• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thank you as always! So helpful!!

Do you happen to know how early, I’m guessing 30minutes?

Also upgrade can’t be done at a resort right?
Yes 30 min. but that info is before “any guests” are admitted.
In many cases, the GRs would be open about an HOUR before regular hours opening time . It is somewhat complicated . That’s why I usually say “well before...”

Last edited:
Yes 30 min. but that info is before “any guests” are admitted.
In many cases, the GRs would be open about an HOUR before regular hours opening time . It is very complicated . That’s why I usually say “well before...”
Again thank you!

Last question, at least for today, :)

If I purchase a certificate online can I link it and still make FP?

@Robo I have a question regarding tickets and MB and FP+.... I have a one day ticket,purchased 2 months back and in my MDE....(I think it expires at end of 2019) and was planning to use it this upcoming week,have already made Fp+ and gotten MB etc. Today a friend gave me a guest entitlement ticket to use....
I was wondering-can I use this guest ticket to enter the park,and STILL use my previously booked FP? And scan my MB to use those FP?
Can I hang onto my unused purchased ticket longer than end of 2019,and pay an extra fee to use it say, next year? Thanks

@Robo I have a question regarding tickets and MB and FP+.... I have a one day ticket,purchased 2 months back and in my MDE....(I think it expires at end of 2019) and was planning to use it this upcoming week,have already made Fp+ and gotten MB etc. Today a friend gave me a guest entitlement ticket to use....
1. I was wondering-can I use this guest ticket to enter the park,and STILL use my previously booked FP?
2. And scan my MB to use those FP?
3. Can I hang onto my unused purchased ticket longer than end of 2019,and pay an extra fee to use it say, next year? Thanks
1. If you connect the guest ticket to your MDX account, then yes.
2. If you connect the guest ticket to your MDX account, then yes.
3. Yes.

Ugh.
1. Do they expire at the end of the valid date window?
2. If they are "expired" then I would have to upgrade them, right?
3. Would I have to upgrade them at WDW
4. or can I do it online?
5. That would be a pain because then I couldn't use them for FPs in advance.
6. Speaking of FPs, I wouldn't be able to make FPs in the 60 day window with my existing passes, will I? I have not tried booking a "free dining" trip with APs since before FP+ started.
1. Not exactly "expire." (Unless the stated -end date- such as Dec. 31, 2019 -or whatever- is reached.)
2. You would need to pay to make them viable during the dates of the next trip.
3. In-person, yes. -or-
4. In advance, I don't know.
5. Under too many circumstances that has become the case.
(I am not a big fan of advance FP+. It has created too many consequences (unintended or otherwise.)
6. If you purchase the "basic" tickets to qualify for "free" dining, you can book FPs at 60 days in advance.
If you (or anyone in your party) does NOT -also- have additional tickets or APs those guests can only book advance FP for the number of days worth of valid tickets that have been purchased.
If you DO -also- have APs or "enough" additional valid tickets, you can book advance FPs at 60 days, up to the number of days of your resort stay.

When you renew your AP online prior to expiry, do you have to go to GS to activate the new AP on your next trip? Or is it automatically activated because it’s a renewal rather than a new AP?

I have a question. We have PH tickets for oct 12-19, but trip has changed to oct 5-12. We are upgrading to AP when we get there. But, I went online to look at changing our ticket dates for FP purposes. And even though the tickets for the date ranges would be EXACTLY the same price if purchased originally, changing to those dates online was going to be $40 more. Is this just a “change” fee? And would I “lose” that $40 when I upgrade?

Do you happen to know if it's possible to upgrade one of the tickets in a package I have booked through Disney to an AP? Right now I have 7 day base tickets but would like to bridge one to an AP.

1. Do you happen to know if it's possible to upgrade one of the tickets in a package I have booked through Disney to an AP?
2. Right now I have 7 day base tickets but would like to bridge one to an AP.
1. It is.
2. "Package" tickets can be upgraded, individually, after check-in at WDW.
("Package" tickets cannot be individually upgraded prior to the trip.)

I have a question. We have PH tickets for oct 12-19, but trip has changed to oct 5-12. We are upgrading to AP when we get there. But, I went online to look at changing our ticket dates for FP purposes. And even though the tickets for the date ranges would be EXACTLY the same price if purchased originally, changing to those dates online was going to be $40 more. Is this just a “change” fee? And would I “lose” that $40 when I upgrade?

Sorry, I don't know.

Last edited:

I don't know if I can resolve the question or not, but I can think of a couple things that might have impact:
1) when did you purchase the original (Oct. 5-12) tickets?
2) where/from whom did you purchase those tickets?
3) are you comparing the values of Oct. 5-12 vs Oct. 12-19 online today, or based on what you actually paid with the original transaction?

There was a price change earlier this year - back in March. If you bought your original tickets before that, it's possible the price has increased $40. Looking at the ticket prices for both time periods today looks the same, but if you actually purchased the tickets back in Jan/Feb they would have a different value. If you purchased stand-alone tickets directly from WDW (not package tickets), I don't believe they "bridge" and you would then need to pay the increase. If this is the situation, and since you plan to upgrade to APs anyway, that $40 value should carry forward into the upgrade once you are onsite.

Enjoy your vacation!

I have two non expiration tickets from 2006 and 2007. I believe they belong to our son and his wife who will be joining us in October. I am going in July. Will Guest Services tell me how many days are left on these tickets, and will I be able to use them to make FPs for my son and daughter in law? One began as a 5 day hopper, the other as a 7 day hopper.

I have two non expiration tickets from 2006 and 2007. I believe they belong to our son and his wife who will be joining us in October. I am going in July.
1. Will Guest Services tell me how many days are left on these tickets, and
2. will I be able to use them to make FPs for my son and daughter in law? One began as a 5 day hopper, the other as a 7 day hopper.
1. Guest Relations. Yes.
2. After arrival, getting those tickets "authenticated" and being in the park those days, and/or connected to your (or their) MyDisneyExperience account at that time.
-OR-
In advance, only if you can get those tickets connected to your (or their) MyDisneyExperience account
in advance.

MORE:

Tickets – Frequently Asked Questions

Q. How can I determine the number of days remaining on a theme park ticket?

A. When you arrive at Walt Disney World Resort, please show your ticket to a Cast Member at any of the following locations:
• Ticket windows at theme parks and water parks
• Concierge desks at Disney Resort hotels
• Guest Relations at Disney Springs

If you wish to check from home, please email us at ticket.usage@disneyworld.com and include the following:

1 Photograph or scan of the front and back of each ticket
2 Your full name
3 Where and when ticket was purchased
4 Purchaser’s name and form of payment
5 Phone number where you can be reached during the day

Please keep the total email size, including attachments, below 2 MB. To ensure your email is less than 2 MB, you may need to compress your images or send multiple emails.

We’ll try to get back to you as soon as possible, but it normally takes 14 business days for a response.

@lanejudy, that’s EXACTLY it, I just wasn’t thinking! We purchased from UT back in Jan, so that is precisely where the difference is coming from. So now, to decide if I “lose” part of our discount and get FP or just skip FP til we get there, since we’ll be going other times as well. Thanks so much!

@lanejudy, that’s EXACTLY it, I just wasn’t thinking! We purchased from UT back in Jan, so that is precisely where the difference is coming from. So now, to decide if I “lose” part of our discount and get FP or just skip FP til we get there, since we’ll be going other times as well. Thanks so much!
You would not really "lose" the $40, anyway.
That $40 would be "absorbed" into the upgrade transaction.
After changing the ticket, it would cost $40 (or so) "less" to upgrade to the new AP.

I purchased tickets for my family as part of a package. The first planned park day is at Epcot, entering via the International Gateway. I plan to visit Guest Relations at IG, upgrading only my ticket to an AP ticket. Will Memory Maker be immediately available to me? Do I need to do anything to activate it? Will my family members' magic bands also associate with the memory maker associated with my AP (attraction photos, etc.)?

I purchased tickets for my family as part of a package. The first planned park day is at Epcot, entering via the International Gateway.
1. I plan to visit Guest Relations at IG, upgrading only my ticket to an AP ticket.
2. Will Memory Maker be immediately available to me?
3. Do I need to do anything to activate it?
4. Will my family members' magic bands also associate with the memory maker associated with my AP (attraction photos, etc.)?
1. OK.
But, if you wait until you are INSIDE Epcot (using your regular ticket) you will very likely be able
to do the AP upgrade -FROM- your MDX account. That way, you will be getting the correct price
for your upgrade.
(Something that does not always happen when dealing with random CMs doing the upgrade.)
And, all of your AP perks (including the photos) will be immediately available, too. **
2. Yes.
3. Nope.
4. If they are all in (or are "connected to") your MDX, then yes.

** You can TRY to do the upgrade via MDX before you enter the first park.
It MIGHT work even without you actually using the original ticket to enter a park.

Last edited:
1. OK.
But, if you wait until you are INSIDE Epcot (using your regular ticket) you will very likely be able
to do the AP upgrade -FROM- your MDX account. That way, you will be getting the correct price
for your upgrade.
(Something that does not always happen when dealing with random CMs doing the upgrade.)
And, all of your AP perks (including the photos) will be immediately available, too. **
2. Yes.
3. Nope.
4. If they are all in (or are "connected to") your MDX, then yes.

** You can TRY to do the upgrade via MDX before you enter the first park.
It MIGHT work even without you actually using the original ticket to enter a park.
Thank you! I thought I did a good job of researching before asking questions, but I did not know that upgrading via MDX is a possibility. I'll definitely try that first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter