1. It is.
2. "Package" tickets can be upgraded, individually, after check-in at WDW.
("Package" tickets cannot be individually upgraded prior to the trip.)
Thank you! Is this something I can do online once I check in? Or is this something I need to handle at the park? We're heading over to MK after check in so do I just speak to guest relations there?

If we want to upgrade our 7 day hoppers, 2 of 4 were purchased in late 2018 and registered on MDE (idk if that matters) and the other 2 were purchased last Aug. (I think). We want to go to either 9 hoppers or 10 day. Will they only charge us for the extra days or make the original 7 to be at the 7 day cost today as well. We're going to WDW on Thanksgiving, and trying to figure out if we upgrade over the phone to save a bit of time or in person at 1st park.

1. OK.
But, if you wait until you are INSIDE Epcot (using your regular ticket) you will very likely be able
to do the AP upgrade -FROM- your MDX account. That way, you will be getting the correct price
for your upgrade.
(Something that does not always happen when dealing with random CMs doing the upgrade.)
And, all of your AP perks (including the photos) will be immediately available, too. **
2. Yes.
3. Nope.
4. If they are all in (or are "connected to") your MDX, then yes.

** You can TRY to do the upgrade via MDX before you enter the first park.
It MIGHT work even without you actually using the original ticket to enter a park.

If you upgrade to an AP using MDX, can you then go to Guest Relations to pick up your card?

If you upgrade to an AP using MDX, can you then go to Guest Relations to pick up your card?
Yes.

(And, if you happen to lose that card (or forget to bring it) you can get a replacement free from GR.)

If we want to upgrade our 7 day hoppers, 2 of 4 were purchased in late 2018 and registered on MDE (idk if that matters) and the other 2 were purchased last Aug. (I think). We want to go to either 9 hoppers or 10 day. Will they only charge us for the extra days or make the original 7 to be at the 7 day cost today as well. We're going to WDW on Thanksgiving, and trying to figure out if we upgrade over the phone to save a bit of time or in person at 1st park.
Upgrading (generally) requires that you must "turn your old tickets into current tickets."
You can try to upgrade either in MDX or over the phone.

I saw another post mention online Florida resident verification and then not having to stop at guest relations to show ID when it was time to activate. I saw it online too but I’m not in FL so it wasn’t loading. My dad has officially moved to Florida and we will be visiting him in August to help get settled and then go to WDW - but he wouldn’t come. We are going again in November to WDW. I’d love him to purchase our kids APs. Could this now work and he wouldn’t have to come to WDW on that first trip in August to prove his residency?

I saw another post mention online Florida resident verification and then not having to stop at guest relations to show ID when it was time to activate. I saw it online too but I’m not in FL so it wasn’t loading. My dad has officially moved to Florida and we will be visiting him in August to help get settled and then go to WDW - but he wouldn’t come. We are going again in November to WDW. I’d love him to purchase our kids APs. Could this now work and he wouldn’t have to come to WDW on that first trip in August to prove his residency?
Anything is POSSIBLE, but
I’m going to vote “I doubt it.”
Too many possible abuses.

Bought DH a 3 day ticket last year and had to cancel the trip due to a health issue. Ticket is good until the end of this year but we are going for 6 days. I also have a set of non expiring tickets. Can I use one of those to make/hold his fastpasses and then upgrade the 3 day ticket to a 6 day and then move the non expiring ticket to another profile to hold it for later use? Is this the best scenario to get his fastpasses at 60 days (staying at WL) to match up with the rest of ours? It’d be so nice if there was an option to upgrade before arriving but I think I’m correct in that it can’t be done since it was purchased from UT. TIA.

Upgrading (generally) requires that you must "turn your old tickets into current tickets."
You can try to upgrade either in MDX or over the phone.
Thanks. If trying in MDX first, I should be able to tell if paying an upcharge for the old tickets by going on Disney tickets and seeing the price difference between 7 and 10 days first.

Bought DH a 3 day ticket last year and had to cancel the trip due to a health issue. Ticket is good until the end of this year but we are going for 6 days. I also have a set of non expiring tickets. \
1. Can I use one of those to make/hold his fastpasses and then upgrade the 3 day ticket to a 6 day and
2. then move the non expiring ticket to another profile to hold it for later use?
3. Is this the best scenario to get his fastpasses at 60 days (staying at WL) to match up with the rest of ours?
4. \It’d be so nice if there was an option to upgrade before arriving but I think I’m correct in that it can’t be done since it was purchased from UT. TIA.
1. Yes.
2. If that NE ticket has never, ever been used, that will work.
3. If you CAN'T move the NE ticket, you just need to have Guest Relations set the PRIORITY
of the "new" ticket to be the tickets that are USED FIRST.
You can have the priority set when you do the upgrade.
Just do it BEFORE going into a park.
4. It may be possible... or not.
Ya never know.

1a. Yes. The amount paid for the original tickets serves as the "first payment."
1b. The moment you upgrade, the new AP will take on the characteristics and rules of that AP.
2a. Although I'm not sure about your particular kind of ticket, in most cases with FL resident tickets, you can upgrade within 6 months of first use.
2b. Just keep in mind that new AP would only be valid to one year from the date that your original ticket was first used.
2c. I don't know, but it seems like you'd not be able to choose to finance the payments with the timing of this scenario.

Thank you very much!

Sounds like it's best to wait until my last day using my 3 day ticket to upgrade so we can get its full use before it converts to the AP.

Since we have Fastpass reservations on the last day, would we need to upgrade after using them, or would they still be there if we upgraded earlier in the day?

Thank you!
1. Is this something I can do online once I check in? Or is this something I need to handle at the park?
2. We're heading over to MK after check in so do I just speak to guest relations there?
1. Yes. (Although you MIGHT need to use the original ticket to actually go nto a PARK before the AP upgrade option appears in MDX.)
2. I'd check MDX. If the option appears (see #1) then do the upgrade that way.

1. Yes.
2. If that NE ticket has never, ever been used, that will work.
3. If you CAN'T move the NE ticket, you just need to have Guest Relations set the PRIORITY
of the "new" ticket to be the tickets that are USED FIRST.
You can have the priority set when you do the upgrade.
Just do it BEFORE going into a park.
4. It may be possible... or not.
Ya never know.
Thanks Robo! Appreciate your help!

I purchased 5 day tickets through air miles and I would like to upgrade them to an annual pass. Since the ‘tickets’ come as vouchers, I know we will need ID to activate and upgrade. My question is - Should we go To Disney Springs to do this or do you think We would be successful at guest relations at a park , probably the Studios. We arrive late, but want to get an early start, so a park would just be quicker on arrival day.

I purchased 5 day tickets through air miles and I would like to upgrade them to an annual pass. Since the ‘tickets’ come as vouchers, I know we will need ID to activate and upgrade. My question is - Should we go To Disney Springs to do this or do you think We would be successful at guest relations at a park , probably the Studios. We arrive late, but want to get an early start, so a park would just be quicker on arrival day.
You really need to put your "air miles" tickets into your MyDisneyExperience account before your trip.
That way you can book FP+ in advance.
-AND- with your tickets in MDX, you very likely will be able to do the AP upgrade THROUGH your MDX account and not worry about an in experienced CM doing the process.
The upgrade option should appear in your MDX either as soon as you arrive/check-in, or just after you have entered your first WDW park.

I purchased 5 day tickets through air miles and I would like to upgrade them to an annual pass.

And, just to be clear, you can only upgrade to one AP using ONE ticket.
(2 tickets to 2 APs. 3 tickets to 3 APs. Etc.)

Because of your wording, it sounded like you might want to use multiple tickets to upgrade to one AP (which is not allowed.)

I have a package deal with a travel agency. We have tickets that say.....
4-Day Magic Your Way Ticket with Park Hopper Option + 1 Water Park Fun & More
Start date is Nov 8, ending Nov 12.
Can we upgrade these to Annual passes?
If so how much would we get for an adult ticket and how much for a child's ticket?
Thanks

If so how much would we get for an adult ticket and how much for a child's ticket?
Thanks
I can't tell if you have "special Travel Agency tickets" or not.
If they ARE "special" tickets, I don't know if they are upgradable, or, if so, their value.

Sorry.

Thanks

OTOH, if they are "regular" Theme Park Tickets, you can see how to compute their value
and upgrade to APs in Post #6 of the thread on which we are now posting.

OTOH, if they are "regular" Theme Park Tickets, you can see how to compute their value
and upgrade to APs in Post #6 of the thread on which we are now posting.
I think they are special agency tickets....
How can I find out if these are upgradable before we go?
On the info I got it says .....
4-Day Park Hopper with Bonus Feature
*Your tickets will be automatically linked to your Magic
Bands.

*Bonus Feature - receive One (1) complimentary visit PER PERSON, to your choice of the
following: Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park, Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park, Disney’s
Winter Summerland Miniature Golf Course (prior to 4:00 PM), Disney’s Fantasia Gardens
Miniature Golf Course (prior to 4:00 PM), ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex or One (1) round
of golf at Disney's Oak Trail 9-hole Golf Course (tee times are required and subject to
availability; clubs not included).
Please note that the Bonus Feature is only included with park tickets for 2 or more days, which
are purchased as part of a special Agency Package.

I think they are special agency tickets....
How can I find out if these are upgradable before we go?
Yup. That's what I figured.
I don't have access to any data regarding TA tickets.
Sorry.

If your INTENT is to get APs, you could cancel the "special TA" tickets and buy regular tickets
(maybe from a ticket discounter) and then you'd KNOW the costs and rules involved.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter