?

Don‘t know if loosing only one day does make it anymore difficult to get fastpasses for the most wanted rides but it‘s definitely a bummer....

So I am loosing one day of fastpass booking advantage.....?
Yes.

This is the Throwaway Thread where discussion focuses on the perks of a brief onsite stay.

The FP FAQ Sticky’s Split Stay section has been updated and is in progress to reflect current IT info. :)

Yes.

This is the Throwaway Thread where discussion focuses on the perks of a brief onsite stay.

The FP FAQ Sticky’s Split Stay section has been updated and is in progress to reflect current IT info. :)

Pretty much been gutted, actually. ;)

I'm loving the every other day scenario to maximize free parking. The FP changes don't bother me any. I'm wondering though, is there any benefit to sharing DP credits on the every other day plan? We are going to share credits from the DDP but I don't see that any more value could be gained on that particular item when staying on site every other day.

I'm loving the every other day scenario to maximize free parking. The FP changes don't bother me any. I'm wondering though, is there any benefit to sharing DP credits on the every other day plan? We are going to share credits from the DDP but I don't see that any more value could be gained on that particular item when staying on site every other day.

wouldnt you get free parking on check-in and check out day anyway for a 1 night stay?

wouldnt you get free parking on check-in and check out day anyway for a 1 night stay?
Yes. The “every other night” bookings would allow for more days of free parking spread out between a lesser number of booked nights.

2 nights of “every other” = 4 days of free parking

2 consecutively booked nights = only 3 days of free parking

You need to connect all of the existing MDE accounts through Friends and Family. When you then link the Ft. W reservation to one of the accounts, you can then match the guest profiles to the Ft. W reservation. As PP noted, if you make two reservations, you can either receive MB's for both reservations or opt out of one reservation's MB's. Either way, all linked MB's will work with both reservations.

Thank you! So, just to make sure I'm clear:
Basically, I have my MDE account with my hubby and daughter = family #1 (3 people). Family #2 = my sister & hubby with their own MDE accounts (2 people) and family #3 = niece, hubby, and 2 kids (4 people) with my their own MDE account. A total of 9 people.
So, I'd make the FW res. with all 9 names, then send the invites through my MDE account to the appropriate MDE accounts for each family and then they would be able to accept the invites and the MB's would be linked/assigned to their individual owners? So they would be able to use the MB's for park entrance, photos, FP+, etc. the same as if the res. was booked for each family individually?

I successfully booked FP+ for Florida family members using the "umbrella" yesterday and today (prior to 30 days).

It works, but there are some changes to how umbrella operates. One example: you cannot modify the FP for anyone not on the reservation (you get an error when you try to commit).

It works, but there are some changes to how umbrella operates. One example: you cannot modify the FP for anyone not on the reservation (you get an error when you try to commit).

so even once your in the park, if it was an original FP made at 60 days, for an offsite family member, you cant modify it? time, etc.

Thank you! So, just to make sure I'm clear:
Basically, I have my MDE account with my hubby and daughter = family #1 (3 people). Family #2 = my sister & hubby with their own MDE accounts (2 people) and family #3 = niece, hubby, and 2 kids (4 people) with my their own MDE account. A total of 9 people.
So, I'd make the FW res. with all 9 names, then send the invites through my MDE account to the appropriate MDE accounts for each family and then they would be able to accept the invites and the MB's would be linked/assigned to their individual owners? So they would be able to use the MB's for park entrance, photos, FP+, etc. the same as if the res. was booked for each family individually?

Personally, I would link the MDE accounts first, make the Ft. W reservation and then, when you link the Ft. W reservation, you can manually match the names on the reservation to the profiles in your MDE account as you are now all linked.

so even once your in the park, if it was an original FP made at 60 days, for an offsite family member, you cant modify it? time, etc.

I don't know for sure, sorry. But I will know in 60-ish days. ;-)

My assumption would be that it can be modified once you are inside 30 days. But in the 60-to-30 day range, it cannot be modified. And seemingly must remain the same ride as the on-site people (it wasn't previously required to be).

Last edited:
I don't know for sure, sorry. But I will know in 60-ish days. ;-)

My assumption would be that it can be modified once you are inside 30 days. But in the 60-to-30 day range, it cannot be modified. And seemingly must remain the same ride as the on-site people (it didn't previously require to be).

Thanks for your insight!

So just to get this clear, a throwaway room for 1 night gets you 60+1 days advance FP for checkin/checkout dates, and all other dates after that will need to wait for 30 days advance bookings?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter